“Exceeds expectations”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Ranked #56 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
“Exceeds expectations”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Following our previous booking with Expedia and the hassle and disappointment, i am pleased to say that our direct booking with the hotel has been a great success and we are all delighted with the accommodation and above and beyond the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank cjsutcliffe
KBeears, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear CJ Sutcliffe:
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with the readers of Tripadvisor. My team was especially thrilled to hear your comments regarding their friendliness and I know they really enjoy going above and beyond for our guests. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and when your travels bring you back to Orlando we do hope to see you again.

Keith Beears

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Finnish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We stayed in Orlando for 5 nights to go to theme parks and this was a great place to stay because it was an easy 10 minute walk from Wet N Wild and there was a steak house nearby as well as a Walgreens, iHOP and Red Lobster.
Our room was a 1 bedroom suite with 2 comfortable queen beds. There were 2 couples staying in the room and there was plenty of room for our luggage. There was a TV in the bedroom and in the lounge and the lounge also had a 2-3 seater sofa bed, an arm chair, a coffee table and a desk. There was also a kitchen/kitchenette which had a full size fridge/freezer, a microwave, 2 burner electric stove, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, frypan, 2 small saucepans, basic range of cooking utensils, cutlery and crockery for 4 and a small table with 2 chairs.
There was a complementary breakfast which included: muffins, juice (orange, cranberry, apple), french toast fingers, scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, 3 types of cereal, yoghurt, tea and coffee. A light dinner served with wine, beer and softdrink was also provided from 5-7pm on Monday to Thursday nights which was a great money saver.Even though it was called a light dinner, it was enough to fill us up.
Other facilities provided were a guest laundry, a fitness room (it has weights, cardio machines and scales), a games room (it has arcade games, air hockey and car racing games - and well-priced at 50 cents a game), and a pool. We were also able to use the pool at the Hilton Garden Inn which was next door.

This is a great place for a family to stay, especially during the week as you get the free light dinner and I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sarah K
Dear Sarah K:
Thank you so much for your comprehensive review of our hotel and services. It is always so nice to receive positive feedback from our guests and we truly enjoy having the opportunity to serve you. Our goal is to be your home away from home, especially on those extended visits to our city and the entire team enjoys having the opportunity to get to know our guests. Thanks again for your helpful review and if your travels bring you back to Orlando we do hope to see you again.

North Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This was the third hotel that my boyfriend and I stayed at on our 5 day trip to Florida. We were here for two nights- February 5th and 6th. We chose this hotel based on the distance to Universal Studios. When we first arrived, we were there much earlier than the check-in time of 3pm. They had a room for us anyway and even gave us a few choices of which floor we wanted to be on. We chose the first floor and stayed in room 106. They were very friendly at the counter and answered a few of my questions including how far Universal Studios was from the hotel. He told me less than a mile so we decided to walk there. :-)

Before we left for the park, we brought our bags to our room. I was amazed that this room had a kitchen, living room and huge bedroom. I also liked that it had the sink area in the bathroom separate from the toilet and tub. The room was extremely clean and fresh looking. I felt like I was home. We then headed to the park which was indeed, a short walk and not a bad one considering the temps for February were just around 76 degrees. (nice)

Once we returned from the park, we decided to go for a swim. We were also told that we could use the hotel next door (I think it was a Hilton) as they are the same company owners. That hotel also had a nice tiki bar outside so keep that in mind if you go.
In addition to the pool at at Homewood Suites, they have a large dining area and were setup to serve a free breakfast and I also hear they have a dinner set up on week nights but we were not around to check this out. I do not know the cost for the dinner. The hotel also has a computer area (2 computers that I saw) and a nice gym.

We returned to our room after being out at the City Walk all night (Universal Studios.. I highly recommend Emerils) and retired to a very comfortable bed. There was no outside noise to bother us at all. Perfect.

The next day we headed to Disney (Hollywood Studios) which is also not a far drive. It took us about 15-20 minutes. Once we returned and went to our room, I was amazed at how much they clean up. All of my toiletry items were neatly placed on the sink area with my jewelry (cheap stuff) placed in a glass. My ONLY complaint is that they moved some items such as my hair brushes to a drawer. I went crazy ripping my suitcase apart then the room looking for my brush. I finally found it in a drawer along with some other items I had. I don't think they should move items to drawers but that is my personal opinion.

