“Good Dim Sum”

Ranked #2,672 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$8 - US$8
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 31 May 2009

We took our family for lunch on Saturday. It was good and worth the value (for lunch). We love dim sum and always try to find a good place for that. This restaurant wasn't bad at all. We will come back here for dim sum.

There are newer reviews for Taste of Hong Kong

Reviewed 4 January 2009

Went to this restaurant with my son for our final meal in Orlando. We were slowly greeted by some UN-friendly Waiter staff. We ordered our very expensive bland food, We waited and waited in a almost empty restaurant. When we finial received our food, the staff disappeared then re-appeared some time after. We had to yell across the restaurant to get their attention. No this is not a
Disney magic trick, it is a Orlando Rip off.

Guess what, added to our 2 person bill for over $40.00 without any drinks was a automatic 18% service charge. We argued this and they said it was posted near the door that everyone pays this. We looked at he door, on a very small 8x11 posting was this statement, it was not on the menu. I always leave a good tip, but this place must know they have bad service, so they add 18%. If I were you I would avoid this place

Reviewed 25 August 2008

We were greeted as soon as we walked in but had to wait a while to get our server's attention to pick up our order sheet (you make your selection on the printed order menu and they will bring the food to your table). I noticed the price wasn't cheap; for example, the fried dumpling will cost you $1.25 per piece. I was expecting good quality of food but I was wrong. The fried dumpling and rice cake were way too greasy. I had to eat them with lots spicy and soy sauce to overcome the greasy taste. It doesn't look like the restaurant made those foods; it look like the package that I can buy it from Chinese supermarket. The beef fried rice will cost you $10.95 ($11.63 with tax) but the quantity was way too small. It could only fill up 2 rice bowls (serving for one person only). I asked the lady behind the counter before I paid if the price was right for beef fried rice and she told me I must had given a small order and got charged big order price, but the server came and told us that it was the regular size and no such big or small size. I don't know if the server just wanted to charge us high price or the lady behind the counter had no idea what she was talking about. Anyway, both my boyfriend and I were shocked and my boyfriend told me right away in front of them that he felt we have been ripped off by this Chinese restaurant. But they said nothing but only “sorry you felt that way.” We paid almost $25 for the bill, walked out with "still hungry" stomach, and kind of angry mood. I will not suggest this restaurant to all the travelers because you will not enjoy the Chinese food this restaurant provids and it’s not worth the money you pay for it.

Reviewed 10 February 2008

Authentic dim sum in a nice environment. Wait staff were very friendly. Not quite sure about the previous reviews about rude staff as we did not encounter this. There is a new owner so perhaps that is the difference.

Reviewed 6 August 2007

We had lunch at this place, the dimsum was really good! One order is around $3.00, and one person could probably have two or three orders..depending on the appetite! The lunch specials were reasonably priced too (around $7.00), and if you like Chinese food, then you will like this place! It is a far cry from the Chinese buffets, because the quality of food is so much better. Service was awesome, and the place was really clean and the owners were very friendly. If you aren't sure of what to order, they will be more than willing to help...We went to the restaurant several times during our three-day stay.