“Great location”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #34 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The hotel was pretty impressive and gigantic. The bed was probably one of the most comfortable I have slept in. We had a nice room with a view overlooking the properties 3 pools. I was only there for the weekend so I didn't get to see much of the place, but I was impressed and would definitely stay there again. If you are looking for a hotel in a centralized location in Orlando (between Disney and Universal), this is the place. It was close enough to both as well as close to the airport. The only drawback I can say is that there is not much around there. There is a supermarket across the street and a few others places in that same plaza to get food, but other than that, you have to drive a bit. The hotel did have food options though.

Room Tip: Check visitorlando.com for hotel deals
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Hello Pamj03 and THANK YOU for the review.

We are definitely off the beaten path, however, we like to consider our self a trendsetter. 5 years ago (in September) we opened Rosen Shingle Creek and there was nothing around….things are slowly popping up all the time and we are excited to see what other changes are going to happen.

We appreciate your kind words and look forward to hosting you in the future…hopefully to experience more that we have to offer! 

There are newer reviews for Rosen Shingle Creek

Reviewed 6 June 2011

I was travelling with two youngsters - 3 and 9 months when we stayed at the Rosen over memorial day weekend. Both the hotel and the room were nice and clean. Both kids had plenty of room to spread out and enjoyed watching the "older" kids (there were plenty due to some sort of teen retreat) play volleyball outside the window. They also loved the zero entry pool. We went early morning and had the pool almost to ourselves. We tried the kiddie pool, which looked nice from afar, but had a zillion bugs in it when we went in.

There needs to be more elevators in this gargantuan place. We typically had to wait in line to get on an elevator and then had to cram in like sardines to get to our room on the fourth floor - every single time. Had I been by myself, I would have taken the stairs. The parking was no better. After several 15 minute walks to and from the car with the little ones, my husband started going to the car on his own and then calling us in the room when he reached the car and could come to the entrance to pick us up. All of the valet guys were the friendliest people on the property. They always ran to open the door for me and give my oldest a high-five. Definite props to them for high service.

We also had an issue with our room key being unreadable. When I went to the front desk with two very cranky kids who were way past bedtime, the VERY unfriendly clerk told me that I would have to wait for my husband, whose name was on the reservation to arrive, who was parking the car and 10 minutes away from getting to the hotel (see above). I understand security reasons, but really? Use some discretion. Woman with same last name, two cranky and tired kids willing provides ID to get access to her room. I ended up going to the room and waiting outside the door for my husband to arrive.

Bottom line -- It's a nice hotel, but there's a million other places to stay in Orlando that are just as nice, with better service and a better parking situation.

Good Morning mommylisa76

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write on your recent trip to our hotel. I’m sure your day is very busy with such young children so we appreciate the feedback.

I’m glad the room and the valet were so great to you and your family. That is always a pleasure to read.

I am sorry to hear about the situation with the keys. We do have policies and procedures for this situation and are unable to really bend when it comes to the safety of our guests. I’ll reiterate to the front desk staff that they should be asking when a family checks in if there is any other names they would like to add to the room reservation to ensure they have access as well. I’m sure you understand where we are coming from when it comes to this.

Thanks again for your review. We do appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 3 June 2011

This property is beautiful. I was treated with respect when checking in. I priceline a lot as I am always planning one and two day getaways just for fun for w hubby and the kids and have found that at times, we don't get the same consideration when checking in as other higher paying customers... But this was not the case here which was a pleasant surprise. I asked for a room with a pool view and on a higher level and that is exactly what I got. Room 14109... Beautiful, beautiful view... Probably one of the nicest rooms I have stayed in in a while. High ceilings w dual crown molding w beautiful sky blue ceiling, great furniture and decor and nice double queen size beds that were very comfy.. The only negative to the bed are the pillows... I think they could be much better... These felt like cheap polyester filled pillows and not comfy... Aside of that, the room was super clean and I was please...
The downfall is that yes the self parking is a hike and both valley and self park are overpriced... They don't have a cart service to take guest from parking lot to entrance either. I still don't understand why in this day in age, Internet is not already included in every motel, hotel in the US... The only complaint in service are the people that work in the Market Place... Terrible attitudes and it's as if they are doing you a favor for helping you.. Specifically the girl at the ice-cream shop.. I felt as if I was bothering her by requesting ice-cream. I was there w 3 kids and every time I ordered for one child she would turn away and go back to cleaning and I would have to call her attention again... This literally happened after every order of our 4 ice creams I purchase... Really bizarre... Oh well.... Then one of the kids ice creams wasn't fresh or freezer burn or what have you but it wasn't worth going back and dealing with her so I thru $5 in the trash... But this was my only bad experience there....
I did try to stay another night but when I tried to extend on the website as I normally can do thru price line, I wasn't able to and when I tried to call price line they told me that I would have to bid again and they can't guaranty the same hotel and suggested that I try to speak with the hotel... So I did, I went and spoke to the front desk and asked if I could extend at the same rate being they were pretty empty but they said that they can offer me a lower rate and that they can only offer me a walk in rate and wave the self parking... That was a bummer... I would think they would be willing to work with you being it was slow and the rates price line charges are rates they approve bases on availability but no, they wouldnt. They told me to price line again instead.... So I ended up checking out... To bad.. I never even made it to the pool with the kids... They looked very nice...
Despite that, I loved it.... I actually liked that it is set away from everything but keep in mind, by car, it's literally only minutes away from all major attractions and restaurants and shopping... So to me it's worth it....
Definitely recommend this property..

