“Great, clean, friendly hotel with excellent location”

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #300 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 14 April 2011

I travel a lot and have stayed here quite a few times within the past year and decided I owe it to Ramada to write my review. I initially booked this hotel because I have a season pass to Universal Studios. It takes us no longer than 5 minutes to drive into Universal from our hotel! It is right off of I-drive, I love that we were able to just walk over to TGI Fridays for dinner. The hotel included a free breakfast where I had waffles (make your own) and orange juice. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Although it is close to I-4 our room was nice and quiet. I feel the staff is very personable as the guy at the front desk remembered me at check in from the past times I had come. I plan on returning to this hotel on my next stay to Orlando.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank lotusfoxcj
RamadaCCIDGM, Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2011

We the staff of Ramada thank you very much for remembering us and giving us an opportunity again after a few years and we are glad that we have met you expectations again. I thank you personally for your repeat business. Perzid Ichhaporia General Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2011

This is the third year we have stayed at this hotel for a swim meet at the next door YMCA. We will keep coming back!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

We thank you very much for your business and glad you liked it and hope to see you soon. Thank You again.

Reviewed 3 February 2011

The customer service is just deplorable. Bad attitude, & the tone of voice was not friendly when I checked into the hotel.
When I get into my hotel room a stale smell hits me. It was bad enough to switch rooms. But, the guy at customer service wouldn't allow it. Just rude & unfriendly!
Also, the sheets didn't quite look clean, so I didn't sleep in them.
Stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank stephstar
Reviewed 23 December 2010

There are many hotels in the Orlando area to choose from. Don't settle for cheap, without expecting to get what you paid for. As a resident of Central Florida, I advise you to shop around and you will find just as good of a deal at a better hotel. I would not choose to stay here again. The hotel is run down and offered an uncomfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2010

I got into the hotel at a dirt cheap rate. The room was old and need a little TLC but there were no bugs. Breakfast was nothing to write home about but it was enough to get your day going. The desk clerk was amazing I was able to extend my stay at the same rate with no hassle. It's in a great location of I drive. This isn’t the nicest hotel I’ve stayed at but for the price and location it was a steal. If I ever go back to Orlando I'm staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank fuzzy32083
Reviewed 16 October 2010

The hotel is in an awsome location, however, it really need to be refurbished. Everything is old.
Cleaning is not good as well. When i arrived, there was a hair in our bathtub, and it stayed there for 6 days. That means the housekeeping team does not clean the bath as they should. Also, when I asked for a vaccumed to close some space bags, I was informed that they did not own vacummers, but, how can a room with carpets everywhere can be cleaned without a vaccum?

The breakfast area is really small and we could never seat because it was always full. On our last day there, we coukd not eat because there were no plates. They ran out of plates and someone went out to buy some, but, how long can you wait for breakfast when you have Disney World opening at 9am waiting for you?
I will not go back there.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Well what can I say? I have stayed in several hotels in Orlando over the years and this has to be simply the best value hotel I have stayed in.
The positive feeling began at check in. I arrived a little early for the recommended check in time but that was no problem. The friendly receptionist conducted a smooth and efficient check in. Every member of staff I came into contact with were friendly and helpful.
My room was not the largest but it had everything I needed. The decor was looking a little dated and the bathroom needed some longer term work but it was very clean as was the rest of the room. The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of toiletries and coffee available. My room was serviced every day with fresh towels and linen supplied each day, if needed. I opted for the environmental service offering only to have clean sheets and towels on request. It is nice to have this option and do a little bit for the environment.
The pool was small but clean. In fact the entire exterior was clean including the car park. There was the added bonus of having free access to the YMCA next door. I made use of the YMCA gym but could not use the pool because it was being used for training.
The location was good. Easy for access to International Drive and the I4.
An added bonus was the free breakfast. Hot and cold buffet with a varied choice of food. There were a number of eateries within walking distance.
The business centre provided free internet access and free printing. Useful even if you only plan to check in for your flight online and print off your boarding card.
I had a relaxing stay and would certainly consider staying there again. I met some really nice friendly Americans at the hotel, many of whom were there for business. Most of the fellow guests were friendly and were happy to share tips on places to visit and eat.
The International Drive area is probably one of the better areas to stay for business and leisure with easy access to both the convention centre and the theme parks.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo