“We stayed and extra day in Orlando.”
Review of Rosen Plaza Hotel

Rosen Plaza Hotel
Ranked #67 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 12 April 2012

After a Friday to Friday week in Orlando, we (Daddy, Mommy, 5 yrs, 2 yrs) decided that we wanted to stay an extra day and go back home Sat. instead of Friday. (Magic Kingdom was open late so we decided to close the park Friday night. So the plan was Thursday morning, log onto Hotwire, find at least a 3 star good deal, book it, an we had a place to lay our heads before the drive home. Good Ole Hotwire was dealing a 4 star for total price 66 dollars and some change on south international drive. So we said, "book it DANNO". Being very familiar with I-Drive I knew it would be ok. Convention center area is south and everything is nice so you probably want go wrong. Rosen Plaza won. So let me be clear that for what we wanted, it was fine. Info: I'm sure we got the cheapest, smallest room in the place just because of Hotwire rate. And that was fine. Typical hotel room. Was somewhat up to date. It was clean. It had modern things, Flat screen, bedding, bath tile, counters etc. But mind you just average. This is a convention style Hotel. I understand about paying for parking, but I don't like it. Note: If its crowded you will probably have to park a pretty good little walk if you end up behind the hotel. It was so crowded the night we was there they let us park free so that saved 14-16 dollars. I would not give our room a 4 star by no means, 2 maybe 2.5. A new Holiday Inn Express is just as nice. Now the place and its location and amenities I would give a 3. So I would not have been happy paying more that 89 for this room considering what type room we had. But again we came in late laid our heads down, had a late check out, got up, bathed, and was out. Served our purpose. We come to Orlando 2-3 times a year for a week each time. We are use to staying in 2-3 bedroom resorts with fabulous amenities. (Marriott, Sheraton, Etc.) This place is a Convention Hotel. I would not recommend for families to stay a week here while visiting parks. Even if you got the whole week for 5 or 6 hundred dollars total, if you are the least bit INTERNET savvy, you can find resort deals out there that gives you 1200-2000 square feet of living for the same price. That's what we do. Hotwire, Priceline are what we use for one nighters like we used this time. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice place, 3 star to me. But we felt clean and safe and that's what we want in a one night stays. So thanks Rosen for using Hotwire. We took advantage like many others that night because they said at check in that they were sold out because of the Sale. Keep it up. People need breaks every chance they can get.

Room Tip: We always try to say when we check in that we know we have a Discount rate, but, can we besure to ge...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ReviewsYOUcanTrust
There are newer reviews for Rosen Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The rooms are well appointed, service friendly, and location very good. Expect clean accommodation, on-and-off housekeeping, long walk to your car, and paper-thin walls. At just over US$ 50 per night it is a deal hard to beat, that is, if you're not driving, eating, using the net, or receiving packages. If you are, however, this will set you back as follows: $14/day for parking, $12,50 per person for breakfast, $ 9,95 for the internet, and $10 per package received. If you will be using any of the above, you might be as well off staying at a Hamptonn Inn.

Room Tip: Drive all the way to the end of the parking lot, on the right hand side of the property, - it'll...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We had a great stay at the Rosen Plaza. Check in was very friendly and fast, our room was to double beds just as I had asked for. The room was on the 9th floor with a great view of the pool. The maid service was great, room was cleaned every day, new towels beds made and couldn't have asked for more. The Fast Bite store was kinda pricey but very handy for snacks, we made a trip to Walgreens and stocked our frig with water, milk and snacks. We had the breakfast buffet one morning and everything was very good! We enjoyed the pool and there were always clean towels and chairs open. The only thing I didn't like was no free internet, I think WIFI should be free! Great place for going to Orlando theme parks.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I got a great deal on this hotel during this past Easter weekend, saw some negative reviews and was worried if I made the right choice. For starters I saw they even had an easter egg hunt Sunday morning by the pool for the kids for hotel guests. Which although do not have kids I was impressed they did the effort to do more for the families that weekend when most other hotels do not.

Here is my review. I have stayed in hotels all over the world, including many 5 star hotels and etc. This hotel was clean, has a fine dining restaurant which is $20 an entree average, and has a prime rib buffet at night for like $18. They have a bar in the lobby, as well as a 24 hour convenience store/ deli/ pizza place. The pool is not bad as well.

Check in and Check Out: super easy, nice staff.
Parking: plenty of parking only one night had to park around the back and was a 30 second walk into the back entrance.
Surroundings: Across the street there is a mall with great restaurants and nightlife.
Rooms: Great soaps given, clean rooms, spacious, comfortable bed and pillows.

The negative: their club on site was not impressive. But I really did not care, most hotels I stay at do not even have a club, and I do not stay at a hotel for a good club. Also, there is a BB KING Club, Irish Pub, and Cuba Libre club across the street if you really want to go to a club.

When I go to Orlando, I go to the theme parks and etc. I do not stay at the hotel all day. Yes, I have seen nicer pools, but I paid $400 a night for those type of hotels (split it with a friend) and we hardly used the pool and other things. Even at check in I was asked if I want a low floor or high floor room, furthermore, check in is at 3pm I checked in before 12pm because I arrived early and no problem to get the room and they were very friendly.

This hotel is a great value, clean, comfortable, and nice. I have paid a lot more for a lot less. I am very picky and enjoyed this hotel, service and everything else very much and felt comfortable and happy there. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

ADVICE: Call, join their mailing list, or look around. They offer some great deals!

Room Tip: ADVICE: Call, join their mailing list, or look around via google. They offer some great deals!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We took a weekend away as we were going to Sea World's Easter Sunrise Service and this hotel is about 10 minutes from Sea World. We were so pleased with our room, the pool area, and the restaurants that we only left the hotel for the service and spent the rest of our time in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

A very nice hotel with OK rooms and good restaurants

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Have stayed here a few times. The hotel is located at the end of I-drive near Seaworld and across from the Pointe Orlando.

The pool area is lovely with loads of seats. The rooms are nice, and a good size. The hotel bar is not great and basically part of the lobby. The supermarket is very handy. There is a small Starbucks but only opens for a few hours in the morning which is annoying!

• Stayed: November 2011