“CYPRESS POINTE RESORT(1), NOT Cypress Pointe Grande Villas(2)”

Cypress Pointe Resort
Reviewed 1 August 2011

CYPRESS POINTE RESORT is Phase 1
CYPRESS POINTE GRANDE VILLAS is Phase 2. And let me start by saying people always get them confused or think they are the same. TRIPADVISOR should have 2 separately places for the both. PERIOD. Why? They currently share amenities.Mainly pools but they do share other things. Some of that will be changing soon. (NEW CHECK IN FACILITY for phase 2 going to be built). In my opinion they should separate totally. And I think they are working toward that in my opinion. THEY are both managed by two totally separate companies. Both are timeshare resorts and both are manage separately by 2 different associations. So as I give this review I will help to distinguish for you. THIS REVIEW IS FOR PHASE 1. I repeat PHASE 1.
Phase 1 building has 3 levels (2 has 5)
Phase 1 association has done and excellent job at updating the resort through the years. You will see as you go into your newly renovated resort. Clean and well kept. New CAFE besides the neat Volcano POOL along with new awesome play area for kids and new redone game room. Phase 1 has no elevators. If you are on 1st floor its not a problem. Can be if you are on 2nd and 3rd floor. Lugging luggage can be a pain. Besides that I cannot complain about anything. We where there for the week. July 23rd-31st. 3 bedrooms sleep 8 or can be split into 6 for 2 bedroom and 2 for the studio. Studio is very nice for 2. A lot nicer than a standard hotel room.we had a 3 bedroom. about 1600 square feet of redone nice living. They have done an excellent job. Actually will surprise you when you walk through the doors.
Clean, neat , no riff raft. Lots of security around. Felt safe and we all enjoyed very much.
Phase 2 is behind on there updating. Not managed as well in my opinion from people that own their.
They do have a better actual floor plan but things need updating I am told. They do have 5 floors and an elevator which is a plus and probably the only thing that would be a plus over phase 1.
If you stay there be sure you are staying in phase 1 if you want totally redone rooms and amenities. ASK ASK ASK. People thing they are going to 1 and they are really going to 2. Now don't get me wrong. Phase 2 is not terrible. Stayed there a few years ago, so I do know about it. They just are behind on their updating. And like I said earlier, they do have a better floor plan that is bigger and will sleep more. But in my opinion I like having new things as they have don so well in Phase 1.
Location actually is to good in my opinion. Buena Vista right there at the DOWNTOWN DISNEY location can be very congested. Going to the parks take 535(light before Disney entrance) GPS should take you, and you will miss a lot of traffic. trust me. Try to make the light coming out of Vinning (Walgreens across street). VERY LONG LIGHT. You can actually go back out behind and it is quicker sometimes. Depending where you are going. SO remember::

CYPRESS POINTE RESORT is Phase 1
CYPRESS POINTE GRANDE VILLAS is Phase 2

1 is updated all new,2 is not.
1 is 1649 sq. ft, sleeps 8, 2 is 1823 sq. ft, sleeps 10
1 no elevator, 2 has elevator

In my opinion the best place on the whole site is building 4 Phase 1 room 4304 3 bed overlooking the volcano pool. But any in building 4 is the closest to the pool, cafe, front desk, game room, and gift shop.

So when people are saying bad things, chances are now it is about phase 2 NOT phase 1.

I would recommend both for DISNEY raiders. They will provide very good accommodations and you can get them at a lot more reasonable prices. Yes you can rent and you do not have to go to a presentation. Just make sure you know which one you are renting from. PHASE 1 or PHASE 2.
I would HIGHLY recommend Phase 1.

1 Good 2 not bad.

Hint: just unplug all phones in the room. That's what we always do now everywhere. Who needs me can get me by cell phone. The rest, well!!!!!! you no the answer.

Hope this helps. Feel free to email with more questions.

Room Tip: Can rent online.
37  Thank ReviewsYOUcanTrust
There are newer reviews for Cypress Pointe Resort

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Perfect location, very clean,well equiped, friendly staff, nice pools. The one bedroom unit we are staying in is very small for 2 people and dark, there is only the sliding door for daylight and the lamps are dim, I can hardly see the keyboard at the kitchen table. We booked cheap so I can't complain but the 2 BR is a must if you bring the kids.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveS1
CypressPointe, Vacation Resorts International at Cypress Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Dear SteveS1

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our resort; I am glad to hear that you found our location to be perfect, our staff to be friendly and our rooms to be very clean and well equiped.
I am very sorry that you found the room's lamps not to be able to provide enough light for you to be able to see the keyboard, I will certanly forward your coment to our maintenance department for them to review and see if there is anything that can be done to improve it.

Thank you again for your opinion we value all the feedback we receive.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Worst stay of my life. Everything had a problem. We even had to switch rooms due to a pipe leak. We had a refrigerator that doesn't keep things cold, a broken toaster, broken kitchen utensils, and insufficient cooking tools. On top of that, our new room's door won't shut unless you forcefully slamming it. Instead of relaxing, we ended up having more stress because of this. I will never stay here again, and I advise to find somewhere else. Highly disappointed with their inability to compensate for the inconvenience they caused my family. If you are going to make us cancel our plans and move into another room, at least figure out a way to apologize for it. It's your fault, not ours, that YOUR rooms aren't up to date. Worst rooms and worst customer service. Also, on another note, there were roaches and bugs in the pool, and they should seriously clean it, or at least have a sufficient filter running at all times for sanitation purposes. The security guards at the pool should seriously stop chatting with each other, and actually do their job, other than harassing customers that are trying to enjoy themselves. Instead of the average rating of 4.5 stars, my family gives you 0 stars.

