Marriott's Harbour Lake
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1,923 results
All reviewspirate shipmini golfping pongsea worldputt putt coursemarriott vacationfull kitchensplash padwater slideswasher and dryerbig slidefamily resortplanned activitiesbedroom villadaily activitiessundaetime share
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We chose to stay at Marriott's Harbour Lake because of access to the parks, great fun pool area and spacious accomodations beyond the typical hotel room. Glad we did. We stayed a few years ago at Marriott Grande Vista which was fine, but less kid-centric. Harbour Lake has two pools, each filled with fun splah pad, big water buckets and a great pool slide that was even fun for adults. Pool water was a nice pleasant warm temp. There is also a mini golf course that is beyond what you typically find at a resort, very much on par (no pun intended) with typcial mini golf courses along roads in resort communities. Very clean, typically comfortable Marriott beds and trendy decor. Starbucks brewed on property (although doesn't open until 8:30am?) Scavenger hunts, terrific firepit, basketball court, fooseball, pingpong all outside under a pergola. Happy to recommend and we will definitely stay here again. Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Stayed in room overlooking pool area with large splash buckets on 5th floor which was fun, but not noisy. Each unit has a screened porch with table and chairs with ceiling fan-great vantage point to enjoy the goings on.
5  Thank massmom5966
Reviewed December 11, 2011

This is by far one of the best Time Share Hotel Chain vacation rentals in Orlando. We stay here every time we visit Orlando, usually once or twice a year!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I highly recommend this facility. I concur with all of the wonderful comments about the staff & facility, so I won't repeat them, but add some other comments.

Cost - This is our third trip to the Orlando area in the 10 years. The first two times were at a Disney property; the Yacht club. I think it is important to experience Disney World from a property on Disney site – Once! That being said, I think I spent more money staying at the Yacht club for a week then our 10-day trip to Italy! The cost of the hotel plus food, plus sacks, plus + $$$ - Expensive!
Harbour Lake, like all Marriott Vacation properties, are large and come with a full kitchen, internet & plenty of room. For this trip we traded a week we have at another location for Harbour Lake so it's almost like it was free! (Almost free, until I get the $1,000 maintenance bill for my own unit realizing that it's not so free.)

Our two boys are older and my wife and I are not that interested in visiting the various parks again so Marriott's Harbour Lake was perfect. Each morning I dropped our boys off at the various parks. (They all have convenient drop off areas.) My wife & I enjoyed the hotel then returned to pick up the boys, sometimes staying at Downtown Disney or Universal City Walk for dinner or a movie and sometimes heading back to the hotel. It was all very nice & relaxing.

The facility is approximately half way between Universal & Disney. There are nearby stores including Wal-Mart super stores and Costco for food & drink.

Location - All of the rooms are very nice. As with all of the Marriott Vacation properties, some locations are better than others. I prefer a higher room that offers more openness. Building 12 & 13 & 14 offer the best lake views, which is my favorite. Building 15 also has a nice lake view but is close to the very busy & noisy Hwy 4. Frankly, I would not fuss over the room location too much. They are all nice and unless you plan to hole up in your room the entire time, location is not that critical.

My favorite location to hang out on the dock, on the lake during sunset - Fantastic!

You will enjoy Marriott's Harbour Lake.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We stayed at Harbour Lake the first week of November. This was our 3rd time staying here and once again we loved it! Harbour Lake has so much to offer families that in fact our kids wanted to stay at the Resort instead of going to any of the Parks including Disney. The activities they have all day long for the kids are great and the activity staff are great to the kids. The Resort is very clean and the rooms are large and most have been renovated.
The staff are all so friendly and very helpful and will go out of their way to assist. There is so much to do at this Resort that you do not need to go anywhere else but if you want to Disney is only 10 minutes away, Seaworld 5 minutes and Cocoa Beach 45 minutes. We have already booked for next year!

2  Thank GBC11
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I'm a big Marriott fan, and we stay in Marriott's whenever possible. This is a very nice property in the heart of Orlando. It's unique primarily because of the two pool areas with a variety of activities associated with them (kiddie pool, water slide, fountains, etc.), bball court, mini-golf and a nice open grassy area for any outdoor activities. It also has a couple of bar/snack bar areas for easy access, and the main eating area also serves a good menu as well as Starbucks coffee.

In typical Marriott fashion, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the location is nice in that it's 2 minutes from Sea World and only 10 mins max to the other parks. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit, which is a lot of space for a family of 4.

Here's a few details about the property that you might not get elsewhere. As I always say in these reviews, these are really just designed to inform you as a reader, not meant as a complaint. For some, these details will matter a lot, while for others they may not matter much.

1. The Starbucks place opens at 7:30am. This seems late to me for those of us who get up early.
2. The hotel is not too far from Highway 4, and while the noise isn't much of an issue at all, it is very visible from the property. If being near a highway in full view matters to you, maybe ask for a room as far back as possible (keeping in mind that none of the rooms are too close to the highway at all....just visible and noticeable as part of your view).
3. Oddly, some of the sorrounding grounds on this property wasn't landscaped when we were there in Nov of 2011. Not a huge deal to be sure, but very surprising for a Marriott Property. There were a few areas that were just open dirt areas just off parking lots, etc., which seemed out of place. It made me feel like they just dropped the resort down on the open land and decided not to landscape the entire area. To be fair, they may be planning to complete this, or maybe they don't own the land and have no control (if this is the case I'd at least plant trees to hide it).
4. I found it interesting, and yes a little bit strange, that all of the buildings on this property only had one entrance (rather than a front and back entrance, or side entrance too). I understand this isn't necessarily unique, but it did seem very odd to have to come out of a building in what is considered the front, only to have to then walk all the way around the building to get to the back (where the pool area is for example, and is really the front area). I imagine this isn't a problem in all buildings, but at least in building #28 where we stayed it was notable. It's possible that they opted not to include a second way out so as to provide more room space in the building, but I think it was a mistake not to make it easier to get in/out more conveniently.

Room Tip: when you book your room, it will probably be helpful to know what you'd like to be closest too. There are two pool areas, one geared more towards younger kids (the one with the ship that sprays water) and the other pool area for older kids. If you want your balcony to look out over one of them, specify that for example. The key I think is to talk with the hotel to investigate options rather than book online only....if this matters to you.
2  Thank Opinionsareus