La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area
Ranked #218 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We have stayed at some nice La Quintas. This is not one of them. I haven't been this grossed out by a hotel in a long time. The remote had bits of pizza (I hope) on it, the bedspread was visibly dirty, the A/C had broken/missing slats, and there was hair stuck to the side of the shower. If you doubt it, see my photos. I wouldn't stay here again if they paid me.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here.
1  Thank Ken S
LQ0992, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

I’ve received your review of La Quinta Orlando - Universal Studios. Looks like we dropped the ball on meeting your expectations.

I appreciate your feedback; this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! Your feedback will help us improve our operation.

Rest assured your comments will be shared with our team, and it’s through comments such as yours that we’re able to improve. Thanks again for your time, and hope we’ll see you back with us at La Quinta Inn once again.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Stayed here two nights in October 2017 going to Halloween Horror Nights and the Universal Parks. Didn't do the breakfast so no comment on that, but last year it was just ok. Friendly staff, comfortable beds. Room and bathroom clean. A little difficulty in parking because of work next door.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0992, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience at La Quinta Orlando - Universal Studios. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn are our top priorities. I look forward to showing you that we’re working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

Thanks again for your time, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

There was a lady that opened back up the breakfast for me even though I was clearly late. Great service. N room was ok, didn’t like having to go to another building. Very convenient to Universal studios

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0992, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Thanks for your feedback! I’m pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at Orlando - Universal Studios La Quinta. Our team looks forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

It’s our commitment to serve our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations. We’ll see you soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Overall a good stay , The construction of freeways ramps around I 4 and kirkman is a bit confusing but ive been here before so i know my way around.Rooms were in good condition, bathroom toilet this trip was rusted from something but that was only issue with room.Nice clean room . Location is close to restaurants mcdonalds,golden corral, starbucks all within a 5 minute drive.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0992, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Reviewed 5 October 2017

The Hotel's under construction at the time of review (Oct 2017) During the day there was some noise but nothing that would be called disruptive. This location has two buildings so staying in the main building is probably optimal. I stayed in the second building and the room itself was complete and meets the La Quinta standard. Room was clean and arranged as normal. Internet access is easy with no jumping through hoops. Was a bit slow but I was in between travelling so it worked for the night I stayed. Staff was nice and efficient getting me checked in and checked out. Overall good accommodation and La Quinta rewards makes staying at La Quinta consistently pay off in the long run.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0992, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Proximity to Universal Studios is the main draw to this hotel, as well as it being pet-friendly. Check-in was easy and swift, the room was clean, although there was a particular smell that lingered, of mildew, and we felt as though the room needed airing out.

The poor service rating is due to the breakfast attendant who was quite brusk and rude in her treatment of the guests, barking orders to patrons without any basic manners. Her attitude is not suited for a position that requires interaction with the public, especially with the $135 rate we paid. We will be returning in January all the same, because despite that we really do enjoy our stays at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0992, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thanks again for your time, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My stay could have been better. Brekfast was poor selection and quality wise. We had poor security, there was a homeless person sleeping in our lobby for 2 nights. There was construction going on and they started early in the morning. Not what you want on a vacation. We had an employee enter our room with a do not disturb sign on the door.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family