“Beautiful resort property. Great pools (4 of them!)”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #51 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

I got this place by accident on Priceline. I was looking to get a simple 3 star on International Drive, but got upgraded here to Rosen Shingle Creek on the next road over- Universal Blvd.

Coming from New York, I'm sort of a spoiled world traveler, so when I got this place, my curiosity was peaked - as the reviews are so mixed. Well, I got to say- dollar-for-dollar (value), this is probably one of the top 3 places I ever stayed. I like Doral in Miami, but you pay thru the nose- triple the price! The Rosen property is beautifully manicured. Beautiful clean pools - 4 of them. The lobby is spacious and airy. With the tall glass windows, I'd like to experience a lightening rain storm here.

It's a shame this property doesn't get better reviews. Minus out the unreasonable idiots who gripe about the $16 parking and give negative reviews- and this place would be in the top 20 in Orlando.

The restaurants I believe are a bit on the high side, but the Oceola cafe offers a wonderful $18 munch buffet. Braised beef ribs, chicken- nice salad bar.

Last night- Angela (Annelka? Not sure of her name.), but she was very nice,and took the extra time to find us a king sized bed- given the hotel was crowded. A great experience overall.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank bush242
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Wow brush242!

We appreciate your kind words very much. Thank you for such a nice review.

I’ll pass on the kind words about the front desk associate to Michael Bacchus, Director of Front Office to ensure that she gets the recognition she deserves.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,287)

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I have stayed here many times over the past 2 years and each time is as good or better than the last. The property itself is impressive with a nice golf course that surrounds the grounds. The rooms are beautiful and very clean. The pool area is one of the nicest around especially for the little ones. Food and beverages are priced right and they don't gouge you with "resort" fees like a lot of other places do. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: ask for a room that connects to the suites. they have walk in tile showers instead of standard tubs
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank WL001
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Your review is Fantastic, WL001!

Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you soon.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 25 May 2012

This hotel is awesome for what we paid, look at the daily deals on Priceline mobile app. (BEWARE OF PRICELINE CHARGING YOUR CARD MORE THAN ONCE!) our first attempt through Priceline said denied because the security code was invalid so we used another card only to find out we had an E-mail saying the 1st attempt was approved and Priceline wouldn't refund the money so we had reservations. No big deal we disputed it with our card company and all is good, now having said that for $54/night this place is unbeatable, we took cabs everywhere so the parking fees didn't apply to us, make sure to ask for a metered cab and not one of those black town cars that are lined up out-side (they are 50-75% more expensive) USE THE PRICE-LINE MOBILE APP TO BOOK THIS HOTEL IT WILL NOT SHOW UP ON THE REGULAR WEB-SITE!) awesome hotel if you watch out for the money pits!

Room Tip: Use Priceline Mobile app for the best deal on this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Traveling504

You are giving out a huge secret Traveling504! The Priceline app is probably going to go crazy now but no worries, we would love to have everyone staying with us.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. I'm glad you got your money back for that 2nd room.

Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I stayed at the Rosen Shingle for a conference and was very dissappointed to find so many hidden fees. When confronted with these fees the staff would not acknowledge the issue and charged my credit card after I checked out!!! Very unprofessional

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Sara P

Hi Sara P.

Thanks for reviewing the hotel although you were not happy with the experience. I would love to find out more information from you to see if we can rectify any mishaps that may have happened.

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

All around this hotel is no better than a Hilton, but you'll pay 3 times the price to stay here. Every time you turn around there is a charge for something that "lesser" hotels don't charge for; like, internet, parking, and the gym (yes, really). Hold on to your hat because self-park was $19. Self. Park. Valet was a bargain at $26. This hotel was in the middle of no where, so I have no idea why they feel they have to charge ridiculous fees. It's not like people "steal" their parking spaces and walk to Disney. The rooms are nothing special; like any other hotel room I've ever stayed in for a fraction of the price. The woman who checked us in was rude. She didn't even say hello first, just "what's your last name". We tried to make small talk, but all she gave us was curt one-word answers. We had really poor customer service from beginning to end. We asked for a room during booking with the following attributes: has a good view, is quiet and located away from the "main drag" (i.e. vending and elevators), and is on one of the higher floors of the hotel. We read some reviews about people complaining about the walk to their room. We said we'd prefer to hike to our room than have a lot of foot traffic in front of our door. They couldn't have done a better job of giving us the exact room we DIDN'T want. We got a room that was on the ground floor, 3 doors down from the vending and the ice machine, with a giant tree right in front of our only window (I guess that's a good view for a botanist). Furthermore, when we get to our hotel room we had a dirty air filter laying on the carpet and holes and stains in the comforters and blankets. The rooms are not well kept up; there were crumbs and dirt under the glass table tops in the room. The manager clearly didn't care. He was also quite rude.

Be prepared to pay $16 for a continental breakfast. Although, the most pleasant person we met at the hotel was our waiter at breakfast. He was wonderful. The rest of the staff could learn a lot from him.

The pools were okay. It was nice to have an "adult" pool without splashing children, but this "family" pool was right next door. So there was no escape from the screams and shrieks of little hellions. The pools were very small for a hotel of this size and it was difficult to find 2 chairs together during a weekday.

Yes, this is a huge hotel. Don't stay here if you dislike walking. Even with valet you will still have a good walk to your room and to breakfast/dinner.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter, they'll put you in whatever room they feel like. You're better off j...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gtrb8

Hi gtrb8.

I'm sorry about your recent stay. We hate to see that people leave disappointed. It is hard for me to follow up with details until I know more about your stay and would love to hear from you regarding this.

We do charge for extras but I'm not sure why you were charged differently for parking. Our standard parking charge for self-parking is $16.00 and valet is $21.00. If you were charged differently, I definitely want to hear from you.

It looks like you got a manager involved already so I hope they were able to assist or make it better.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to further talk about your stay.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

This is the second time that we stayed at the Rosen Shingle. We stayed for 5 nights. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are a good size with a great view and were cleaned timely each day. The ice bucket was left unchanged twice during our stay (my pet peeve) but was promptly corrected upon notification. My family and I were vacationing, but there was also a conference in progress. There was a noticeable decline in customer service, including the valet losing our keys. During a busy period, the valet station threw our keys in the "key bucket" (full of keys which had not been properly put away). After waiting for almost 30 minutes for our car, the valet began searching for our keys. Having paid $21.00 a day for valet parking plus my usual tip, I was very annoyed. In room internet is $10 a day. Children enjoyed the pools and the beds slept well. The hotel is in a great location near famed attractions, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Hi C V

I am shocked by the valet parking incident. I'm not up to speed on how the valet department runs but I'm sure that this isn't the correct way. Your review is in the hands of Colin Church, Valet Manager to look into this and rectify it as soon as possible.

I'm sorry this happened to you but I am happy you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

I would love for you to come back in the future, please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for both personal and business and each stay has been the same...WONDERFUL! The staff is friendly, the rooms are excellent, and the food is amazing!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AnW520

Always a pleasure having you stay with us AnW520!

Thanks for your continued business. It means the world to us to have our guests returning.

Please visit again soon,