“Too crowded”

Ranked #4 of 439 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
Reviewed 22 April 2012

It was my visit so for sure I had to see the Magic Kingdom. We went on a Monday. I enjoyed finally seeing the castle. Get there before the park opens to see the opening ceremony. This also allows you to make a beeline into the park and get in line. I wasn't traveling with any small children so we hit the big rides, all with < 10 min waits in the following order: Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, took the train to Fantastyland and road Space Mountain, grabbed lunch (before noon to avoid long lines), then walked around taking in the smaller attractions. Beware, the park becomes infested with strollers by mid day. The Electrical parade is worth seeing, get there super early for good seats and the WISHES nighttime spectacular is also great (but Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios is better).

Write a ReviewReviews (56,295)

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Our first visit to the Majic kingdom without the kids. We had a great time and went to all the shops and had a nice lunch. We felt like kids again!!

2  Thank mikeyt62
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Great place to bring the kids, but everything appeared to be the same when I was a kid. Not a single thing has changed since then. You need to go on an 'off-day' (never go on a weekend), otherwise the mobs will completely overwhelm you. Rather go to Universal or Epcot....won't be going back to the MK anytime soon.

1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed 22 April 2012

over rated... the attractions are outdated , the thing we liked most was the princesses. Not planning to go back

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I will always be a kid at heart. At 52 years of age the magic kingdom is my favorite place to visit. I enjoy it so much, my children beg to leave when tired from a long day at the park and I just keep on going. I never get enough of the parks shows and rides. the food is also great. we take the fairy boat out when leaving just to enjoy the fireworks show while on the water. we will be returning soon.