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Hi Aly918

Thank you so much for your review. It definitely was a help to us.

My first concern is the attitude of the young lady at 18-Monroe Street. One thing that we definitely strive for is amazing customer service and by no means is this how we treat our guests. I would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and get more information on who this associate was. I’ve already forwarded this review to Emilio Ferreiro, Monroe Manager, so that he can start looking into the situation.

When it comes to Priceline.com, we are, unfortunately, unable to book the rooms at their discounted room rate. We definitely will work on a discounted room rate if possible though.

Again, thank you for the comments. If you would like to speak to me more about your experience or about anything else, please contact me via the information below.

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 2 June 2011

We stayed here after a 3 day cruise and I can say that the property was top shelf. I admit that parking for $12 and walking 1000 yards to the front door is a bit extreme. and the room that we had on the 11th floor was another 400 yards from the elevator. We usually took the stairs down to the ground as it was probably faster than walking and waiting for an elevator to arrive.
We did the nature walk - a 1.75 mile path with signnage showing the flora and wild life that may be around. Very interesting and informative. It is near the 528 Highway which detracts a bit, but other than road noise, was very peaceful and serene. The golf course looked challenging, but w had no time to play.
Restaurants on property were a bit pricey for my taste, but looked appealing and well balanced. The pool areas, family and adult separated, were to my liking and we enjoyed the outdoor areas a lot.
I would stay here again, even with the NXT11 convention with all their attendees around. They were not rowdy and respected us in the halls and lobby areas.

Room Tip: If you can get a discount deal, it is exellent
1  Thank gturay

Hi gturay.

Thank you so much for your review. It is hard to top a 3 day cruise, so I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. The outside area of the hotel is a wonderful area. They truly did a great job with the design of the pool areas (separate, but close enough) and the nature trail is, I have to agree, awesome!

Sorry about the walking. The one thing our building isn't...is small. We have a large property with an even bigger parking area. We do apologize if you had to walk to much from your room to the parking lots.

Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if your needs for rooms in future arise.

Thank you for choosing Rosen Shingle Creek.

Reviewed 1 June 2011

Decided on a relatively last minute vacation to Orlando. Loved the look of Shingle Creek online so opted to give it a try. To start, I do have my Travel Agents license, travel a fair bit and was looking for a new experience.

The Good:
Hotel cosmetically is just beautiful. Exterior, rooms, grounds all very well done.. Gated entrance with security.

The Bad:
Let's start with the parking... $12 a day for self parking, $20 for valet... Self parking will most likely leave you with a 10 minute WALK to the hotel. Absolutely in need of a garage, my average walk time, horrendous. Claimed there was a shuttle or a "pick up truck" to give rides, but never once saw one.. (Came and went about 5 times per day, each left me walking the length of a couple football fields just to get to the building.) Not to mention was the weekend of NXT11 or whatever, which left the hotel even more full of teens who were using the convention space, taking all the guest parking. 3-5 times my room card would show as "unreadable" leaving no way to even get into the parking lot.

Customer Service was terrible. From a front desk crew that had 0 willingness to assist with complaints other than room related... (Parking issues, Pool issues, etc) to a concierge that was absolutely unhelpful when I asked for assistance in printing something.. Not to mention this being a business hotel that doesn't offer self service computers and printers, but has a manned business center which was CLOSED in the middle of the day for Memorial Day weekend. (Was no where in the hotel to print out a confirmation number.)

Room
As mentioned, the rooms were beautiful, but the tv worked only half of my stay (even after calls to maintenance, apparently programing down stairs.) the jets in my jetted tub did not work and maintenance, not speaking proper English was unable to assist. (Was a giant hole in the side of tub with a mirror placed over it... Obviously knew the tub was broken, but just decided to cover it up.)

