“Great Experience, despite first impression” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall
Ranked #170 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Experience, despite first impression”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I was very skeptical when I saw that the rates for this hotel were in the $50-range/night. I had researched other hotels in the area and noticed a large price discrepancy, especially being that it is so close to Walt Disney World. I have very high standards for hotels, being that my family always goes with Hilton-brand hotels and has very high standards. I decided to book it since it was just my boyfriend and I on college spring break and we were under a budget. We arrived at 11am and check-in begins at 3pm. The staff was nice enough to let us check-in early (at noon) and even called our cell phone when the room was ready to come back! The decor inside the lobby is a bit 90's, but it's not like that was a big deal. The food was wonderful, as Hampton's always are! My boyfriend who has never stayed at a Hampton admitted that he really liked staying at the various Hampton's we stayed at during our trip because "they were so clean!" I thought the hotel was clean and was worth well more than the $59 we paid per night! Don't get thrown off because we were on college spring break, there were no spring-breakers there besides us! It was mostly families with small children that we saw. The pool was very nice! The hotel is right off of the main road and I thought the pool might be loud. However, it was totally inclosed in a court-yard and had palm trees surrounding it!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed here May 2011, I liked everything about the hotel BUT... my car got broken into in the parking lot, it was locked.
My camera and gps where stolen from the rental car I had and the hotel staff did absolutely nothing about it... They took no responsability on the incident...

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed herr with my family last night and now we are in a different place thank God! I am itching as I type!! First, you walk in and besides looking quite ugly on the inside, it smells terrible.. Like nasty arm pit. Then we walk down 2 very long halls to our room which is hot. They did not have carts to help us with our luggage. Inside the hotel room looks just fine. Nice furniture and there's a note saying that the sheets and duvets are washed each time someone new stays. Comforting. We went ahead And went to sleep because we arrived Around 10pm. The next morning we went strait to breakfast which was not bad. Big variety. We went back to the room, started packing up to check out at 11. The floors were so filthy my daughter and I had black feet. I did not put my 10 month old down on this floor it was so disgusting. The whole place had a horrible stink. And I was So happy to get out. I only went there because the reviews on here seemed great! The people leaving good reviews for the place must have very low standards. My head is it itching now and in praying we didn't catch any bed bugs. I would advise anyone to stay away from this hotel!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Brooke8957
Blaine, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We only stayed two nights, while the kids spent a day at Universal Studios. We had a two room suite, purchased on booking.com and the beds were great. Wonderful to have two bathrooms and two t.v.s for 5 people. The walkout patio doors to the pool area made us really appreciate that we were in Florida. I highly recommend this...the price is AMAZING for what you get!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

This hotel is located in an okay location. It is right next to the mall which is nice. The hotel itself is outdated- the rooms are okay. There was a cockroach in my bathroom- which housekeeping came and tried to find- but it got away. I personally would not stay in this hotel again. Not worth the money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night before we flew home and found it a good location.(15 mins from MCO) There's a gas station just up the street that's handy when filling up the rental car before returning it.
My only complaint is the fact there's only one elevator which is quite close to the front of the building. Our room was upstairs at the rear and it's quite a hike with wheeled luggage on carpeted floors. There's an entrance at the rear but it's poorly signed and involves using the stairs to reach the 2nd floor. The breakfast was quite good but no meat the morning we were there.

Room Tip: Ensure you ask for a room near the front of the hotel if you are given a room on the second floor!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank niloc-7
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed 5 night with family in Orlando in February 2012, the first two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista, and the last 3 nights at the Hampton Inn. We did the mandatory visits to DisneyWorld, SeaWorld, and the Kennedy Space Center, but not Universal Studios. I paid the same for 1 night at the Hilton as I paid for 3 nights at the Hampton Inn.

The Hampton Inn is just 2 storeys, it has a courtyard, and has a bit of a motel-feel to it. It doesn't look too attractive from the outside, but once we came up to our room on the 2nd floor, my wife expressed "This is as nice as the Hilton!" and I agreed. We had a room away from the two main roads, it was quiet, roomy, clean, and in a good condition. We didn't use the A/C because of time of year of travel. There was a newer flatscreen LG TV with a responsive remote with a good selection of channels. There was a quiet mini-fridge; it was unplugged when we came and I had to reach in behind it to plug it in; I appreciated it being unplugged to save energy, but wish it was easier to plug in. I unplugged it again before checking out. Wireless internet was free, fast and reliable. There was good space in the parking lot and we could park just next to the entrance. Parking was free as well.

I first hesitated about the location, but soon loved it. It's right off Highway 528 that goes to the airport and the Kennedy Space Center, and to SeaWorld and International Drive in the opposite direction. It's also just off Turnpike that takes you to Universal. Ironically, we spent less time driving to DisneyWorld from Hampton than it took us with the Shuttle from Disney Downtown Hilton. The Hampton Inn was easy and convenient to get to and from.

Check-in and out was quick. The staff is courteous.

It is nothing fancy or upscale, but it was exceptional good value for what we paid. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from main road.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family