1,886 results
All reviews mini golf turtle pool time share winn dixie cypress point full kitchen one bedroom unit mini mart washer and dryer pools and hot tubs welcome package convenience store twin beds sales pitch separate shower huge bathroom living room
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We got a coupon for this hotel, so it only cost us about $100 for three nights. We would definitely stay there again for that price.

Pros: clean, comfortable, and safe, with plenty of space to spread out. As long as you don't mind a little $$ getting to and from the airport, you don't really need to rent a car. There is a shuttle that will take you to all the parks for $11-$12 per person round trip (you have to call to reserve it). This was still cheaper than renting a car for us. There are restaurants and a Wal-greens within walking distance. There is a small shop that carries plenty of toiletries and some groceries. They also make fairly decent and quick hot food (sandwiches, pizza, etc.). We ate there for breakfast every morning for under $5. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was huge. We availed ourselves of the deep-soak tub every night! It was very clean when we got there, although remember that there is no maid service while you are there. Supposedly they switch you towels every other day, but this didn't actually happen.

Cons: This is a time share, although it doubles as a hotel. If you ask for help at the concierge desk, they will also pressure you to attend one of those time share seminars. They offered us "great deals" on park tickets if we attended a seminar, but the supposed price of the tickets that they told us was WAY inflated, so it wouldn't actually have been that much of a discount. But, all you have to say is "no"; there is no obligation to listen to a sales pitch. The location is a little far from the parks, but not too bad. I know a lot of hotels offer a free shuttle and that would have been nice, but the hired shuttle isn't too bad.

For the price we got, we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 418ALP418
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Not this is now separate from Cypress Pointe itself and owned by Diamond Resorts. However you still check in at the Resort as they are still building the centre at the villas.

The villas are around a dual pool area, try and get a unit overlooking the pool rather than the parking lot. We had a one bedroom unit which was fine for 2, but any more than that you need a 2 bed unit. The bedroom and bathroom are large (the latter really large) but the kitchen/ living area is really small and I imagine if you pulled out the sofa to be a bed it would be close to claustrophobic!! Also the balcony is really small and set back into the building so not much of a view!

The pool areas are fine, although the karoake on Thursdays does go on too late. Families will nee the 2 or 3 bedroom units, couples are fine with the on bedroom.

Convenient to Disney and restaurants, but be warned the traffic in the area is really heavy in the mornings.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank DaveE45
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Our family has been staying at this resort each March for 10 years. We love it. It is now Newley renovated. It has everything you need including three super large WELL heated pools. We have stayed in many different places in the Orlando area. This is our favorite.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Cgavy
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I thought for the price that this resort would be "cheap and dirty" but I found the opposite. The pool areas were clean, the rooms were very tidy and comfortable, and the service good. And it was right across the street from nearby Downtown Disney, but it cost me a fraction of what it would have if I stayed at one of those larger brand-name hotels. Very family friendly too. Internet cost a small amount, but I had a wireless card from my company so I did not have to pay. Kitchen stocked with appliances and all you need to cook. A little noisey at night with the kiddies. I would go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank DrBillH
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I think this is the older section that some have reported is bad. Our unit looked very well cared for especially inside. It looks like they probably just repainted it. The outside has been fixed up and painted from last time I was here.

Overall, I am very pleased. It is exceptionally clean, has everything you need including washer, dryer and dishwasher. The unit had dishwasher and washing machine soap.

If you look really close you may see some wear on cupboards but I consider myself pretty fussy and none of the wear bothered me.

They have big flat screen tv in the living area and a fairly large flat screen in the bedroom. The 2nd bedroom had a tube-style tv.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family