Pools
An area where we spent a lot of time. Beautiful pools, but poorly maintained. At one point for a few hours there were only about 10 people in one of the 3 pools, however the 1-150 chairs around the pool were all completely trashed with towels and cups. In this entire episode at pool, not one person came to clean the area or remove the towels off chairs that had been there all day.. (Not to mention the towel bin had literally 2 towels in it at time of arrival.) We literally had to place our towels and items on ground next to pool so as to not disturb the one chair that someone was actually using.

Main pool which had a nice wade in area was filled with dirt, sticks, bugs, etc and had not appeared cleaned in some time.. (Next morning this was resolved however.)

Overall, the stay was adequate. Slept well, minus all the teens in the halls early morning, poor customer service and parking/pool nightmares.

Would I stay there again? Never.. FAR too many hotels in Orlando at a far better value to ever deal with the terrible customer service and parking nightmares. For all the good qualities of the property, it was plagued with unforgettable problems that I will not see past.

After all my complaints, I was offered nothing, other than a "have a nice day."

Two thumbs down from a Travel Agent that will never recommend this property to any client.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shawncas

Hi Shawncas

Thank you for your review and I apologize that I didn’t write you sooner.

First, as you know, words can’t overpower an experience that you may have had at our property. We are very sorry to hear about the situations that occurred during your stay.

I fully understand the frustration you may have had when it comes to the parking prices on property and we know that the walk can sometimes be long but we feel as though a parking garage would aesthetically be unpleasant looking so we do have a shuttle service that usually runs throughout the day (normally peak hours that the parking lot would be busy) so I’m so sorry if you didn’t see this or were unable to use it.

Customer Service should never be a topic in a review at Rosen Shingle Creek. I promise you that we are taking this very seriously and Fernando Ching, Resident Manager, has been notified and is looking into the situations.

Usually the pool areas are very well maintained, so I can only assume that the reason it was messy was due to the very large group of conventioneers that were staying. I’ve passed this information on to the public area team to ensure they continue to watch this. Especially during large conventions.

Again, my response isn’t intended to be excuses….by any means. If you would like to speak to me more about the stay, I would love to hear from you. Don’t hesitate to contact me at any time.

Reviewed 1 June 2011

We live in Orlando and decided to get away with my family for a long weekend. We usually stay at the Ritz for one night and come home quickly. The Ritz was booked so I called the Rosen. They quickly booked us and we were there within a couple of hours. They gave us a superb rate and I'm sure I will come back many times since the price is excellent and it's a very similar experience to the Ritz. Honestly, it is was one of the best vacations I have experienced in Orlando. The Staff was extremely accomodating and super helpful. We had a great time and loved jogging the natural trail in the morning. This resort is really amazing. We had little problem with rooms but they quickly fixed the situation. I really can't say enough good things about the Shingle Creek resort and I'm not sure why anyone would complain about this place.....

I Vote BEST RESORT IN ORLANDO when it comes to Price and Value.

Thank you for an awesome Weekend. I will come back many times.

The Berrada family

Amine and Melissa Berrada....:)

1  Thank amine20
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2011

Thanks Berrada Family for the kind words. We greatly appreciate all that you wrote.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you hvae any reservation needs in teh future.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

During my 2 night stay I was treated to this luxury hotel which is near Universal with lots to offer. Since I travel on a budget I was happy to discover the brand new Publix just across the main entrance to the hotel. The Rosen has a convention/conference center attached which had me wishing I had brought roller skates with me. I mean I like to walk and take the stairs instead of the elevator but this was a hike. Seriously, it's a good candidate for a moving sidewalk. The Rosen has a lovely golf course wrapped around it and no less than 3 pools. Very nice to have one dedicated to adults for those that prefer the quiet. I hear the onsite Italian restaurant is fantastic though I didn't partake myself choosing instead the other not-to-be- missed gourmet yet healthy Seasons 52 about 3 miles down the road. Only thing missing in the rooms is a magnified make up mirror. Management, are you listening??

Room Tip: for quiet- ask to be away from elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank gloria2886
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2011

Hi gloria2886.

Thank you for your honesty in your last review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate it.

We are so glad you were able to experience the property....although we know that it can be a walk, I'm glad that you were able to see what the property had to offer. Next time you are on property, I would 100% recommend Cala Bella (Asiago Chicken is to die for!!).

When it comes to the makeup mirror, I may be wrong, however, all rooms come with a magnified mirror on the wall in the vanity area. I don't wear makeup so I'm not sure if that is what the mirror is used for. Maybe your room is missing it? If you would be willing, please let me know so that I can get that fixed.

I hope we have the ability to shine for you in the future.

Thank you for choosing Rosen Shingle Creek.