We stayed at the Pop Century at the end of our spring break vacation for two nights. We did not spend a lot of time at the resort as we checked out Downtown Disney and spent our final day at the Magic Kingdom. We have stayed at Disney Properties in the past at Moderate and Deluxe level resorts. The staff and service were at the same level found at the other resorts which is what I would expect from Disney. The decor around the rooms and pool was very cool and we stayed in the 80's - 90's section so it brought back some memories for us of our lost youth!
We ordered a Large Pizza for a late dinner and it was very good and good value for the price! We went for a quick swim after the park the night before we left and it was quick mainly because the pools are not heated so a cool evening in March in an unheated pool is quite chilly.
We used the Disney Transportation system to get to the park and downtown disney. This is honestly the best aspect of staying on any Disney Property. We have stayed off site twice and this is worth the extra cost in gold!! It is so easy and makes for a quick return to your bed when you really want it!
The only negatives about a Value Resort over the others are:
There are no hot tubs at this resort (that were on a map that we could find??) which is unfortunate since many people with tired feet and legs would probably enjoy having the chance to relax after a hectic day at the park. Also the beds are all doubles and are quite small for adults - ok for kids.
Overall this is a nice resort and good value but I would probably go back to the Moderate Rooms as they are a bit larger and have queen size beds. It is too bad they could not get one queen and one double in a room since most groups are families with kids - then everyone could get a good nights sleep!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the unforgettable fads of the 1950s through the 1990s all over again. From yo-yos and Play-Doh(R) to Rubik's Cube(R) and rollerblades, this Resort hotel salutes the timeless fashions, catch phrases, toys and dances that captivated the world through the decades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Pop Century Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Pop Century Resort
- Disney Pop Century Hotel
- Pop Century Disney
- Disneys Pop Century Resort
- Disneys Pop Century Hotel
- Century Pop
- Disney's Pop Century Resort Orlando, Florida