Overall, we had a very nice stay and I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is there for the parks. It's a great environment for a family especially on a budget because of the room and the full kitchen. Pictures will be uploaded separately.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tecknik
Dear Tecknik:
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with our family here at Homewood Suites. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide a comprehensive review with helpful information for our future guests and for my team. We strive hard to provide all of the comforts of home and the friendly atmosphere to make our guests feel welcome and appreciated. Your input regarding housekeeping was especially helpful as it helped us to be able to re-train the Housekeeping team not to place items in drawers. This input helps us to correct concerns we would not otherwise be able to identify and allows us to better serve all of our guests.
Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando.

country WA
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Our family of 5 (2A/3 teens) stayed here while visiting the Universal parks and it was ideal. We caught the comp shuttle everyday. The times suited us as we stayed in the parks all day. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was fine. We stayed clear of the scrambled eggs as we had discovered that we felt unwell after eating them at previous hotels.( must be a premix that they use) however all other food was fine. We did not take advantage of the complimentary evening meals as we were usually out and about. The only negative incident was when a fellow guest let his preteen daughter do their laundry and she put their wet washed clothes into the dryer on top of my almost dry clothes before the cycle had finished.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank iloveholidays077
Akron, OH
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I took my teen and preteen daughters to Universal the weekend of January 20. We initially were going to stay at a resort but had to change plans at the last minute. I have had great experiences with Homewood Suites in the past and thought i would give the Orlando location a try. I must say, the staff was outstanding! They were welcoming and helpful from the moment we walked in the door. They were able to arrange transportation and followed up with a restaurant to make a reservation on our behalf. They offer a shuttle to the park that leaves three times in the morning and has three evening pick ups. The complimentary breakfast was OK - typical of most places. Housekeeping was just average though, not replacing our drinking glasses - assuming we would perhaps wash them ourselves. If the weather is not too hot you can walk to Universal however the entrance to the park is a little tricky, especially if traveling with kids, so we preferred the shuttle service. The place is across the street from a Walgreens and close to dining. Perfect for couples or families. A definite 5 starts for customer service, but overall 4 stars due to housekeeping.

Room Tip: If you want a room that faces the direction of the parks, you will be facing out towards the express...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank BarnzGirls
KBeears, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear BarnzGirls:
Thank you so much for sharing your glowing review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It really makes my day to have the opportunity to share comments such as yours with my team, and I know they truly enjoy going out of their way to help our guests. I also appreciate your feedback regarding Housekeeping as this helps us to identify opportunities to improve, and I would welcome any additional recommendations you have to help us make things even better for our guests. Comments such as yours are what makes our jobs rewarding. If your travels bring you back to Orlando, we do hope to see you again.

Red Deer
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Just returned from Orlando and thought this property deserved a strong review. The rooms were spacious and clean,beds were comfortable, and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank LTRaider
Dear LTRaider:
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to hear that my team was successful in helping to make you feel at home and have an enjoyable visit to our city. Comments such as yours are what makes our jobs rewarding. If your travels bring you back to Orlando, we do hope to see you again.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I think that this hotel has its advantages being located so close to Universal. It is conveniently located on I-Drive and has many amenities available, such as restaurants, convenience stores/drug stores, and local shopping.

In my experience, the majority of the front desk staff seemed friendly and willing to accommodate most needs, just one female desk clerk did not smile which made her appear unfriendly (name begins with a V); the housekeeping staff was also friendly and responded promptly to requests, including removing feather down pillows due to allergies. The hotel room was cleaned daily, although, I think bedding could be changed every two days, instead of three as noted by the hotel policy. But if a guest requests it, it was changed daily.

My family of six stayed over the Christmas and New Year holidays which is a very busy time in Orlando. The hotel was booked solid and I found this greatly affected the breakfast situation. The breakfast staff despite being limited to only two people,worked diligently to meet the needs of the large amount of hotel guests. They were pleasant and willing to go out of their way to serve our food needs, and even opened up the meeting room when there were not enough tables and chairs to sit at. I did however find the breakfast food was adequate. Most times it was greasy especially the bacon, sausage. ( NO offense to the chef!) Maybe these food items are greasy by nature. There was a variety of fresh fruit, yoghurt, bagels, bread and cereals. Coffee and juice was included which was nice. My kids especially loved the Waffle station. I would personally like to thank (Maria, Alto and Max, whom I spoke to several times and thanked them for their dedication and great service) You are wonderful people who deserve a big raise!!!) My family appreciated your friendliness and welcoming smiles each morning we had our breakfast.
But the fact that breakfast is included helped save guests money during the vacation. We only tried the evening light meal once during our twelve-day stay, and the food was good and fresh. I think that is a nice perk for those on a budget. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others and would definitely return should we travel to the Orlando area in the future.

Room Tip: We requested a smoke free floor, also room facing the pool so it was fairly quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Karen S
Dear Karen S:
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a comprehensive review of our hotel. My Food Service team has your comments proudly posted in the kitchen and it was so nice to see the smiles on their faces when they saw what you had to say. I also appreciate the additional feedback you provided as it helps me identify opportunities to help other team members be more successful. I know they all truly enjoy meeting new people and helping our guests. If your travels bring you back to Orlando, we do hope to see you again.