“Not a bad choice to stay for a night” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #261 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“Not a bad choice to stay for a night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed at the International Palms for a day with my mom and booked last minute through Priceline, so we got a very good deal on the hotel. We actually weren't expecting much, since we were just trying for 2-2.5 star hotels, so we were actually pleasantly surprised with the appearance of the International Palms.

Check-In: They only had one or two people staff check-in at 4PM on a Saturday, so there was quite a long wait.

Hallways: You can definitely tell it's a little bit of an older building since the hallways smelled a little musty and seemed like they needed to be redone.

Rooms: The rooms were very spacious and seemed to be newly refurnished so it looked very inviting when we came in. The beds were also very comfortable! The air conditioning worked very well, maybe a little too well at times. The bathroom probably could use some updating and there is very low water pressure. We also got put in a bad location, 1st floor right by the door of the D building, so it was very loud. We couldn't keep our drapes open since there were always people walking by outside and we constantly heard the door slam.

Fitness Center: Very minimal. There were two very outdated treadmills, a stepper, and a stationary bicycle. There were also two benches, but no weights to go along with it.

Pool Area: Seems very nice and relaxing. We stayed on the hammocks near the pool the whole time.

Location: Around the hotel, there are many restaurants and activities that you can easily walk to. There are all sorts of buffets, a Buffalo Wild Wings, frozen yogurt, pizza, a steakhouse, and more. There is a minigolf course and mini amusement park with a few rides across the street. There are also a few shows that are within walking distance as well. Just beware if you plan on driving - we had planned on going to a show in the evening near Kissimmee and left half an hour before to get there. Instead, we ended up getting stuck in traffic for 25 min and didn't even get halfway to the highway so we just turned back.

Wifi: There is free wifi everywhere, which was really nice because you could sit outside by the pool and get what you needed to get done online. It was a little shaky and hard to connect to at times though.

Other notes: Be aware that there is also a $7.99/day resort fee that will be charged.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and it met our minimal requirements of just having a decent place to stay for a night.

5 Thank Sophia L
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Sophia,

Thank you for your recent review. We were pleased that you were able to enjoy your visit at International Palms Resort Orlando from Chicago. Our location is ideal to numerous attractions. We don’t intend on becoming a 4 or 5-Star Hotel, so that we can keep the rates attractive, but are delighted that this was an excellent 3-Star hotel stay for you. We look forward to your next trip!

International Palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have never experienced a hotel stay so horrible as in this place.....Dont let the pictures fool you,cause number one,these pics must of been 2 decades ago...But let me tell you a little about my experience,my first night arriving there after searching for a parking space for 15 mins.I finally get the key to my room i would say i got there around 11pm.Tired as i was my family and i are walking towards the tower and on the first level they were having some kind of fish exhibit i guess it was conducted by the drunk man and his buddies that were there obstructing the pathway as we try to get thru with our luggage.Well finally we get up stairs to our door i prepare my key to get inside my room,i insert the key in the door,open the door when out of nowhere there is a 5 year old that jumps out naked from inside my room, i must say it was a awful experience.I quickly close the door,hoping that i dont face any problems with the little girls parents...When suddenly there is so called security guard walking the halls,i told the security of the huge screw up that they had done,so he calls downstairs from his radio and they told him to take me to another room.So im hoping that from this inconvinience they would put me and my family in a nice room and then again it was just A DREAM.....One floor down, and i told the security for him to please open the door to this one, to make sure that nobody jumps out of this one....No nobody jumped out but have you ever been in a room so smelly from smoking and mold and toes and everything else i cant mention here....That caused me another trip downstairs to claim for change of room.WELL after showing the guy at the counter my good side, i finally got another room out of the tower due to my request to see if i can bypass that nasty experience..Finally at 1:30am i was able to settle in to my new room,after carrying my luggage from one end of the property to the other.The following day after coming back from the parks and dinner my kids are half way asleep and they had to stand in front of the door to my hotel room until i walked back down to guest services because they never changed my reservation to that room, so that room still showed as empty and my key wouldnt work, so anyone could of walked in on us since no reservation was done for that room.Well i can keep on all night talking about this horrible experience but i would make it short just by saying that i cut my vacation short and went home a day early...Just coudnt take that place anymore......

Room Tip: book another hotel
4 Thank Juanito P
Dear Juanito,

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the challenges you as a traveler are concerned with. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas. We will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We would be delighted for you to come and earn your trust again.

I welcome you to reach me directly for your next stay, so that we may exceed your expectations.

International palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Irvington, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

hi im from new jersey i just stayed there march 22-25 very nice resort very clean. staff was very pleasant was there on business i would definitely stay again p.s. love the resort pool bar . bartender was a great guy

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank clinton40
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Dear Clinton

Thank you for your review! We are delighted that you were able to enjoy the International Palms Resort Orlando for your recent visit. We will pass your accolades to Imad, the pool bar attendant. It is our associates who we treasure to provide excellent service. When your travels bring you back, we look forward to welcoming you!

We appreciate your business!

