I agree with the other reviews that it is one of the nicest places I've stayed at. It was very pricey in my opinion though especially for a family with small children. They do provide a refrigerator upon request and did not charge us for it, which helped keep breakfast costs down. They do not have microwaves though. We wished we would have requested a balcony since our room did not have one.
I loved the pool area and we went in early May, so it was not crowded at all. They have a lazy river, but you have to pay for the round pool floats and other pool related floats and toys averaging $5 to $10. We did find that many guests leave them in the pool at night at the end of their stay so they don't have to take it on the plane. You may be able to find an abandoned one or someone giving theirs away if it's not during peak season.
Since we had kids, there was only one restaurant that was really kid friendly and somewhat affordable, (Citron). It still averaged $20+ adult and $10+ child for dinner not including drinks, tax, and gratuity. There is an automatic gratuity on all food purchased in the pool area regardless of if you're at a table or lounge chair. I ordered a diet coke and it was $4 before the automatic tip. We were told there is a Chinese restaurant (Pearls?) that delivers but it was at the end of our stay. There really aren't any restaurants in walking distance other than those on the property.
Our kids loved the JW Activity Center located in the building behind the pool and playground area. They also have kids activities planned throughout the day and early evening. You can drop off kids over 5yrs old at Ritz Kids and have a date night too for a fee of course. Unfortunately, our kids were too young, but it is a nice idea. I just wished they would lower the age to 3yrs old.
They have a spa at the Ritz. A 50 minute regular massage is $130 and they add a automatic 20% gratuity as well, so it was over $150. If you forget a makeup item, they have a gift shop that sells makeup. It actually was affordable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury experience at JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in Orlando, Florida, which sits in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott
- JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes Florida