New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Perfect Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We had a wonderful view of the pool from our room. The service here was unbelievable! Everyone was willing to help with anything you needed. We loved the pool area. We rented a cabana on one day and the pool staff took excellent care of us!! The food is delicious from the pool bar.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shelbyreneski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Albany, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Spent a weekend here over spring break with our three children ages 12,14, and17 Since our room wasn't ready we decided to have a quick lunch down at Bleau next to the pool. After waiting ten minutes without anyone noticing us I decided to go to the bar and order drinks and get some menus. The bartender was helpful and sent someone over right away with the drinks and menus(not to be too picky but the daiquiris had no fruit, straws, or anything to make it look like they cared). After placing our order we didn't see our waiter until our very average lunch arrived. We were able to check into our room and we were satisfied with a nice lake view but not overly impressed with the outdated feel of the room. The beds were very comfortable like any Ritz and the ever important bathroom was a perfect ten. We spent some time at the pool and enjoyed some live music-- great setting. They did have service out there but they never made it over to us either day. We had dinner at the Vine Grill on Saturday night and again were disappointed. The service was very good but the room and food wasn't anything special and everything was overpriced. Oh well, lovely setting and maybe we just caught them on a bad weekend.. would be willing to try again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank John H
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

My company hosted our annual customer conference at Ritz Carlton Grand Lakes in November 2011. Phenomenal is all I can say.

The facility was excellent as a guest, but as a business person doing a premier event, it was off-the-rails great! I was not the primary event planner, but they treated me and all of the event workforce like gold. We had our own butler who made certain we had drinks, food and access to all we needed during the course of the conference. One of our evening events was out on the lawn - and it was organized beautifully.

If you're looking for a great place to have a conference, check out Grand Lakes!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the golf course.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012 via mobile

When I booked the best rated hotel in Orlando for my visit with my son, I admit I had high expectations. When we arrived at the Ritz Carlton at 4:45 pm, the front desk staff kept my son and I waiting for over 20 minutes only to inform us that our room wasn't ready and could we wait an additional 20 minutes for my room to be ready. When I declined their request, it still took another 15 minutes for reception to get us keys to a room.

I was disappointed again the following day when we returned to our room at 3:30 pm and our room had not been made up. I was able to track down housekeeeping and persuaded them to clean our room immediately.

The following day at the pool, there was no attendant to help us with chairs or towels. I struggled with moving a large heavy umbrella and no one came forward to help. the only employee I saw at the pool was a waitress who came by our chairs at the end of the day, not to take an order, but to collect the menu that was on my side table.

I was also surprised to note that there was no wifi offerred. I received no information about it during checkout nor was there any information provided in the room.

My son was extremely disgusted that the television in our room did not operate properly. Engineering claimed that housekeeping would dislodge the wires, but this happened twice during our three night stay.

I would have rated this hotel much lower, but the beds were comfortable and the towels in the room were soft and generously sized. Despite this, I don't plan on returning to this hotel.

Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Ann M
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Beautiful grounds, hotel & to rooms! Great service! Unfortunately we had an incident where our baby was in danger & my wife ended up cutting her fingers grabbing a broken wine glass stem as it was about to go in his mouth! After further research, there was ore ore broken glass & trash in corner by curtain & balcony door! Security was gracious & quick...however , mgmt was slow to respond! In the end it was great! We had to repack...but they moved us to a nicer room! Loved out stay & pool & golf course is beautiful! Food was great!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Orlando property for work and as usual...the service and staff were perfect. It was a very busy weekend with Nascar and All star game but you would never know it by the individual attention paid to all guests by the staff. It is noted as a family friendly resort property, great pools and playgrounds-all very well placed to allow "adults only" to still have a quiet, relaxing getaway. Well done.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My husband had a convention/business trip at the Ritz Grande Lakes, so I tagged along. I was not disappointed. It is a huge complex with one half being run by the Ritz and the other half being a Marriott. You never have to go outside the building to go from one resort to the other. Both resorts have one whole side with balconied rooms that overlook the pools, the lake and parts of the golf course. While my husband was in meetings, I was able to get a kayak lesson in the lake area, enjoy the pools (I especially enjoyed the lazy river pool on the Marriott side) and walk the beautifully-manicured gardens on property. They even have an herb garden that is used by the culinary team that you can walk through; each plant is identified with a marker.
The staff is extremely helpful and polite no matter where you are on the property.
My husband is attending another conference there in a few days and I am very much looking forward to going back to Grande Lakes for some pampering and relaxation!

Room Tip: Stay on one of the higher floors on the back of the resort for the best views of pools, lake and gol...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business