Flower Mound, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We spent a week in Florida at 3 different hotels. We called this the "spacious " one. Our room was bigger than the average room which was nice, but it had the feeling of a concrete block room with carpet. Bathroom was old and not spacious at all . Needs an update...
Convenient area, but there were so many other choices of hotels, I wished we had shopped around a little more.
For the price, it was okay.

Room Tip: The towers need an update. Maybe the other buildings are better.
2 Thank texas-fornow-mom
Dear Texas Mom (for now)

Thank you for your recent review! We were delighted you selected International Palms Resort in Orlando as one of your hotels on your trip. We recently changed management companies and are excited to understand what you, the travel, need. We would be delighted for you to stay again and share additional feedback on accolades or areas of improvement.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again!

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

After only reading the reviews AFTER I booked the holiday I was very nervous about what would come of our stay, however I was pleasantly surprised.

OK so I have to admit the rooms are dated and could do with a bit of a revamp but I guess you get what you pay for. And we stayed in the tower across from the car park and it was open so anyone could gain access. So my only suggestion there is a bit more security.

Location I feel is the best aspect of this hotel, literally a stone throw away from everything. Great restaurants my personal favourite Buffalo wild wings Grill & Bar, two minute walk to wet'n'wild and plenty of bars and entertainment.

The I RIDE trolley picks you up right outside the hotel and the free shuttle to the parks that the hotel provide are very handy.

The onsite facilities are also very good, we had breakfast in the restaurant every morning, had dinner and drinks at the bar a few night, bought souvenirs, snacks, drinks and pool stuff in the little shop and the lady who works there is sooo nice and the pool is amazing!!!!

All in all I enjoyed my stay here, looking into booking again in September and I will be returning to this hotel on my next visit for sure and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kwebb08
Dear KWebb

Thank you for your recent review! We were delighted that when your travels brought you to Orlando from Dublin, that you selected International Palms Resort in Orlando. Yes, being within a mile to Universal Studios, our location is ideal. We are also pleased you were able to enjoy the resort’s amenities and that we were able to take excellent care of you. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit in September. Buffalo wild Wings is delicious-my favorite is the Jerk Chicken Sandwich!

Bowie, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed a week with my girlfriend for spring break and wasn't expecting much from 3/20/12 - 3/24/12. I was very underwhelmed by the hotel and probably not return. The biggest let down was the room smelled old and unkept. The toilet kept running all night. We were placed in the towers room on the 7th floor in the corner.

The ice machine was broken on the 7th floor and on 2 different floors and the vending machines on each floor was broken.

The elevators were very unpredictable, once you enter the elevator, it wants to shut on you before you even completely enter. Also, the wait time from pushing 7 to the elevator doors closing was 2 minutes. Needless to say they need to be upgraded and need maintenance. What killed it for us was on the day of checkout, only one elevator was working forcing the entire hotel to crowd one elevator. We had to carry out luggage down 7 flights of stairs.

There are some pros to the International palms resort. The shuttle service we took to Universal was free unlike the previous reviewer, there must have been various choices. All you have to do is request a ticket from the Universal Studios Concierge at the front desk. The shuttle Bus had 3 departure times in the morning and 3 in the evening (they do not run all day).

Also the pool side was to die for. The Hammock was relaxing and pool side bar was reasonable in price. I got the feeling they invest a lot in their outdoor pool area and not enough on the rooms themselves. Overall the Service was exemplary, from the guest services to the bartenders, they all provided great service.

However, this does not make up for the lackluster room and unkept building. Next time we will opt out and spend a little more for a cleaner hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vincent R
Dear Vincent

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback as it always affords us an opportunity to improve, so thank you for your comments.. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the challenges you as a traveler are concerned with. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas. We will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We would be delighted for you to come and earn your trust again.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed at the International Palms from 3/14/12-3/18/12 with my two daughters. We were unable to check in upon arrival because their computers were down. When we were finally able to check in, we walked into a dirty room. Our bathroom had hair and mildew, so I requested a clean room or my money back. We were moved to a cleaner one, but I would say their bathrooms need to be re-done. Overall, the place needs a good cleaning. The safe in the second room was apparently left locked by the previous guests, and even thought I reported it to the front desk, no one ever came to resolve this issue. Breakfast was awful - the worst I've ever had. Even my 10 year-old can make better scrambled eggs! There is actually a charge for shuttle services to the parks, and I cannot understand why they also charge a resort fee...?!

Additionally, I just checked my account and to my surprise, they charged me over $170.00 (for what, I have no clue) even though I had used Expedia and all my charges were pre-paid.

On the positive side, if you are only going to Universal parks or Wet & Wild, this is a great location. Otherwise, traffic is a killer.

This was my first and LAST stay at this hotel, and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

4 Thank Betty S
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Betty

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the views of our guests. When you arrived we were in the process of upgrading our systems to enhance the check-in process and took several hours longer than we anticipated. This also accounts for the embarrassing situation of checking you in to unserviced room. Regarding the $170 additional charge, did you use a debit card instead of a credit card? If so, that would account for the “bank hold”. The funds should be released back to your account within ten business days after check-out, depending on your bank.

I welcome you to reach me directly for your next Staycation, so that we may exceed your expectations.