I stayed at the International Palms for a day with my mom and booked last minute through Priceline, so we got a very good deal on the hotel. We actually weren't expecting much, since we were just trying for 2-2.5 star hotels, so we were actually pleasantly surprised with the appearance of the International Palms.
Check-In: They only had one or two people staff check-in at 4PM on a Saturday, so there was quite a long wait.
Hallways: You can definitely tell it's a little bit of an older building since the hallways smelled a little musty and seemed like they needed to be redone.
Rooms: The rooms were very spacious and seemed to be newly refurnished so it looked very inviting when we came in. The beds were also very comfortable! The air conditioning worked very well, maybe a little too well at times. The bathroom probably could use some updating and there is very low water pressure. We also got put in a bad location, 1st floor right by the door of the D building, so it was very loud. We couldn't keep our drapes open since there were always people walking by outside and we constantly heard the door slam.
Fitness Center: Very minimal. There were two very outdated treadmills, a stepper, and a stationary bicycle. There were also two benches, but no weights to go along with it.
Pool Area: Seems very nice and relaxing. We stayed on the hammocks near the pool the whole time.
Location: Around the hotel, there are many restaurants and activities that you can easily walk to. There are all sorts of buffets, a Buffalo Wild Wings, frozen yogurt, pizza, a steakhouse, and more. There is a minigolf course and mini amusement park with a few rides across the street. There are also a few shows that are within walking distance as well. Just beware if you plan on driving - we had planned on going to a show in the evening near Kissimmee and left half an hour before to get there. Instead, we ended up getting stuck in traffic for 25 min and didn't even get halfway to the highway so we just turned back.
Wifi: There is free wifi everywhere, which was really nice because you could sit outside by the pool and get what you needed to get done online. It was a little shaky and hard to connect to at times though.
Other notes: Be aware that there is also a $7.99/day resort fee that will be charged.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and it met our minimal requirements of just having a decent place to stay for a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity and Reservation Counter so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando, Florida