“Best deal in town”

Yaya's Cuban Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #49 of 79 Bakeries in Orlando
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed August 29, 2015 via mobile

Yayas has great Cuban food and pastries. What could be better than that? Two platto Tuesday. Tuesday evenings there is a great discount on two plate dinners

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have visited the other location on Curryford, so this review is of that location. Their Cuban food is pretty good, although limited which is great for just a neighborhood spot. One thing that they do have here is guava, cheese and meat pastries that they keep warm in a display until they are gone, which is usually fast for the guava and cheese combo pastries. They are crumbly and warm and explode with flavor, try one with a café con leche.
My gripe is with the toasting of the Cuban and other sandwiches in Cuban bread. They should be hard toasted and the cheese should be melted, which has never been the case. Im not sure if they don't have a press but this is such a critical component of Cuban sandwiches. My other gripe is that the pork that comes with the lunch/dinner platter is ALWAYS dry and tastes old. My guess is that they pre-make this pork and reuse it as needed, maybe not rotating it properly?
Anyhow, this is why they get only an average rating. On a good note, the atmosphere is pleasant and the rice and beans are awesome. I hope they step it up because this place could be great.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

While most bakeries have tons of pastries, Yaya’s baked goods including cuban bread, and delicacies are made daily and have the taste of freshness. My favorite of their pastries is their Quesitos, which are puff pastry full of sugared cream cheese, which are flakey and delicious! Don't bother getting one, at $1.35, instead purchase the half dozen for $7.50! You know you are going to want to eat them ALL! :)
Grab a cup of their fantastic Cafe' con Leche! Terrific taste, and so wonderful with the pastries!

Their Cuban sandwiches are delicious, but their Media Noche's are my favorite!! Get there for lunch EARLY before the seats are full, and get the lunch special which comes with Half sandwich, Black bean soup with rice, or a salad, and choice of drink for $7.95. I opt for the Cafe con Leche as my drink, then add some $ to make it a Grande'. YUM! This is making my mouth water, just writing this!

Though they have two locations, both are run the same. Terrific “fast” service, and friendly staff. Though the Curry Ford location is new, and noisier, it is the most popular due to its more central location, near Crystal Lake Drive. The other is in a neighborhood off Semoran Blvd, 2 blocks south of Colonial Drive, on the Southeast part of town.
The only reason I gave it a 4 star is that they don't have enough seating at peak times. Their food was excellent. Enjoy.
In the future, their name will be changing to Zaza New Cuban Diner so look for them on Facebook, and their future updates!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Hubs and I were running errands on a different side of town and decided to be adventurous and try something new for lunch. We landed at Yaya's and what a treat it was! I had the cuban sandwich, hubs had the vegetarian "haystack" (plantains, black beans, rice, salad, cuban bread) and we shared a mofongo. Everything was cooked perfectly! We usually don't even attempt to find cuban food in Orlando (we travel to South Florida often so wait until we are there)... but I will definitely return to Yayas! Service was fantastic. Very friendly staff and everyone helped out. Go there!

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

True Cuban coffee & pastries. No need to drive to Miami. Miami is here! We will continue to go for breakfast especially, but lunch & dinner as well.