Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North
Heart of I-Drive(Orlando)
  • Breakfast included
The M hotel(Orlando)
1,203 results
All reviewsinternational drivedunkin donutscomplimentary breakfastroad noiseroom was cleangreat hotelthe breakfast areauniversal studiosconvention centermickey wafflessofa bedwould definitely stay here againfront desk staffyogurtsea worlddrivewayparks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed at this Hampton Inn with a large mini bus. Parking for it was adequate. Would not advise Motor Coaches or Large Greyhound bus sized RV's to park here due to a sudden driveway incline from the street that can get those vehicles hung up.
Property itself is decent. Had the comp breakfast and oatmeal is served every morning, YAY! I wished they would have put raisins, walnuts, cinnamon and chocolate chips for the oatmeal. Brown sugar and slivered almonds is not enough garnishes for oatmeal. The fitness center really could use some weight machines or free weights. The supposed heated pool that is outdoors was not warm. Could not use :-(.
The Wi-Fi was very erratic even with a recently updated iPod touch. I was in a King Suite which is one room with a sofa pull out bed and had a kitchenette area with a small sink, microwave and 2 door under counter fridge that has a separate freezer. The location of the tv cabinet was in a weird spot to where I had to look to the left while laying down to watch a tube TV set. They really need to get rid of that cabinet and that old school TV set and get a flat panel mounted on the wall or a different piece of furniture. Otherwise the room was decent and the bed was comfortable.
For the folks who are very light sleepers, I would recommend that you get a room closer to the miniature golf course. Or there is another Hampton Inn about 1.5 miles away on S. Kirkman Rd
that is alot farther away from I-4. I was able to sleep no problem although there would be those hopped up Honda's and others roaring down I-4 here and there.
I hope this property will get some improvements soon. I have come to like Hampton Inns the best since they are great towards folks like my self who travel alot.

Room Tip: Book room far away from I-4 if you a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank penguinlimo
hamptoninnidrive, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Overall, not a bad hotel at all and I would stay here again, but I would not prepay and I would advise others against doing that until you make absolutely sure that you are getting what you are paying for upon your arrival. I booked and pre-paid for a 2-queen suite with a sofa bed. Upon arrival I found my room to be a regular 2-queen room. I called the desk and the young lady that answered was rude and very unhelpful, telling me basically "tough luck". The following morning I asked for management and the lady that helped while waiting on Joel to assist me was very polite and helpful. She found that someone in my reserved room had decided to extend their stay. She told Joel what she had noted and he promptly made the situation right by moving us into a suite. They even offered to move our belongings for us, but we opted to do this ourselves since we had already scattered things out for a 4-night stay. Joel apologized for the problem our first night and said there would be something in our room to "make it right", but nothing ever appeared and there was no credit applied to my credit card even though the suite was about $30 more per night than the standard 2-queen room, so I'm very disappointed about that. The standard room and suite were both spotlessly clean. The beds were very comfortable with 3 pillows on each bed. The duvet covers are laundered after each guest and I like that immensely because that means you have completely clean linens from top to bottom for your bed. Their Internet connection was horrible. I nor my son could stay connected for more then five or ten minutes max before the connection was lost. This was an every night/day situation. The continental breakfast included waffles, eggs, gravy, etc, throughout the 4 days of our stay and was actually quite decent. Ample parking with a well-lit parking lot. Refrigerator and microwave in each room, but old tube TV's. Water pressure for showering wasn't so great, but there was ample hot water and nice clean plush bath linens. I will add, due to moving my son from the Disney College Program, we had no choice but to leave numerous valuables in our room including a guitar, computer, etc, during our stay and nothing was ever touched, and in appreciation for the honesty we tipped well to the housekeeping crew. No matter which side of the hotel your room is on, I-4 is right outside the window and if traffic bothers you, you may want to look elsewhere. We were so exhausted after our activities that it didn't affect us. The area surrounding the Hampton Inn isn't a very upscale area and actually seemed a bit seedy in my opinion. The better end of International Drive is further south; however, this hotel is all of maybe 5 minutes away from that area. Easy access to I-4 from this hotel by turning right out of the parking lot and right on Sand Lake. Numerous decent food choices in the area. The putt-putt course that is just about in the parking lot was fun to play.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to International Drive so you are away from I-4 traffic sounds.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Whizzz46

Reviewed 20 December 2011

This is a great hotel to stay at. The room was clean and tidy, and the staff was polite and friendly. Check in was quick and easy. A hot breakfast is available in the morning, with lots of space to sit and eat. The hotel is just off International Drive, and close to Universal and Wet & Wild. It does have a pool, and lots of space to park your vehicle. And as an added bonus, there is a miniature golf course next to the hotel.
The hotel itself is close to Interstate 4 which means that in the still and dead of night you may or may not hear the traffic on the Interstate depending on where your room is located. I personally did NOT have any issues with traffic noise.
This is an excellent place to stay, great location and price, clean rooms, breakfast, and polite staff. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoePublic5461

Reviewed 13 December 2011

This was one of the nicest and cleanest Hampton Inn's I ever stayed at. Stayed in #602 which was a King Suite. The towels and tissues folded into fans was a charming touch, as was the towel elephant on the table holding a pack of matches...LOL! The ambience of the room was very pleasant and relaxing and offered a great view of I-4 and I Drive heading south. Front desk staff extremely courteous and helpful. Nice variety offered for breakfast. Although the address is International Drive, it was far enough back from the roadway to offer security and quiet. If I had to find *anything* to complain about this hotel, room #602 was too close to I-4 and the traffic woke me up several times during the night; but that isn't the hotel's fault. During this same trip, I also stayed at an Embassy Suites and a Hilton...and was pleasantly surprised to admit that this Hampton suite was nicer than either of the other two places I stayed. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The suites are great, but do ask for one at the opposite end of I-4 if traffic during the night bothers you.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank bleifuss

Reviewed 20 November 2011

We actually booked this hotel by mistake thinking we were staying at another Hampton Inn property. However, despite our initial frustration we were pleasantly surprised with the room size and quality. 2 full size queen beds which were extremely comfortable and nothing to complain about whatsoever. We didn't take breakfast but it did look pretty basic. Free tea and coffee is available throughout the day as well as in rooms. Staff were friendly and helpful. Overall, we were very pleased with our mistake and could recommend this hotel for both business and leisure. No thrills but very functional, clean and a great price.

Room Tip: Make sure you book the right hotel in future !
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business