“No Parking. Overbooked. A timeshare-Not a hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cypress Pointe Resort

Cypress Pointe Resort
Miami
“No Parking. Overbooked. A timeshare-Not a hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

The Good: Good price. The place is real close to Disney and to lots of restaurants. Room was nice and has roman tub and shower. It has a small living room with sofa bed. TV in the small living room and TV in the bedroom.

The Bad: People fight for parking spots. At night 10:15pm coming from Disney after spending 20 minutes trying to find parking, I had to park on the grass as approved by the security lady 3 blocks away from my room and my 5-year old was asleep. I had to carry her to our room. i was very upset about that. I called the front desk and of course they knew about the situation, and dismissed my issue as something they are working on since they got the property in Sept 2011. I said, Oh, that makes me feel a lot better, have a great evening.

Your bed is not made daily as in a hotel. this is not a hotel. You throw away your own trash. You fix your own bed. You have to ask for new towels.

I asked for 30 minutes late check-out (10:30am) and was denied. Check-in is at 4:00pm and not a minute earlier.

After you check-in you are asked to get your "welcome package" (a saleperson) to convince you to go to a 90-minute sales job for a time-share for $100 cash. We declined. They even asked for a $20 deposit if we decided to say yes to the sales pitch.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank USA_Holidays
CypressPointe, Vacation Resorts International at Cypress Pointe Resort, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear USA_Holidays,

Thank you for you review, it seems by the way you are describing the room as well as the situation you stayed at the Grande Villas Resort not Cypress Pointe Resort; I will be certain to pass on your comments to the Diamond Resorts and Grande Villas staff as although we share amenities with them including our club house for check-in purposes, these are two separate resorts.

Fabio A. Vargas
Vacation Resorts International
vargasf@cypresspointe.net

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Four of us stayed in a very nice two bedroom suite at Cypress Pointe Resort. From reading reviews I would say we stayed in one of the newly refurbished models. The suite was large, clean and conveniently located with respect to the pool and the whirl pool. We were there in mid-February of 2012. The pool was crystal clear and the grounds were very well kept. The staff was helpful and courteous. The location of the resort with respect to eating, shopping and attractions like SeaWorld and Disney was not at all difficult in terms of access to the major highways.

I only have a couple of gripes that marred an otherwise lovely one-week stay.
1. In this the year of our Lord 2012 it is almost inconceivable that a top-flight facility such as this would nickle/dime its guests in order to access WiFi. At $4.99 per day it surely would not tip me over into financial difficulty but it is STUPID, short-sighted and is evidence of a last century mindset. I understand that in the early days of elevators some building charged for their use - thank goodness that day is gone. Someone should tell Cypress Pointe that charging for WiFi has gone the way of the Doodo bird.

2. We decided to waste 90 minutes listening to their "pitch" about why we should join their fast-growing time-share group. There was no danger of them selling me on this as I brought along my human calculator. The gripe is that the incentives given in exchange for our time and polite attention to the very nice young lady are essentially fictitious. I opted for a one-week car rental at a cost of $100. When I picked up the vehicle I inquired as to the weekly cost of the model I selected and learned that had I simply walked up to the rental counter I could have had the very same economy car for one week for $99.

If you are pretty sure you are not going to join you could as well spend your 90 minutes trying to get Mickey to talk to you over at the Mouse House.

BTW we there as guests of a relative thus the cost was minimal - paid the transfer fee only.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank DakTraveler
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Our first "Diamond Resort" experience. I have stayed at many timeshare resorts and this has to be one of the nicest, cleanest ones. Very comforable bed, linens. As close to Disney as you could want. They even have there own pizza, food delivery on premises. Very friendly customer service. You would not be disappointed. Just wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy all the amemities. Thanks again!

