“Great baked pork, and of course rice and beans”

Rice and Beans Cocina Latina Waterford Lakes
Ranked #1,015 of 4,285 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed May 1, 2017

The food here is great! This is the only area restaurant where my son can eat, he is allergic to seafood, peanuts and corn oil, just to name a few. He is not allergic to this food and trusts the way they prepare their food. He eats here all the time and has never had a bad reaction, they prepare all their food without contaminating any of it. Our favorite here is the baked pork dinner, three possible kinds of rice available; we get white rice cooked with black beans, (cardamon in the rice is a no-no); plantains; baked pork; with a side portion of black beans--this dinner is $8.95. Their flan is good, but at $3 a bit pricey. People without allergies will really love this place, we can not eat ir bring anything our son is allergic to into the house. I ordered two dinners tonight and took them home.

Reviewed December 13, 2016 via mobile

I was told that Cuban food did not have much flavor boy were they wrong this meal was out of this world !!!! The wait staff was very friendly and helpful with understanding the menu I had a great meal and the price was right

Reviewed November 11, 2016

We visited the Winter Park location on Aloma Ave. Decent menu selection, plenty of choices from snacks to full dinners. Well presented cafeteria style lets you see all the selections. Friendly staff and reasonable prices make this a good choice for Cuban food in the Winter Park area. The Winter Park location have both inside and outside seating.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

So upset that the hunters creek location closed. I've been to many south/Central American restaurants, like black bean burger and Tropico mofongo and everything else is tasteless compared to rice and beans. I always get the stewed chicken, and plantains. When I'm feeling daring I'll get more than one type of rice and black and red beans. So flavorful. Aren't rice and black beans a Cuban thing? This Dominican style is so delicious. Their mango juice is amazing as well. No milk needed. Empanadas and other sides are good, but at that point I'm looking at leftover; and I never have leftovers. I, somehow, always finish my plate; no matter how much pain and bloating I may suffer from. It's worth it. So good!

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Flavor was great, delicious Dominican soup for very low price! Service was excellent. We were sitting outside because we had a puppy, waiter even brought out a plastic bowl for him. Will be back!!