“Beautiful Hotel!”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #32 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel was great! Not only is it beautiful on the outside its just as beautiful as the inside! The staff were pleasant. There is about two pools so there is room for everyone. I didn't give it 5 starts because there was no help getting our luggage to our room. This place is big and spread out so I had to haul my luggage all the way to my room! I also got this hotel because it seemed fairly close to Disney World on google maps (20min) but to my mistake it took longer than expected and the taxi fair was a bit pricey. This hotel would be best to go to universal or sea world.

I had a room with the beautiful golf course in the background! Don't care for golf so much but the view was amazing!

They have restaurants inside of the hotel or you can go for a quick meal at 18 Monroe Market where they serve anything from panini's, wraps and soups delicious!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liss l
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

What a beautiful review Liss I...thank you!

We appreciate the kind words. I'm worried about the 'no help with luggage though'. We have a staff of bellmen 24 hours a day. Was there an issue getting assistance?

Thanks again for your kind words. We appreciate it. I hope to hear from you in the future!

There are newer reviews for Rosen Shingle Creek

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I was able to get a great deal on Priceline by naming my price. However, they do add a $16 a day self-parking fee. Still, with that fee, I feel it was a super deal for the place. The amenities were all very nice, pools, gym, restaurants. The rooms are gorgeous, very nicely decorated, and very clean. The bathrooms were very nice and clean. The A/C worked perfectly and had a thermostat. We had a very nice view of the pool and golf course from our room. The place is enormous...which leads me to the bad.

The walk from self-parking to the elevators was literally 1/4 of a mile one way. Every time we had to leave, it was a LONG walk to and from the car. My advice for that is if you have to carry any luggage that doesn't roll, drop it off with a family member at the lobby, and then park. The only way around this was to valet park.

The only elevators in the entire resort were in the middle of the lobby...none at the ends of the wings. I thought I had a great idea since we were at the end of a wing. I figured we could walk down 7 floors of stairs instead of going all the way out of the way to the elevator. We got to the bottom of the stairs to realize the fire alarm would sound if we opened the door...errrr. So we walked back up to the first exit door (4th floor???). This place literally made no sense to us.

Then....there were the conventions!!! Holy cow, this place was a zoo. There were hundreds if not thousands of people there. I've been to convention resorts before, but not like this. It was overwhelming. The pool was FULL of people...mostly teenagers till the wee hours of the morning. People everywhere...the elevators took some time, but not too much.

I would really like to return one day, especially to play on their golf course...it looked beautiful. However, I will call ahead to see what type of convention (very important), and how many they have going on.

Overall, we had a great time and experience there...these experiences are what makes the memories.

1  Thank David A

Very nice review, davenmer!

Since you are so close (living in Jacksonville), we would love the opportunity to have you back. You can call me directly and I'll let you know if there are any conventions.

We definitely are a convention based hotel and can accommodate thousands so I apologize you stayed during one of these times.

Yes....we are a huge property with lots of walking. I do apologize for this. I hope it doesn't make you not want to stay with us again.

Thanks for updating us on your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Thanks for updating us on your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

This place was wonderful for my family and I. We had the hospitality suite where you could just walk outside to the pool area from the patio. The room was big, clean and very quiet. We did have a slight misunderstanding but Miguel was excellent in rectifying the situation. The staff was very professional and polite (thank you Rosa). The grounds were beautiful. We will definitely be back next year!

Hey Whygates!

Thank you so much for the Amazing review! We are so happy to hear your stay went well.

I will forward your good comments on to Miguel and Rosa at the front desk.

Thanks again for choosing Rosen Shingle Creek.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Attended a week long convention at Rosen Shingle Creek Resort and I found the service to be average. No major complaints except everything cost to much for the value you receive. The hotel property is nice except the carpet is starting to show wear and should be replaced in public areas and guest rooms. The 3 swimming pools are nice, food service is mediocre and got boring after a couple days. The market on the bottom floor is a good place to get something hot to eat or something to go, very nice concept. The food prices are too high, especially for the quality they serve. It's a good hotel for conventions, but don't expect much service, the valet, bell and drivers are the friendliest staff. If I were to take family to Orlando I would stay at Disney property.

Room Tip: Get a suite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank northok

Hi northok!

Thank you for your recent update of the property. We appreciate it.

I'm so sorry that you felt the quality of food wasn't to standards nor our service. We definitely try our hardest to ensure our service is the highest. I would love to hear more. Feel free to reach out if you would like to further explain your experiences. I would love ot hear about it.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 25 July 2012

It depends on what you are looking for... But for the low rate of 75 per night, this was a good if not great value. Valet was kind. self parking was a really long walk, however being a convention center, you could make that hike indoors. Walls and doors are a tad thin, as three am convention travellers woke us up and they really weren't acting too rowdy..normal convention level were easily heard. It was a short interruption and all was back to normal quickly. Amenities and convenience to our desired locations was great. We didn't try any on site restaurants, other than a quick breakfast (which was fine). Hallway carpets worn in spots, other than that we had a good clean place to sleep. We would return.

Room Tip: Ask for close to elevators to avoid long walks
1  Thank gatravelfam30339

We appreciate your honest review of the hotel gatravelfam30339!

I'm happy to hear that overall your hotel experience was pleasant. Thank you for sharing with us.

Please feel free to let me know if you will be back in the Orlando area. I would be honored to help make your room reservations for you!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

First off, what kind of fool lets people have late checkout on a Friday when TWO big groups were coming in. VERY inconvenient as our first sessions started at two, we arrived around noon, couldn't check in, people were STILL IN OUR ROOM past normal check in time. Then I LEAVE TWO Cell phone numbers to call when our room is ready. 4:30 room is ready. No calls. No notice at all till I ask at 5:30 p.m. if room is ready. Front Desk group is pleasant and clean in appearance, but know LITTLE about operation and seem very poorly trained. TWO DAYS maid didn't service our room. Sure, wife was in there with DND tag in door in morning, but went to pool in afternoon and she didn't check back. Overall, this shows that AAA's diamond ratings are seriously inaccurate. Your resort is beautifully, but very poorly managed.

Got blank stare every time. Tried to ask maid in hallway for towels to make up for two days of no towels. She just looked at me. OK, so maybe she's Jamaican but learn enough English to do your job.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank birdman142

Hi birdman142.

I do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting you checked in until later on in the day. The front desk does a great job in trying to accommodate all guests’ requests but it does seem like we may have failed this time. My sincere apologies.

I just met with the Director of Front Desk and Resident Manager to implement new ways to ensure that something like this doesn't happen in the future.

Thanks for keeping up updated on your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to talk more about this situation.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed here for a quick weekend trip to Seaworld. What a great experience for my children and grandchildren. We booked it on Priceline and got an amazing price. The pool is wonderful. Food was great and everyone was friendly and helpful.

Thanks crazy2all!

We don't find your review to be crazy. We love you back. We hope to hear from you again in the future and hope you stay again!

Thanks again,