Room Tip: Crab Cay overlooking pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rick B
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I had a one bedroom apartment that connected to my family's 2 bedroom. I have never experience such a well equipped unit - kitchen utensils, towels, toiletries. All the staff were helpful and very pleasant. The outdoor area - pools, mini-golf is very well maintained. The building were were in - "A" needed some refurbishing.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the pool areas.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nana34
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We are timeshare owners with Diamond Resorts and have been travelling to Cypress Point for 14 years now where we find the location to be one of great convenience. You are so close to everything that you could possibly want to do here. I am very happy to report that most, (if not all) of the rooms have been completely redone and the design team has done a wonderful job. All Hi-def flat panel TVs in every unit, beautiful new kitchen appliances, designer style furnishings and very appealing artwork. There are 3 pools to choose from and if I could offer a comment to all of the parents ... PLEEEEASE take you babys and children to one of the 2 kiddie pool areas. The larger pool in the quad at the north side seems better suited for mainly adults. Thank you. It can be very peaceful sitting under the palms there. The whirlpool tub is outstanding with some of the best jet action you could ask for. I will spend several days over at a convention at the Convention Centre (10 minute drive) and the hot tub is very relaxing at the end of a long day of walking. I yohu would like to just walk for something to eat you can go out to the corner and choose from several great restaurants depending on your taste buds. We have tried them all and they are all very good. We do like the Orlando Ale House just down to the first stop light behind the huge souvenir store. For groceries, just drive over to the Winn-Dixie right behind the resort (ask at the dest and they will tell you where to go). Get yourself a Winn-Dixie shoppers card and prepare to save, save, save folks ... on everything!!!! And the wine selection is surprisingly amazing. We don’t think they missed anything there. If you wish to go out for a bit of a nicer dinner then just down the main road, which is Appopka Vineland 535, there is an area called the Crossroads and in there you will find Johnny’s Hideaway. What a wonderful find and very classy with outstanding food and service and not too pricey. Since we have been so many times we could go on and on but here is a short list of restaurants to try if you like as we have been to these ones many times and recomment them: Cafe Tu Tu Tango (best with a group), Bahama Breeze, Pacino’s (outstanding steaks and Italian), Wolfgang Pucks and Raglan Road (Downtown Disney), the Universal Walk restaurant row, Jimmy Buffet’s (do have the Cheeseburg in Paradise), Bob Marley’s & Emiril’s. Or try something new yourself, ther’s plenty to pick and choose from and sometimes there are deals at the front desk at Cypress Point. By the way the check-in is usually well handled and if there are any problems we have always had them handled quickly, even a lightbulb change. Say “hello” to Charley the Macaw in the lobby and wait for a minute or so and he will talk to you! Enjoy Cypress Point, we have in the past and will continue to do so.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank CanucksJohnJudy
Rosemount, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have stayed at the Cypress Pointe Resort for the last three years with my girls group when we run the Disney 5K. This is an awesome place to stay with its easy access to all the parks in Orlando. It is clean and neat with all the things you will need to have a comfortable vacation. The pools and hot tubs are awesome and try the gyro from the market/grill! It is fantastic! The only thing I can say against the resort is that the main bathroom in the master suite is very open. It is not closed off in any way and you better know who you are sharing a room with very well or it is uncomfortable!! We really enjoy the comfort and convenience of this resort!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank tomnkat
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We just returned from Florida 2/28/12. Rented the 3 BR 3 BA unit for the week for 2/11-2/18. The room was in the building closest to the pool. The rooms were very clean and I was really impressed with every thing. I would stay there again in a heart beat. The only thing I would say is that they do not have elevators so you have to carry your luggage up the stairs to your room. They also DO NOT have free internet. This is such a small thing that they could fix if they would just put free WiFi they would get better ratings.
Overall the staff was great and the place was really clean. The room was newly remodeled and really nice. The beds were very comfy and I have a bad back.
Pool was great and warm even in February. We have stayed at Disney every year for the past 11 years this same week in there DELUX resorts (Wilderness lodge for what is now $350 + per night,) and they do not heat there pools!!!!!!! OH they also don’t have free WiFi at Disney either !!!
Anyway, as I was saying. This was a really great place to stay and it is just a few miles from the entrance to Disney’s Downtown Disney area.
The only real downside is if you need an elevator this is NOT the place for you.
Other than that it was great.
4.5 *’s
Andrea from MA.

Room Tip: They do not have elevators so if you can not carry your luggage up the stairs than you may want to s...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family