6  Thank grbl9138
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Overall is was okay exept that the bathrooms had no privacy, the place was noisy, and the pool was cold. The location was very convenient to Seaworld, Discovery cove, and Aquatica. Overall the villa was nicely maintained the master bedroom was quiet, but the other 2 bedrooms were very noisy because they were right next to the very common stairwell. 2 of the bathrooms had no doors. One of the bedrooms was very small and the bed was a trundle bed and the bathroom at least had a door.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank TravelerMan96

Dear TravelerMan96,

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our resort; I am glad to hear that you found our location to be convenient to some of the Orlando attractions and our rooms to be properly mantained. By reading your review and looking at the pictures you posted, I realized that you stayed in one of the units that have not been renovated as of yet. I would like to share with you that in all of our renovated units the bathroom door issue has been addressed as well as the trundle bed in the second bedroom has been replaced with a full size bed (the decor in the entire second bedroom has also changed).

We would love for you to come back to our resort and experience our renovated units; so if your travels take you to Orlando in the future, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be glad to help you with your booking.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

I read some of the negative reviews of these villas before our stay in July 2011 and having spent an incredible 2 weeks at the Grand Villas I can't believe which planet these people are from.
We stayed in a 2 bedroomed villa which had been recently refurbished and was immaculate with plenty of space.
As regards to the timeshare hardsell we had a constant red light on our phone but I never picked it up so no one bothered us !!
It was the perfect oasis from the theme parks which I considered the worst part of our holiday which are hot humid and full of empty shallow people and their kids.
Regarding DVD rental,Internet access etc after a day at the Parks you're too shattered to worry about these and you are on holiday so leave that world behind because as Tom Cruise says in MI 2 "If you know where I am going ,I'm not on holiday!!"
Grand Villas Cypress Pointe 5 stars no problem.

7  Thank amcc158
CypressPointe, Vacation Resorts International at Cypress Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Dear amcc158,

Thank you so much for your review!!! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to provide accomodations that suited your vacation needs.

If there is anything we can do in the future to have you as our guest again, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 11 July 2011

I have just got back and we loved this hotel, stayed in Florida (this will be our 5th year but 1st at this hotel), we normally stay in Disney hotels but decided on a suite rather than 1 big room...I am so glad I did! I will never go back to room only again.

We stayed in the newly renovated apartment and it has everything you need to make your stay comfortable. Rooms are nicely decorated, great size living room and both bedrooms are nice with plenty of storage space. You will find TV’s in both bedrooms and a large plasma with DVD player in the living area, lets you chill out after a day in the parks.

Swimming pools are all nice sizes and clean, the gardens and surrounding area’s are very well maintained.

Location - Could not be better, walking distance to nice restaurants and only 10 mins drive to Downtown Disney – location is just FAB.

I am looking to book again next year and I can’t wait to go back – will defo book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated suite to avoid disappointment
7  Thank mcmurray09186534
CypressPointe, Vacation Resorts International at Cypress Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Dear mcmurray09186534,

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our resort; we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you want to return; we strive to provide superior accommodations and service. If there is any way I can help you book your next reservation, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 10 July 2011

I was slightly apprehensive after booking the reservation because pictures and reviews can sometimes be mis-leading. We arrived early and utilized 1 of the 3 magnificent pool areas. We were allowed to check in before 3 p.m. which was another plus. We ended up getting a room in the Grand Villas which are newly renovated in comparison to the Cypress Pointe side of the complex. The room was a nicely furnished 2/2 which was perfect for my wife and I as well as the 2 boys. The master bedroom had a very nice shower with a Roman spa tub. There were 2 flat screen t.v.'s one in the living area and a smaller in the master bedroom. The kids room had 2 single beds with an older t.v. which was fine by them. The full kitchen was completly supplied with flat and cookware. The counter tops and appliances were very nice. We had a screened in patio on the 2nd floor which was a nice retreat especially at night. The pool was a short walk from our room. The hot tub was huge and the temperature was not scalding. The convience store next to our room was a great assest. It was open late for snacks or last minute items that were not to over priced for a resort ( I have seen alot worse). The resort also has convient free delivery for their menu items which were not overly priced. The landscaping and the grounds were immaculate and during our stay the ground maintenance company was in process of adding new plants and mulch. It is quite evident that appearance and maintaining the property is very important. The staff was very friendly and accomodating.

Cons: very minimal and I am not complaining there was a new playground not yet open for use near the volcanoe pool. The volcanoe pool temp was initially chilly but after a few minutes you got used to it. WiFi is and extra 4.99 a day, but I was vacationing and really did not care to stay in touch with the rest of the world.

Overall: I have stayed a numerous hotels and resorts in the Orlando area. The only place that even comes close in my opion is the Hilton Vacation club properties. For the price this place is a better value. We were fortunate to pay the same rate per night as you would a brand name hotel and the value was far better for all that you got. A must stay for future visitors.

Room Tip: If you plan on more than 1 load of laundry bring your own soap. you will have to pick up after your...
3  Thank vinman566