We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks at the beginning of February, it was very nice & our children enjoyed seeing the animals.
We were out every day apart from 1 poolside day, so we are quite glad we didn't spend the extra on a Savannah room as we wouldn't have got any more benefit than our own animal hunts around the 2 hotel areas.
Our children really enjoyed taking the animal sheet provided in our room & going on a search, we found all sorts of places to see animals from, all over the place.
The pool is really nice, although a bit cold. The hot tubs are superb, our daughter almost fell asleep resting on her Dad's legs.
We have to say a special THANK YOU to Jeff at the concierge desk for trying very hard & finding us a Chef Mickey's breakfast cancellation.......thank you, thank you :0) it was fantastic & our children utterly loved it.
The food isn't the cheapest, and we found it a bit strange that you can buy a hotel refillable drink mug, but you can only refill it at the self service restaurant. They won't put any soft drink in it at the pool bar, so my husband had to buys us to drinks...bring them to our table, then walk to the self service restaurant to get some coke for the children!!
Also, the self service restaurant is situated in a place that you have to walk outside the hotel to go to it.....there is no entrance from inside the hotel, we found that a little strange too.
The maid service was very good, our room was always clean & towels always changed.
The hotel is really well set out & very well done with the theme of safari, my son & I had a lovely walk around at about 5am the morning after we'd landed. We were awake because of the time difference so we went on a lovely quiet walk inside & out.
Being (I think) the furthest hotel away from some of the parks it does sometimes feel like it takes a while to get to your destination, but it's not too far.
I think we would stay in one of the more central Disney hotels when we go next time, but I am glad we have stayed here.
I won't say we'll ever go back to this hotel because we never return to the same places, too many hotels in the world to try!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida