Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Ranked #74 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Nice hotel, it would have been nice to be able to pre-order breakfast after the first day. I didnt get any menus after the first day

Reviewed 17 August 2012

This was a week end get away and it was all that and then some. Cant wait to return to this location. What a good job they have done with the rooms and guest areas

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback, Lawrence! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,

Robyn Jacobs

Reviewed 17 August 2012

The room was adequate for our needs although the bathroom was a bit small. There were 4 of us sharing a room for 2 nights and there was only enough shampoo/conditioner for one night, so we had to ask for extra. Also, it would have been nice if the bottled water was replaced on the second day. We are used to getting an all-in price in Ireland, so it was a bit of a shock to have all the extras added on, (obviously tax, we know about), but car parking per day was extra plus tax, also extra charges for resort fees plus tax, occupancy fee plus tax, so our original 'deal' didn't seem to be such great value in the end. Room service for 2 hot chocolates and 3 cookies was $31.58!.. and we gave a tip!! (not realising that room service charge was already billed) The food in the restaurant was very nice, both for breakfast and evening meal. Staff in restaurant were very friendly and attentive. Not pleased that check-in was 4pm and check-out 11am. We arrived at 2pm after a 4 hour drive and our room was not ready. Check in/out times are more flexible in Ireland.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2012

great hotel, fantastic location, awesome service. I travel to Orlando on business a few times a year and I am so pleased with the service and location here that i have recommended it to a few people.

A TripAdvisor Member
HOLLISTER
Reviewed 17 August 2012

The property and location were fantastic! Great couples or family setting, you really don't need to leave the property!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel, overall it is a beautiful place, and the ammenities are fabulus. The rooms are a bit small, and pretty generic. I did have a bad experience after checking in, I was let into a room by one of the staff members when I told him that my card was not working. Then 3 hours later, after we unpacked, settled in, and were wating for him to bring back our key cards so we could go eat, some egineers showed up with a bell hop, and a cart and said they had made a mistake, we were in the wrong room!!! they made us pack up and moved us to another room that was very inferior. I have never been so humiliated in all my life, nor has that ever happened to me. My kids were crying and upset as well, and we were starving!! I aked to speak to the manager, and it was the same person that let us into the room!!! How could somebody be so incompetent, and heartless. I ended up leaving some stuff behind in that room, wich we never did get back. This really happend...unbelievable!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Stayed in the Wyndham for 12 nights in August and got the room I had requested unlike my previous visit when they advised me I had not booked a room with a balcony even though I know I did. When you book through the Wyndham website the room type does not show on you reservation confirmation so this time I added a comment regarding the requested room type.

Pool is great for young children with walk in area and not too deep. Pool entertainment was good and my 5 year old loved it. They could do with more sun umbrellas - I had to get a cabana on a couple of occasions as all sunbeds with umbrellas were taken.

Room was nice although bathroom is small and balcony overlooked pool and could see Epcot fireworks.

Housekeeping was terrible - towels appeared in short supply as very rarely did we have a full set of bath, hand and facecloth. On one occasion we had been left only 2 bath towels for 4 of us and when I phoned to get some more as we were all wanting a shower before going out for dinner I had to phone a second time 40 mins later to see where they were. No apology just said we will see what we can do and seemed perturbed that I had the audacity to ask when they would be sent up (it was after 6pm after all). Room was not hoovered during our stay and toilet tissue seemed also in short supply. Again I had to phone on 2 separate occasions asking for some.

Rooms were rarely cleaned before 4.30pm and on several occasions after 5pm - I could understand if they gave them a good clean but they didn't.

Asked for our sheets to be changed one day as my daughter has spilled juice - they changed just one of the beds and moved the dirty duvet cover from one bed to the other.

This is a good hotel if they could get housekeeping sorted. Not worth the extra for valet parking as the garage is right next door to the hotel with a connecting door straight into the hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

First, thank you very much for staying with us again! I am so sorry that portions of your visit were tarnished by your guestroom housekeeping experience. I will be meeting with our Director of Housekeeping to advise her of the feedback you provided so that we can take steps to correct these kinds of errors. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention and we hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,