4,391 results
All reviews sea world full kitchen time share bonefish grill one bedroom suite activity center washer dryer ping pong screened in porch pools and hot tubs pool area international drive sales pitch main pool timeshare presentation parking pass parc soleil
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We were a party of seven 4 adults and three children and booked with our Hilton timeshare points.
We booked well in advance and booked the 3 bedroom plus (the penthouse as they call it.) Well it certainly lives up to that name - The accommodation was fantastic - huge, newly refurbished and did I say Huge!! Everything was spot on and I have to say worth every extra point that we spent for the "plus" or penthouse. Kitchen was very well equipped, Tvs and bathrooms everywhere and the bedrooms were a fabulous size.
The common area facilities were also extensive... being Orlando you don't trully appreciate them as there is too much else to do but there is chess board, ping pong, playground..pools etc.. PLenty to keep the children busy on a late afternoon chill session.
One of things that impressed us the most was the level of service. On the second night my hubbie slipped when entering the code for the safe - so when he went to open it he could not get it to open. It was totally our fault. At 7am we called reception because our wallets and theme park tickets were inside and by 7.10am there were two men there to open it for us.
We also had an a?c problem in the lockoff third bedroom on day 4 which when they could not get fixed by the end of the day, they removed a window and installed a portable unit, no quibble - which although noisey did the job. They did offer to move us but we refused so they swiftly installed the portable A/C unit - amazing.
I have to say we have rarely used Hilton points at Hilton before because the locations are not always confenient so we excahnge for RCI, but I have to say I can now see why the hilton is more expensive. It is a fabulous product.... for an apartment. I say this because people write these reviews for timeshare as if expecting a hotel!! These are not hotels they are apartament buildings with add ons!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Lots of things to do for everyone! The trolley stops right in front which was very convenient.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I sometimes wonder how I manage to see things so differently to other reviewers.. on returning and looking at the review from beginning of August (when we stayed), I can't believe people have such a different opinion. Maybe we were just very lucky with rooms etc? Yes it was slightly noisy but its a big site and obviously has activities etc for kids so is going to get families.

Anyway, we stayed here 4 nights at the beginning of August 2010. We arrived early and were able to check in (about 1pm, check-in is at 4). We were given a room in Paget. Had requested to not face the pool due to noise and had a room overlooking a golf course, very nice. Close to the private pool as well which we used a lot during our stay.

We had a 1 bedroom suite. Lovely! Didn't notice any problems with decor/appliances. Sometimes wifi signal dropped out, usually fine. Though the suite was really big, bed lovely and comfortable, jacuzzi bath fantastic! Balcony a great size and everything we could have needed. Didn't get woken from noise at all, couldn't hear kids or pool or anything. We read we wouldn't get maid service, which was fine, and then found we did. Maid had been in every day and put dishwasher on/replaced towels etc. Bonus!

It was a short walk to the main centre but nothing awful and you could cut through past the small pool etc. We ate at the bar/grill one night which was nice. Didn't really use any other services apart from the smaller pool - lovely - and the shop - expensive but useful to have. And pizza takeaway service - good. We didn't even have any of the timeshare calls we were expecting.

Overall very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Overall, my girlfriend and I were very happy with this hotel.

Our room came with a fridge, toaster, bowls, sink, bed, balcony and sofa. We got a good rate throuugh Expedia, and due to the recommendation from this site (always use it) we went for it. We were not disappointed.

It was clean, quiet and all our needs (not that we're fussy) were catered for. We stayed for 8 nights, on a bit of a theme park mission. It's excellently located for getting to Seaworld - leave the car at the hotel. They have regular people patrolling from what I saw, and it's gated. Not that it really needs to be, the area is great. If you're expecting to be able to walk to a load of restaurants and bars, this probably isn't the place for you, though - not that it bothered us, there are much cheaper places for English people to go for a drink/sun holiday!

It's also about a 2 minute drive from Discovery Cove, depending on the one or two lights you'll encounter. Parking there is free, so don't even think about walking it - especially if it's hot! Save your energy!

As for general amenities, the hotel has a gym that I used a few times with a few running machines, 2 weights benches (dumbells), an exercise bike and a few other general machines. Good enough to keep you in check on vacation.This is open until 11pm - perhaps it would have been nice to be open a little later, as you'd probably still be out in Orlando at that time, especially if the theme parks close late as they do in high season.

