We just stayed at the Hyatt for 2 nights. Upon arrival, service was excellent, from guys at the front door to getting help with our bags.
The rooms were very clean/nicely decorated. We ended up getting a pool view room, when we paid for a cheaper room...and at no extra charge.
The grounds were just beautiful/well maintained. The 3 pools were just crazy fun. At least one of the pools was open 24 hours, which was a nice bonus (for those that like a late night swim). I loved the caves theme surrounding the pools. There was also a bar within those caves, which was quite cool.
There are lots of activities (biking, golf, kayaks, rock wall, etc), but we ended up just staying poolside and lounging. The only negative about all this is the $22/fee for those activities...but after seeing what they offer, and even just the pool experience and such, I don't mind it so much.
Self Parking was $11/day. Some would complain, but I don't mind as this resort is very private/gated, and the lot is very close to the hotel (even though it seems far away as you pull up to it).Valet parking I think was $20+ day.
They had several restaurants, but we only went to the so called "sports bar". That was kind of an interesting experience. It's more or less a sushi/tapas placed dressed as an old pub. Talk about mixing it up. Food was actually excellent, but very pricey for what you get (again, it was tapas, so really didn't expect a full meal). The rest of our stay we ended up going outside of the resort for meals, though we did eat lunch poolside one day, and it was excellent. There are many restaurants within a mile of the resort. The hotel does have a nice lounge in the lobby, which is open late, with lots of comfortable seating to relax. Really like liked that.
Overall, we had an excellent experience...will go back for sure. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a nice family spot that's close to everything Orlando offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando, Florida