Stayed here in February of 2012 on points for one night, paid a pretty penny on points (30,000 + 20,000 to upgrade to a suite)
When we arrived at 1pm they said they had upgraded us to the presidential suite for being a gold Marriott member, but that our room wasn't ready. They asked us to go enjoy the resort and that they would call me phone when the room was ready. At around 3pm we received a call asking if we would like to get an original booked suite or wait for 30 minutes for them to finish the cleaning of the presidential suite. We chose to wait, who wouldn't?
By 4:30 pm my wife and I were starting to get agitated as our kids had not napped yet and I wanted to shower and eat something. So we went to the front desk to complain. The room was still not ready. They apologized and after much complaining they sent us to the restaurant with a 75.00$ credit for us to eat and relax. During dinner they told us our room was ready and that after dinner someone from the front desk was going to escort us to our room. After dinner they greeted our kids with some free stuffed animals and rather large cookies for the kids to enjoy and brought us up to the suite on the 21st floor. They offered to extend out check in until 6pm the next day so we could at least enjoy ourselves before our flights out of Orlando.
Valet Parking was 25.00$ a day as adverstised before hand and did not receive any free breakfast as part of Marriott's frequent guest programs. (resorts are excluded in the terms and conditions and this is a resort)
Hotel was great, except for out little incident with check in. Grounds were well kept, lazy river/pool was fantastic. Staff all looked happy to be there overall was a great hotel, wished we stayed longer than 1 night.
My first time staying at the upscape JW and will definately be staying again at others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott
- JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes Florida