“Location, Location, Location...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 333 Hotels in Orlando
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Location, Location, Location...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

This review is a little late, we stayed in November (got busy, what can I say). Perfect location for EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Since my husband and I tend to spend most of our time at EPCOT (especially during the food and wine festival) - this location is ideal as we walked to the park in about 5 minutes. Short ferry ride to Hollywood. (You can also walk to Hollywood, but we took the ferry each time -it was a nice change from taking a bus). We had a small efficiency which was perfect for the two of us - coffee maker, microwave, fridge in the room. I can't speak to the Boardwalk itself as we spent most of our time in the parks. I would return to Boardwalk in a second!!! I have been to Disney 5 times - this and Animal Kingdom lodge are by far my favorites but this does beat AK for its location. Staff at Boardwalk were extremely helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fstkst

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Korean first
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Last week was my 2nd stay at the Boardwalk Villas and we had a blast (previous trip was February 2011)! This is an absolutely fantastic place to stay when visiting Disney with young ones. My youngest is 3 years old, so the separate bedroom was perfect for his naps. Plus, there is a full (small) kitchen and washer/dryer in the room. You can stock up on snacks/water at the general store that is on the boardwalk...gallons of water for $3 instead of $2.50 per bottle everywhere else. Not only are the amenities great, but you can comfortably walk to and from Epcot (great for after the 9 pm fireworks show), Hollywood Studios is a short boat ride away (walk to the Dolphin/Swan hotel stop to cut off 10-15 minutes from your boat ride), there are great restraurants (particularly Kouzzina by Cat Cora), and there is nightly entertainment on the boardwalk itself!!! The downside is that the property itself is starting to show its age, so the rooms are not quite as posh as you would expect for the price you are paying. All in all, love this hotel for the location and amenities, and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: This is a pretty huge property, so try to get a room close to the elevators and transportation.
1 Thank cassie3375
Daytona Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My daughter and I go to Disney for "Spa Weekend" every year. We usually stay at Saratoga where the spa is, but decided to stay at Boardwalk because of the location. That was the only good thing. Checking in was fine. We were in a one bedroom. It had the door connecting to the next room, which was occupied. It was as though the people next door were in the room with us. My daughter was up until they decided to call go to bed. The cups in the cabinet weren't clean. A housekeeping cart stayed outside our room the entire stay. I realize we were two doors down from their room, but it was annoying. Also the custodial carts stayed outside the room so our room, which was supposed to be garden view was custodial cart view. We stayed 3 nights and when we got up this morning to leave, I wasn't feeling well. I called to see if there was a way to delay check-out until I was sure I could make it out to the car and was told we could have a 30 minute extension. If we were not timeshare, they would accommodate a 2 hour extension, but we were time share so we had to leave by 11:30 or stay an extra day. We started taking things to the car at 10:55(it's quite the hike to the parking lot-- valet is $12 per day). When we got back to the room to get the rest of the stuff at 11:10, housekeeping had already thrown stuff away and started cleaning. It was disappointing since the points for Boardwalk are more. The guy who checked us in was great, but after that...

Room Tip: Don't get a connecting room unless you know the people. The noise from the next room is really...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Gail F
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I have stayed at the Boardwalk 3 times since August. It has the best location on the Disney property for adults, but was always great for our kids when they were young too. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean. I love that we can prepare food and snacks, not only because is saves money but saves time too. I went twice with my husband who loves to do his daily run around the lake, last week I met my adult daughter who had not been for a while and she loved the feeling of home that it had. Having the
Boardwalk Villa's as our home resort is one of the best investments we made for family fun. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All rooms are good if you learn to use the stairwells instead of going through the lobby all the tim...
1 Thank Elizabeth C
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Just spent three wonderful nights at Disneys Boardwalk Villas, and loved it! It was the perfect place to celebrate Valentines Day. We parked our car, and never had to move it again. The location is perfect, with everything within walking distance. If you want to go visit another resort, one of the parks, or Downtown Disney, Disney provides transportation, by boat, bus, or monorail. The Hotel was immaculate, and our room quite spacious. A great place to bring the family. Looking forward to checking out another Disney Resort, in the not too distant future.....

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor which was real quiet. I don't think I would want to be near the pool a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Geneva, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Reading some of the other recent reviews, it's hard to believe we stayed in the same place! Yes, the location is stellar, but I have nothing else positive to say. We had a one bedroom villa. My first impression was that it smelled musty as we entered. And then it all went downhill. The room was extremely dated, but that could be overlooked. What couldn't was the fact that the room was filthy! The couch was terribly stained. There were crumbs on the kitchen counter and toothpaste with hair stuck in it in the bathrooms. When we pulled out the bed in the couch for our daughters, there were pieces of chocolate (I hope) ground into the blanket. Not stained, because they came up when we scratched at them with our nails--they just never changed the bedding. We had to call down for new bedding and 45 minutes later they still weren't there. Our little girls fell asleep on makeshift beds of their own blankets!

The next day we demanded a new room and they did give us half off the first night. BUT, the next room was worse (you'd think if a customer complained of a dirty room, you'd check the next one first)! Stained couch, crumbs and coffee grounds on the counters, food on the floor, and an obviously used sponge for dishes were not the worst of it. The bathrooms were DISGUSTING! Little hairs on the floor and in the tub and DRIED URINE on the toilet seat! No joke! I was beyond shocked and disappointed after having gone on the Disney Dream less than a year before with immaculate conditions and service!

This time we demanded to switch properties. We were moved to Bay Lake Towers which was clean, beautiful, and everything we expected from Disney! I just wish we hadn't missed an entire day of tickets to take of a problem we shouldn't have had in the first place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank misshall02
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Typically, we stay at Disney's Saratoga Springs for our yearly visit to Disney World because of it's convenient location to Downtown Disney. This year, we decided to stay at The Boardwalk instead and it was awesome! I personally don't think you can go wrong with any Disney hotel, but the Boardwalk was extremely convenient. We enjoy an "adult" Disney and do not have kids, so we loved the location near Jellyrolls and other night time spots. There are plenty of family-friendly options also, including the "street" performers. Also, Epcot and Hollywood Studio's are a short walk away, and since those are the parks that we visit most, it couldn't have worked out better!

Room Tip: Stay near the "quiet" pool if you enjoy grilling out.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple