“They said small, but they weren't kidding”

Border Grill Fresh-Mex
Ranked #24 of 4,158 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed June 25, 2018

I saw one review that said they stumbled across this place leaving Universal. Not sure how that happened because you really dont see the place unless you are looking for it. We found it and are glad we did. The restaurant is a "hole in the wall", which is not a bad thing. Some of the best meals I've had were in this type of location. It was freshly cooked and tasted great. The service was outstanding, we got our food in record time. We ordered the chips, salsa and guacamole.....yeah, that was the one bad thing, we had to pay for chips and salsa. Not usual for a Mexican place. The salsa was tasty and the guacamole was creamy and good, with just enough chunks. I ordered the Chili Rellanos and my wife had the Chimichanga. The beans were good and the rice was just ok. We didnt get a drink so i can't comment on that. This was not the best Mexican food we have ever had, but we have eaten in many many Mexican restaurants across the country. It is good, authentic and worth the visit.

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

My husband had the nachos, I had the burrito rancheros, my mother had the enchiladas verdes. Everything was delicious but the salsa was the best of it all. So fresh! Our server was very pleasant and attentive. It’s a bit of a hole in the wall but totally worth it!

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We frequently visit Orlando,but had never eaten here before. Looked on this app for recommendations of Mexican food, and the reviews for this place were great so we thought we’d give it a go. When they say don’t judge a book by its cover, they’re not lying! The outside is small and inside of a strip mall and the inside isn’t much to look at HOWEVER none of that matters because the food is AMAZING!! And isn’t that what we go to a restaurant for anyway? Not to look at the place, but to eat there!
I definitely recommend the cheese dip and chicken chimichangas! The rice and beans that came with the meal were some of the best I’d ever had as well (and I’m very picky with Mexican food). The service was also great too! No complaints whatsoever, I wouldn’t even change the looks of this place because that’s what tells you it’s a hidden gem! Theres so many themed restaurants with sub-par food in Orlando (Toothsome I’m talking to you{milkshakes excluded}) so this was a great find on our trip!

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Looking for something on the way home from Universal theme park. It does not look anything from the outside, but superb service and delicious Mexican food.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Good food for a good price. Was on vacation and Border Grill was just down the street from my hotel and I am so glad I checked it out! The food was good, fast service and the price was right!!

1  Thank mamcaleer78