The hotel also has two decent pools and lots of loungers, a shop that's open until 11, featuring a pizza hut takeout desk (they also deliver, quite handy on your first night), a restaurant by the pool (we ate there once, food was decent), a couple of shuffleboard courts, an outdoor table tennis table and a pool table, free to use. They also have some sort of track surrounding the hotel lake for running, but as I had just broken my foot a month beforehand I didn't get to use this.

You park for free at the hotel, no matter what room you buy. Some websites don't list it as free for all rooms, but it is. We stayed in the Turner building and had no trouble whatsoever finding a space, even when we returned late.

One word of warning - the Expedia concierge desk added a charge on to our Disney tickets. We couldn't buy them direct from Disney online (redirected to a site wanting you to buy £220 ticket valid for 14 days - no thanks!) so we were going to wait and buy them at the park. Conscious that the lines may be long, we decided to get them early. We ended up paying about $20 over the odds for two tickets. Would have been better had the guy just told us we would be better off buying them at the park, but you live and learn. They did seem to help other people, for example they got the couple in front of us into a pretty booked up show with cheaper tickets. I guess it just depends what you want to use the desk for. Sometimes, there's also a bit of a wait...seemed like each of the two people at this desk could only book certain tickets for certain things. In all, it's decent that they have this facility, and that you can pick tickets up before getting to the parks, but it'd have been nice if they were honest and just told us to wait.

As far as getting to the other parks goes, it's easy. We used a combination of Sat Nav on my Nokia phone and the directions sheet they give out at the front desk to find them. It couldn't be much easier to get to the parks if you're driving, the freeway entrance is about 2 mins from the hotel and hard to go wrong. For Disney, you just head up the ramp for Tampa, and follow the signs. It's easy as pie. For Universal, it's a different route but no more challenging.

Florida is usually the first place many English people go in America, but it's one of the last touristy places we've hit, mainly due to the cost of motoring if you're under 25. You really DO need a car here, I wouldn't consider using public transport. With all the hassle of theme parks, the last thing you want to do is add to it by waiting around for buses, especially with the humidity.

They did have an activity center, but we were never around to use it. All in all, this place is a fantastic base for exploring Orlando, and if you want to just spend a day chilling by the pool, this place will cater for you. Probably wouldn't recommend it if that's all you wanted to do (there are better places to go if you just want to chill - Marco Island for one), but for hitting the parks, I give this place two thumbs up.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank metalliam
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Upon arrival, the staff here was very accommodating. We arrived at 12:00 and despite the fact that check in was not until 4:00, we were given our rooms. Not only was the room ready, but we had a choice as to where we'd like to stay. We chose the Paget building because if accessibility to the private pool and the view. Although we traveled with kids (15, 2) we didn't want to be bothered with the noisiness of the main building. We wanted to have a bit if relaxation while we were there as well.

The main reason we chose this place was because of the "resort" like feel we thought it would have and it did. The main building had plenty of activities taking place all day. There was a restaurant and a "convenience" store. Plenty to do on days when we didn't plan on going to parks. Although thy wasn't the case for us. We didn't enjoy the main building until the last day. But it was karaoke night so that was good (and funny too).

The room met my expectations. The teenager had the pull out bed, which she found to be comfortable and the king was large enough for me, my husband and the baby. The TVs could have been newer, but we were rarely there to watch it. The kitchen had fairly new accessories (pots, bowls, utensils, etc.) and a dishwasher. The unit has a washer and dryer as well. It was nice to go back home with clean clothes (one less thing to do when I got back home). We went to the local walmart and did some shopping for food (cut down on eating out) and house items like laundry detergent, as the pack they provided was small (I only use Tide anyway).

Out rooms were serviced each day with made up beds and clean towels; however, they didn't change the bed linens at all.

I would say that we had a near perfect stay here until we woe up out last morning to find a ridiculously large cockroach in the shower! I'd seen one outside the room earlier, but in our shower! We called maintainance and they came over to remove it.

I would consider returning here again and pray that the bug situation doesn't repeat itself.

By the way, when you stay at the buildings farthest away from the main building, call the front desk for a golf cart to pick you up. They typically came immediately. That way you wont have to drive your car.

• Stayed: August 2010