“Avoid at all costs.”

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #302 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Don't be fooled by the hotel's low price and convenient location; what you will save in money and convenience, you will pay tenfold with your sanity. This is the first and only hotel that I have ever not completed my stay in, and it takes a lot for me to jump ship. My girlfriend and I booked a two-night stay via Groupon for this Ramada, with the expectation that while it certainly wouldn't be "resort quality," it'd make for a clean bed and clean shower to end and start our days in Orlando. Boy, were we mistaken.

We checked in late in the evening on Friday night after driving straight to the parks, and while the outside of the hotel looked old and run down, the lobby seemed modern and clean enough, so we felt a bit better. We checked into our room and were informed of a $5/night service fee, which conflicted with the $4 service fee on the form that I actually signed. Oh, well. I wasn't about to create an issue over a small service fee, and agreed. Upon walking out of the lobby to head back outside, another guest walked up to the counter and demanded to check out due to "bugs everywhere." Great! Hopes are sky high at this point.

We made our way to our room via an incredibly inconveniently placed stairwell, and after struggling to open our door, audibly groaned once our room was revealed. Damp, dingy carpet lined the floor connected by dilapidated moulding that was actually falling off of the wall in parts. Unmistakable..."body fluid" stains on our window curtains made me regret having to touch them to shut them. Our bathroom was appalling, with brown stains on the tile, leftover hair and dirt in the shower, and a fun variety of stains, mildew, and dirt behind each crevice. All of this, not even to mention that our bathroom vent was COATED in mildew. Gross AND dangerous! A broken carbon monoxide detector really tied the room together and after struggling through a brief shower, we left our room to go seek out any new hotel that might take us at such a late hour.

While unable to find a new room for that night, we booked a room at the lovely Hyatt Regency Orlando for the following night and stayed out until 2:30 in the morning to avoid going back to the Ramada. Upon finally caving in and heading back, I packed my things back up and slept fully dressed. We both woke up undeniably itchy and got ready as early as we could manage and immediately got our things back into the car and went to the lobby, which was swarmed with people eating their complimentary breakfast in lobby seating.

I explained our situation to the lobby receptionist who could not seem to care less about the ordeal, as if he hears it all the time. We were refunded a whopping $5 (one night's service fee, since we wouldn't be staying) and checked out on the spot. He offered to move us to another room, but after doing some digging online and reading other reviews, it seems we weren't even the worst off. Leaving the Ramada was the best decision we could've made on this trip, and I can't recommend enough against staying here. I can say with some degree of certainty that I will never stay at another Ramada hotel. Spend the extra money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed 15 July 2017

It was horrible decision to stay there &Very unsatisfied. 3 floors & No working ice machines in the in the state of Florida is insane. Not considering a solution either...didnt expect that from Ramada inn. Very disappointed. Dirty,broken glass windows, nasty vents, disgusting carpets. They moved our room because of Huge hole in the wall..the next room wasn't that great either, just no holes in the wall...smh..

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Receptionist was very friendly. However, I reserved a room with a king size bed. Was told there weren't any more and got 2 twin sized beds. Was charged a $5 service fee. When I asked why, I was told, so I could have access to the YMCA next door. I told her I was checking in at midnight and leaving at 8am, I wasn't going to use the Y. Sorry, it's added to every room charge. Beyond that the place is a filthy dump. From the carpet in the elevator that looked like it hadn't seen a vacuum in a week, to dirty carpets down the hallways, peeling paint on the walls in the halls and in the room, blackened chaulking in the shower tub. I said to myself, if I pull back these sheets and have any clue they aren't clean, midnight or not I'm outta here. The sheets seemed clean and I got up and left that morning, knowing for sure I would never be back here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Creepy and old. Tub with rust stains. Outlets covered so no place to pug anything in. Coffee maker broken. Mattress was gross. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2017

This room was booked through Groupon and this motel should not be open to the public. We traveled to spend the weekend in Orlando and needed a place to sleep at the end of our day of theme parks. I got there, checked-in in a hotel room because their "lobby" was under construction. They were helpful and kind but when I approached our room, I immediately noticed all these worn scratches all over the front of the door. My Fiance and I put our things in the room and quickly realized we couldn't sit there without keeping the door open because of the smell of mold and urine started to suffocate us. There were stains all over the carpet, bed sheets, and mold in all the corners of the bathroom. We tried to come to terms with it because we only needed the room to sleep but quickly ran down the street to The Embassy Suites. I would not trust that this motel does any kind of cleaning besides making the bed out of previously used sheets. DON'T STAY HERE!! We couldn't even dare to think about what they served for "breakfast"...

Room Tip: Your health would be at risk if you stayed here.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends