Don't be fooled by the hotel's low price and convenient location; what you will save in money and convenience, you will pay tenfold with your sanity. This is the first and only hotel that I have ever not completed my stay in, and it takes a lot for me to jump ship. My girlfriend and I booked a two-night stay via Groupon for this Ramada, with the expectation that while it certainly wouldn't be "resort quality," it'd make for a clean bed and clean shower to end and start our days in Orlando. Boy, were we mistaken.
We checked in late in the evening on Friday night after driving straight to the parks, and while the outside of the hotel looked old and run down, the lobby seemed modern and clean enough, so we felt a bit better. We checked into our room and were informed of a $5/night service fee, which conflicted with the $4 service fee on the form that I actually signed. Oh, well. I wasn't about to create an issue over a small service fee, and agreed. Upon walking out of the lobby to head back outside, another guest walked up to the counter and demanded to check out due to "bugs everywhere." Great! Hopes are sky high at this point.
We made our way to our room via an incredibly inconveniently placed stairwell, and after struggling to open our door, audibly groaned once our room was revealed. Damp, dingy carpet lined the floor connected by dilapidated moulding that was actually falling off of the wall in parts. Unmistakable..."body fluid" stains on our window curtains made me regret having to touch them to shut them. Our bathroom was appalling, with brown stains on the tile, leftover hair and dirt in the shower, and a fun variety of stains, mildew, and dirt behind each crevice. All of this, not even to mention that our bathroom vent was COATED in mildew. Gross AND dangerous! A broken carbon monoxide detector really tied the room together and after struggling through a brief shower, we left our room to go seek out any new hotel that might take us at such a late hour.
While unable to find a new room for that night, we booked a room at the lovely Hyatt Regency Orlando for the following night and stayed out until 2:30 in the morning to avoid going back to the Ramada. Upon finally caving in and heading back, I packed my things back up and slept fully dressed. We both woke up undeniably itchy and got ready as early as we could manage and immediately got our things back into the car and went to the lobby, which was swarmed with people eating their complimentary breakfast in lobby seating.
I explained our situation to the lobby receptionist who could not seem to care less about the ordeal, as if he hears it all the time. We were refunded a whopping $5 (one night's service fee, since we wouldn't be staying) and checked out on the spot. He offered to move us to another room, but after doing some digging online and reading other reviews, it seems we weren't even the worst off. Leaving the Ramada was the best decision we could've made on this trip, and I can't recommend enough against staying here. I can say with some degree of certainty that I will never stay at another Ramada hotel. Spend the extra money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the Ramada Convention Center I-drive Orlando and you'll stay close to all major central Florida attractions while enjoying popular amenities such as free high-speed Internet access and more. Located just 2 miles from Universal Studios, SeaWorld Orlando, and only five miles from Walt Disney World, this hotel offers unparalleled convenience. The Orange County Convention Center is only 1 mile away. You can take care of your shopping needs at Florida Mall or The Mall at Millenia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn Convention Center i-Drive Hotel Orlando
- Ramada Inn Orlando
- Ramada Inn i Drive
- Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center Florida