“Coupons are what you're looking for”
Review of Pollo Tropical

Pollo Tropical
Ranked #1,976 of 4,158 Restaurants in Orlando
Reviewed March 25, 2017

So I only come here when I get their coupons in my mailbox. I think it's way too much money for what they're selling me otherwise. My girlfriend and I came here the other day and got a couple of Tropichops. We both got the pork. We got the fried yuca wedges and we came home. We also loaded up on at least two of each of their delicious sauces.

If you've ever had one of these, you know exactly what you're getting yourself into. It's rice and beans and meat with optional corn and veggies on top. I've never had the chicken before. I always choose the pork over it. This time around, I found two disgusting blobs of inedible pork fat in my pork. I gagged so hard. It would have earned this place a two star review if it wasn't for the other 90% of my meal being very adequate for the coupon price.

Overall, I recommend you come here at least once in your lifetime, because it's a different experience from most fast food joints, but maybe find a coupon first.

Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

Tried for the first time. Will for sure eat here again. Good food at a good price.
Only bad thing was the bathroom was nasty.

Reviewed August 17, 2016

Wonderful Cuban food. Always eat there when I am in the area. Black beans and rice are authentic. Plantains are so yummy.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

This is the worse Pollo Tropical restaurant I have eaten from for the past 18 years and Management at Pollo Tropical head office needs to seriously look into this location quality of food. I have friends that have stopped eating from Pollo Tropical because of the particular location.

I drove 10 minutes to this branch today Sunday 10th July 2016 after 8:30PM and had a black beans and rice with a quarter chicken which I took away.

1. The rice was hard, hard, hard and had a taste of raw rice every taste I took. The rice was hard, hard, hard and unenjoyable. My wife had to reassure me that raw rice would not harm me so I kept eating as I was hungry.

2. This is the first time in my life that I have ever been served black beans with water as the sauce instead of black bean sauce. The black bean sauce was none existent as it is usually a thick black liquid but this was awful and did not even colour the white rice a bit and hung around my carryout container like water had been poured onto my rice. The sauce had absolutely ZERO taste and if not for lots of containers of salsa I would have thrown out the food. The beans themselves were not very tasty but were cooked nice and soft in the water.

3. I had a dark meat chicken which was, obvious, on SIGHT, just on sight and based not on taste as yet, should have been dumped as it was WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too over cooked and dry, dry, dry and hard, hard hard and real crispy. It was so crispy that people in the tv room could hear me crunching real loud just on the meat from the leg. This chicken, in my opinion, should have been thrown out over 20 minutes before it was served to me just from being cooked and not being sold and sitting on the grill waiting for me to show up. Quality control should not have allowed this chicken to be served. The thigh was dry and tough but not crispy, just hurt my jaws chewing it a lot and trying to soften it with a drink.

The location was fairly dead at the time I visited but quality control is demanded by consumers spending their money and this was by far the worse meal I have ever had from any Pollo Tropical in all the years I have eaten from this franchise. I will never eat from this branch again and I may possibly never eat from Pollo Tropical based on this experience.

Disappointed in this branch and your poor quality control or lack thereof...

1  Thank NoName101
Reviewed July 1, 2016

Walk up counter type of place - grilled chicken is the specialty served with a variety of sides and combinations. I had the Caribbean version a burrito bowl at Qudoba or Chipotle. Here it is a TropiChop --- rice, beans, salad, salsa toppings and shredded grilled chicken with Caribbean spices.

The menu has other options centered around beans, rice and chicken.
I'll go back.