“Micky Mouse Waffles”

Ranked #10 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Chester
“Micky Mouse Waffles”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

A nice comfortable hotel convenienty located for restaurants and a discount shopping mall. Breakfast is included and for us it was ideally positioned for the I4 and a quick getaway after a relaxing first night after a long flight from the UK.

My only disappointment was the cold hot tub and pool.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MiminTrent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Convenient, clean and customer-oriented staff. Great job by the counter person Elizabeth and the other two young ladies and special kudos to the breakfast server from Brazil named Emmanuela who was especially friendly and spoke English very well. This hotel is a definite keeper and we plan on staying there for our next visit to Orlando with our three kids. Price-value: good, hotel staff (counter, breakfast, maid and plant person from Nicaragua) fantastic. Good people like the team at this hotel make the difference.

Room Tip: Book early! We requesteda a pack-and-play for our 18-month old and they had one!
1 Thank Jose P
davis,CA
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This may be the best value in all of Orlando. It is very reasonably priced for all that is provided. The room was nicely furnished, with a very comfortable bed, good pillows, a microwave, mini refrigerator and free wi-fi. The desk staff were friendly, professional and very helpful with our questions. The hotel provides a free shuttle to Epcot (2 morning departures, 2 evening returns), and has a workout room and swimming pool. The complimentary continental breakfast has great variety, including oatmeal (with raisins, sliced almonds, brown sugar, honey toppings available), bagels, English muffins, fresh fruit, waffles, etc. It's a pleasant 10-15 minute walk to a low-key shopping center with a small grocery store and several restaurants/cafes, including a good locally-owned Italian restaurant. The hotel also offers complimentary baked cookies in the evening. Our only recommendation is that recycling containers be provided in the breakfast area. We'll stay here again the next time we're in Orlando.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank waterbugdavis
Jonas B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Our hotel amenities make Hampton Inn a true value. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I ‘m also excited to let you know that we have upgraded our complimentary Disney shuttle services to include scheduled direct trips to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, along with Epcot. This is in line with our effort to go the extra mile in making your visit as convenient and as comfortable as possible. Thank you for your recommendation on the recycling containers. See you again soon!
Omaha, NE
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This hotel is nice and I would definitely stay here again. Great value for the area. I thought that the carpet needed cleaning and didn't really like walking on it with no shoes. Other parts of the room showed signs of wear. I would say it's time to paint and replace the carpet. The bathtub did not drain properly. At the end of a shower, I was standing in several inches of water. The bed was fine; room was very quiet.

The breakfast was marginally up to Hampton Inn standards. My last day there I had to leave by 6:30 for a flight, so went down for breakfast about 6:10. There were no scrambled eggs out yet and they weren't put out until 6:25 or so. Another day there had been bacon, but it was all gone and never replaced while I was there eating. I look forward to a treat of having a donut when staying at Hampton Inn, but this one didn't have them. They did have a nice selection of muffins, bread, and some bagels, however.

Overall, it was a nice stay, but just not quite up to the standards I associate with Hampton Inn. At that, it would still be my choice if going back to Orlando.

Note that the traffic between the interstate and the hotel is horrid.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bobnsally
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Inexpensive, excellent staff and service. No suites available, but rooms are nice and well kept.
Staff goes out of their way to make your time enjoyable.

2 Thank brainydr
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Great staff and location. I will definitely return again.

2 Thank Kimberly W
Grand Rapids
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This was a return visit to this hotel. I must say I thought the service was even better than last time. I had a hair dryer get redhot, smoke and burn out my 1st morning. I called the desk and my hair did not have time to dry before a new one was installed. The main concern was for my safety-that I was OK. The front desk personnel were nothing short of awesome for my entire stay. My only "complaint" is this hotel does seem to cater to bus tour groups on occasion causing the breakfast area to be overrun with young people some mornings. My room was away from the group and I had no issues with too much noise etc. A very pleasant stay and I would definitely stay here again. Quite close to WDW downtown Disney area but about a mile off the main drag road so it is in a quiet area. Recommended without hesitation!

• Stayed March 2012