“Nice place for a sales meeting / congress”

JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #74 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights in March for a sales meeting. Place is nice with great service. Nice pool (river pool with current). I would not recommend this hotel for vacation as most of the people are there for big meetings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool/golf side
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,311)

Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is a terrific JW Marriott property adjacent to a Ritz-Carlton Hotel in the Grande Lakes development. The arrival experience is impressive--from drive-up through check-in. The hotel has a large, open, airy, and beautifully-decorated lobby, a terrific bar, and two very nice restaurant options. I ate at Primo (at the bar since I was traveling alone) and had a terrific experience. I like the citrus theme that runs through (including the citrus-infused water available near the front desk).

The guestrooms are large, very well-maintained, clean, and the furnishings are high-end. The beds are very comfortable, and the bedding is just the right weight. The bathroom was large with a separate tub and shower and a two sink vanity. Plenty of nice towels. They do a turndown service that is first rate--picking up and replacing towels that might have been used during the day, emptying the trash, and replacing the bathroom amenities. And, the housekeeping staff is very friendly and helpful.

The workout facility, which is shared with the Ritz-Carlton, is large and well-equipped.

The staff is exceptional and very attentive to detail but not overbearing--subtle and sophisticated. This was the second time I've stayed at this hotel (the first time was 6+ years ago), and the overall experience has just gotten better with time. Terrific for business or conferences, and I can see that it would be a very nice experience for a family as well (especially with the lazy river).

Definitely my first choice in Orlando.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with the JW Orlando! I used some points for a free night at the JW after spending 5 long days within Disney properties. I came here specifically for some R&R.

I had the executive suite which was on the 16th floor - very open, very spacious, very clean and had a nice small balcony. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom had all the nice amenities.

I spent most of my time at the very nice outdoor pool area. The pool is massive with a small lazy river. There are also two hot tubs. The service at the pool was very slow and it was not a busy day so I would not expect there best in this area. I was also disappointed in the lounge chairs (should be much nicer given the price of this hotel).

Overall - it is a nice choice for Orlando. A few small improvements and it could be top notch. It just needs some better service (similar to the FS and Ritz). One example was trying to call the concierge a few different times for a restaurant recco and ended up just booking myself after being unable to reach anyone. The valet service was also very slow.

Dined at Bice - at the Loews Portofino - very good choice.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the executive suite - worth the price
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This resort has the best personalized experience I have ever received. My friend and my daughter took a short trip to Orlando for a girls mini-vacation. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very professional staff. Jessica at the front desk (elite check-in) was very excited for our trip and was quick to answer all of our questions. She put us on the 23rd floor and had our letter readily available for our pre-paid breakfast. She wished us well and directed us to our room. The grounds were absolutely stunning! Our room was clean, with an amazing view. I can't say enough about the facilities and all of the resort. To top it off, we received a wonderful gift bag from Jessica with snacks in it to add to our fun weekend! We didn't want to leave! We will make it a point to visit this resort regularly! Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone because the rooms were NOT as it was on the pictures on the Internet, the sheets were dirty, We were so disgusted we brought new sheets for the bed we wanted our money back but we were told we could not get a refund. They were NOT helpful at all. Never again.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Dexter J
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The rooms were spacious and as expected for a four star hotel. The showers were rather feeble and the bathroom water did remind me of the smell of the sulphurous water in Iceland. The location is quiet but not too far from the usual attractions. The food was good although room service took quite a while so I recommend eating in the restaurants where possible. There is a Starbucks downstairs and a couple of gift shops. You can buy tickets for some attractions from the Concierge. I recommend booking your own transport though or using one of the cabs outside the hotel and not booking it via the hotel. Reasonable value overall.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have balconies so check if you want one.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We took a trip to Orlando (husband and 6year old boy) from December 26th to January 1st and stayed at thisproperty - I have to admit we used point solely. Anyway - the property was lovely - pools and play areas gorgeous..lakes and golf course stunning. But the rooms? Well, let's just say that the room was that of "regular" Marriott but no where near JW quality..Our room was "worn" - decor was from that of the 90's. the bathroom was so tiny it was hard to have more than one person in it. Luckily our stay in Orland required travel and no so much room time, so it was not that big of a deal, however - the rooms definitely could use an overhaul. One great thing is that this property is connected to the Ritz and you can use that property as well - beautiful!!!

Room Tip: Check our the Ritc's kids club - much better than the Marriott's
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family