“Great room and perfect location”

Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Ranked #46 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Eagan, Minnesota
“Great room and perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Went 2nd week in January. A great time to visit WDW, it's the off-season and crowds were low. Weather was intermittent, with some days on the 70's and others in the 50's. Dress in layers.

The Boardwalk was not our first choice, so I was a little hesitant, but it turned out great. We rented a one-bedroom villa. My wife and I stayed in the king bedroom and our two daughters (age 5 and 8) shared the pull-out sofa in the living room. The room was clean and in good condition. The bathroom was large, with toilet, sink, and shower and there's a separate room w/ whirlpool tub, sink and closet. The kitchen is compact, but had a full-size fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher. There's a washer/dryer in the room. Because we were not timeshare owners, you get daily maid service. All utensils were provided, plus dishwasher soap, dish soap, and laundry detergent. There's also a safe in the room (free). Didn't use wifi. We used Garden Grocer to deliver groceries for breakfast, and the delivery was waiting for us when we arrived.

The room has a small balcony and overlooked the pool area. Even though the pool is open at night, we didn't have any noise issues - probably due to the cold weather. On those days when it was warm enough we used the pool. My kids loved it; just the right size for them. There's both a regular pool and a kiddie pool, plus a large slide. If you are looking for more, stay at another resort or hit the water parks. There's also a snack bar and family restroom. Towels were plentiful.

The decor of the resort is lovely, I felt like I was walking onto the set of "Boardwalk Empire". We ate at two of the restaurants, Big River Grill and Kouzzina. Both had good food, prices were typical for Disney. Tip: Don't sit outside at Big River - lots of seagulls who don't have any fear of tourists.

The location was the best part - it's part of the "Epcot Resorts" - you can walk to Epcot (a bit long for little kids) and Hollywood Studios (even longer), but the best way to both is by boat. A very quick and leisurely trip. You arrive at the back entrance of Epcot, close to the World Showcase, which is perfect for dinner.

Transport to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom is by bus - about 30 and 45 minutes, respectively. Not as nice, but it gets you there.

If you are worried about staying at a timeshare, don't. There's no high-pressure sales. In fact, except for the timeshare sales desk in the lobby, you wouldn't know you were in the timeshare section. Disney has a good reputation for being very low-key about timeshare sales.

I would definitely stay there again and have no hesitancy about recommending it to others.

Room Tip: Use Garden Grocer for grocery delivery and save $$ on meals, especially breakfast
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Korean first
Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was without a doubt the best place to stay on Disney's property. So convenient to Disney Studios and you can walk to Epcot. The boardwalk was lively and busy in the evenings. We stayed in a one bedroom with a great view of the pool. The unit was very neat and very clean. I would definitely stay her again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators as there are only one bank of elevators in the villas.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dana64
Warminster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

This review is a little late, we stayed in November (got busy, what can I say). Perfect location for EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Since my husband and I tend to spend most of our time at EPCOT (especially during the food and wine festival) - this location is ideal as we walked to the park in about 5 minutes. Short ferry ride to Hollywood. (You can also walk to Hollywood, but we took the ferry each time -it was a nice change from taking a bus). We had a small efficiency which was perfect for the two of us - coffee maker, microwave, fridge in the room. I can't speak to the Boardwalk itself as we spent most of our time in the parks. I would return to Boardwalk in a second!!! I have been to Disney 5 times - this and Animal Kingdom lodge are by far my favorites but this does beat AK for its location. Staff at Boardwalk were extremely helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fstkst
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Last week was my 2nd stay at the Boardwalk Villas and we had a blast (previous trip was February 2011)! This is an absolutely fantastic place to stay when visiting Disney with young ones. My youngest is 3 years old, so the separate bedroom was perfect for his naps. Plus, there is a full (small) kitchen and washer/dryer in the room. You can stock up on snacks/water at the general store that is on the boardwalk...gallons of water for $3 instead of $2.50 per bottle everywhere else. Not only are the amenities great, but you can comfortably walk to and from Epcot (great for after the 9 pm fireworks show), Hollywood Studios is a short boat ride away (walk to the Dolphin/Swan hotel stop to cut off 10-15 minutes from your boat ride), there are great restraurants (particularly Kouzzina by Cat Cora), and there is nightly entertainment on the boardwalk itself!!! The downside is that the property itself is starting to show its age, so the rooms are not quite as posh as you would expect for the price you are paying. All in all, love this hotel for the location and amenities, and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: This is a pretty huge property, so try to get a room close to the elevators and transportation.
1 Thank cassie3375
Daytona Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My daughter and I go to Disney for "Spa Weekend" every year. We usually stay at Saratoga where the spa is, but decided to stay at Boardwalk because of the location. That was the only good thing. Checking in was fine. We were in a one bedroom. It had the door connecting to the next room, which was occupied. It was as though the people next door were in the room with us. My daughter was up until they decided to call go to bed. The cups in the cabinet weren't clean. A housekeeping cart stayed outside our room the entire stay. I realize we were two doors down from their room, but it was annoying. Also the custodial carts stayed outside the room so our room, which was supposed to be garden view was custodial cart view. We stayed 3 nights and when we got up this morning to leave, I wasn't feeling well. I called to see if there was a way to delay check-out until I was sure I could make it out to the car and was told we could have a 30 minute extension. If we were not timeshare, they would accommodate a 2 hour extension, but we were time share so we had to leave by 11:30 or stay an extra day. We started taking things to the car at 10:55(it's quite the hike to the parking lot-- valet is $12 per day). When we got back to the room to get the rest of the stuff at 11:10, housekeeping had already thrown stuff away and started cleaning. It was disappointing since the points for Boardwalk are more. The guy who checked us in was great, but after that...

Room Tip: Don't get a connecting room unless you know the people. The noise from the next room is really...
4 Thank Gail F
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I have stayed at the Boardwalk 3 times since August. It has the best location on the Disney property for adults, but was always great for our kids when they were young too. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean. I love that we can prepare food and snacks, not only because is saves money but saves time too. I went twice with my husband who loves to do his daily run around the lake, last week I met my adult daughter who had not been for a while and she loved the feeling of home that it had. Having the
Boardwalk Villa's as our home resort is one of the best investments we made for family fun. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All rooms are good if you learn to use the stairwells instead of going through the lobby all the tim...
1 Thank Elizabeth C
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Just spent three wonderful nights at Disneys Boardwalk Villas, and loved it! It was the perfect place to celebrate Valentines Day. We parked our car, and never had to move it again. The location is perfect, with everything within walking distance. If you want to go visit another resort, one of the parks, or Downtown Disney, Disney provides transportation, by boat, bus, or monorail. The Hotel was immaculate, and our room quite spacious. A great place to bring the family. Looking forward to checking out another Disney Resort, in the not too distant future.....

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor which was real quiet. I don't think I would want to be near the pool a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple