“Great rooms, great value, expensive shuttles”

Cypress Pointe Resort
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The rooms are huge and extremely well appointed and very clean. We stayed with our kids and their aunty with room for everyone. It's a home from home inside with all the mod cons and the pool area is great too. My only complaint is while you are only a short taxi or car ride from Downtown Disney and the parks, the hotel shuttles are $10pp each way! You can book a private taxi for $10 one way so beware as the reception are reluctant to give you information that will not benefit their pockets. Many good restaurants are within walking distance as are Wallgreens (supermarket) and other convenient stores. We found reception unreliable as one taxi we booked took an hour to arrive and another day we hired a hire car via them with 2 days notice, again for the hire car place to forget to deliver the car on time. I would recommend this resort if you have a car or are prepared to organize you own transport to the parks.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room as there is no lift !
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Meredith H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I went last year in late april and was suppose to stay for 2 weeks.
In that 2 weeks I fell in love with this place, we had one of the newly refurbished rooms, with two bedrooms, there was five of us so my sister slept on the sofa bed which was no trouble.
It is a very peaceful and relaxing place.. are block which we stayed in was lovely, we were right by the pool and we had quite a nice view. As we stayed at Florida for 2 weeks my dad got an ear infection which made us stay for an extra week! The hotel recption and all the staff were very helpful and tried there hardest to help us and there was no problem for them to let us stay an extra week.
They had great service and had a pizza delivery service which was quite helpful for when we had late nights comin back from parks!! The wi-fi IS a bit costly I half to admit for only 24hrs!
The resort is in a good location as Walgreens is just across the street which was helpful to get the odd bits 'n' bobs, it was a 20mins walk to downtown disney which was great! And it was only a 10 mins walk to some of the finest restaurants! It is also not far from the disney parks. When we first arrived at this lovely resort they offered us packages which were indeed helpful and helped us with park tickets which we found buying from them were cheaper than some places!!
I would definately reccomend this place, I cannot believe some of the reviews I have seen because our stay was nothing like some of the reviews. I am going back next year to Florida and we are definately staying in this resort again!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly refurbished room in advance and I found out that the rooms near the back are quieter...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Sum17
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We came to Orlando after a cruise for a few days. We found our "Condo" efficient for our needs. Full fridge and stove. Large bathroom with shower and whirlpool tub. The only thing I didn't like was the tv in the kitchen/living area. It was mounted on the wall and up too high. Hard to watch for very long, but there was a tv in the bedroom. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank testewart
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The room was nothing like they said it would be. It was very small. The neighbors next door had young children and with the paper thin walls. You heard everything! We came for a relaxing week and hoping to sleep in, but the construction outside our room made that impossible with the loud banging at 7:00 a.m. every morning. We will not be back and I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Lkess41
diamondresorts, Manager at Cypress Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

We are sorry to read that there were aspects of your stay that did not meet expectations. We very much strive to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay here and are always disappointed when this is not the case.
All our apartments are lock offs and this should be noted on the advisements during the booking process. The construction to the new Clubhouse should also be highlighted.
We are hoping that this will be completed by August but we do try and ensure all guests are given a flyer with their welcome packs explaining about the construction. These works are scheduled between 8am - 5pm and we are sorry to hear that you have been disturbed by this.
Your feedback is extremely important to us and we would like to thank you for submitting your review.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I used to live in Orlando and know many of the hotels. This is not one of the better ones. My room came complete with a dead cockroach. There's no desk or trash can. Guests are not allowed to change the room temperature - my room was a stuffy 74 degrees. And honest to goodness the pillows were maybe 3" thick. I can't for the world imagine what others see in this place. Any Residence Inn or Doubletree is going to be nicer than this, let alone a Marriott or Hilton.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank SeasonedTraveler2012
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed here for the 2nd time in 2011 after our 1st visit a couple of years earlier.

Our 1st visit was very enjoyable and our pre-arrival requests were met very well.

Whilst being aware of the fact that requests are just that and are not guaranteed we were very disappointed to find that we received a room with virtually the opposite of that requested.

Request were for a room near to the pool and preferably with a view of the pool (we got a room in a block that was about as far away from the pool as possible) and a top floor room. (when emailing we were told this shouldn't be a problem as most people wanted lower floors but we got a mid-floor room)

When we checked in I tried asking the girl about our requests but she ignored me and proceeded to hand me the keys and show us a map of the resort.

For virtually the whole of the 1st week of our stay there was a lot of noise by the pool as they were replacing an upstairs patio and installing new doors, etc. This involved cutting of slabs, etc with angle grinders/disc cutters so needless to say this was far from relaxing.

For most days of our 2nd week staff were pressure washing roofs of blocks of apartments using platform lifts on the back of vehicles. Any afternoon relaxation back in our room was impossible.

Generally, apart from a couple of members of staff, we found reception staff to be rude and unhelpful. One particular incident I recall was when I asked (around 4 pm) why our room hadn't had it's weekly clean and was informed that this was every 7 days and hence not until the following day. I pointed out that is was 7 days since we had checked in and grudgingly the girl said she would ask the cleaning staff to come, which they then did.

A real shame as the location (walking distance to many restaurants and the Orlando Alehouse) is ideal and we quite like the resort. (normally)

I am posting this some time after our summer 2011 stay as I have yet to receive a response from Diamond Resorts and/or Interval International to my complaints.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank HerefordshireGoose
Reviewed 25 March 2012

It was a great resort, and had a lot of activities younger kids can do. It was central to a lot of restaurants, and about 5 minutes without traffic to Downtown Disney. The miniature golf was fun for the family, and was 9 holes. Theirs a pool for every area, so you're always in distance with a pool, but if you want to go to the main pool, it's about 10 minute walk or you can drive, but good luck getting a parking spot, especially at night when everybody comes back from the parks they were at for the day, we had to park far from the complex we were staying in. The shower had low pressure, and it didn't get the soap out of your hair. It was a really pretty room, and it had a reasonable amount of space.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family