“Second time around was a winner! ”

Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 4,287 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$15 - US$38
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

After a less than good dining experience I had last time I decided to go back to Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse - Orlando to try them again.

Either I went on a bad day last time or they heeded my advise but our dining experience this time was excellent!

Starting with a Manhattan expertly made and warm bread and butter immediately served to our table by our sweet yet professional server Denise, I had a feeling my opinion of this place was about to change!

My Soup was Stracciatella, but was more like Italian wedding soup married to Stracciatella with tons of shredded chicken, meatballs, escarole, orzo in a great broth! This soup was a soup lovers dream! I’ll be going back just for this soup!

We also had Bruschetta Pomodoro with plenty of chopped tomatoes, basil and provolone cheese on grilled Italian bread with a nice spread of Evo and garlic!! Do I have to share this?

I also craved the Gorgonzola wedge salad ( you had me at gorgonzola❤️) with a huge wedge of lettuce smothered in this decadent blue cheese dressing with tons of diced tomatoes, olives, and red onion!! So good I hated to call this a salad, but a meal!

By this time I knew I was going to have to write a new review since everything so far was perfect! Our entrees came of “One pound” lasagna which was a monster huge portion of the prettiest plated lasagna I have ever seen with a red marinara sauce covering layers of tender pasta with an awesome filling of beef, sausage and ricotta cheese with a dollop of ricotta on top! This lasagna was better then your Nona’s! I could only eat about a 1/4 and packed the rest for my midnight raid!

The other entree was also huge! The Chicken Parmignia was a double portion of huge chicken breasts covered with that same great sauce and provolone cheese! The chicken was tender inside and crispy at the ends! This was served over perfect al dente spaghetti!

We ordered a tartufo to end this feast, which came smothered with fresh whip cream! I ordered my “Millionaires” coffee ( we had a big problem with this last time) but the manager Karen brought me the splendid triple shots in my coffee without flinching and charged me the right price!

I’m very happy with my experience and will be coming back again and again and recommending them as well!

So take my advice, if ever you have a less than good experience dining, send the manager an email stating what the problem was, a good manager will be listening! Then try them again!
Happy New Year Delmonico’s, you deserve these stars!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Write a ReviewReviews (1,563)

Reviewed December 19, 2017

What a great find. The food was awesome. That ribeye special is soooo good. We loved the food and the service. Place was packed. Make reservations. We'll be back.

Reviewed December 17, 2017

It was close to our hotel and it's world famous, so we had to try it. Not disappointing at all! The traditional wedge salad is a favorite of ours and it didn't disappoint - it was very fresh and loaded with tomatoes and bacon and blue cheese. The steak was cooked perfectly, and at 1 1/2#, it was more than the two of us could eat (we usually share everything when we eat dinner out). We ordered sauteed mushrooms to go with the steak and they were freshly made and very tasty. The penne with marinara served on the side was very good, but we simply had no room for it. Service was good, good noise level, cute caricatures on the walls. It was an all-around fun experience.

Reviewed December 16, 2017

We had an early dinner here on a Friday evening. The restaurant was not very crowded. Our waitress was friendly. The menu offers quite a few choices. We had:
- Roma tomatoes and mozzarella – Tomatoes were hard and tasteless. Too heavy on the vinaigrette.
- Chicken Sinatra – Very large portion of chicken. Very salty and heavy on the garlic.
- Filet Portobello – Good sauce and mushrooms, tender meat
- Cappuccino pie – mainly ice cream, crumb crust was very, very thin

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

The food here is excellent. Staff are knowledgeable, polite and friendly plus they serve you quickly. Highly recommended.