“Great Getaway ”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #34 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Large facility with lots to do , great food choices , the in house Italian restaurant was fantastic. Beach pools, Spa's and a cool lounge to hangout during the late evening. Rooms were spacious and hotel staff very professional. Close to Universal City walk plenty of transport options.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Hello Rommel R!

Thank you very much for sharing your great getaway comments with us. We are so happy you had fun while here.

Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance for you in the future.

Safe travels,

There are newer reviews for Rosen Shingle Creek

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I have been here many times for various large meetings. While the meeting areas are a good walk from the main hotel lobby, you never have to go outside. The hotel has many food options, so many I can't remember them all. Valet parking and self parking available. I believe self parking is $18 a day. Complementary wifi connection is good and the golf course is close enough to walk to. Have not stayed here for vacation only because I find the Disney Properties more convenient when I vacation there. The hotel has two pools, one more suited for children but adults can use each one. Limited shade, but you can rent a large cabana. There is an outdoor bar just outside the pool area. Also, on the lower lobby is a large snack shop and deli. They should have everything you need. Hotel rooms are good sized, clean and updated. Not a luxury location but service and facilities are very nice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank SigEpGov

SO excited to read your review, SigEpGov!

We had a great time having your group here and excited to read you liked your visit.

Please hurry back.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

In a solid 4 or 5 star business traveller, but after visiting this hotel on a family holiday I was so overwhelmed by the value for money, staff performance and quality I had to write my first series of trip advisor reviews. We choose this hotel with our package holiday. A deluxe breakfast room, it came in cheaper than almost everything, including some motels. Imagine my suprise when I was greeted with a level of service and staff loyalty that I have never seen in the US. yes the self parking did involve a little walk to the lobby, but there was a buggy happy to give you a lift if you wanted it. Unlike some other reviews on this site about the hotel, the self parking was complimentary, the linen and fixtures and fitting were perfect, pools lovely, breakfast buffet great, literally there was nothing I could fault. Then there was the ethical side to this place, staying for two weeks we saw a real mix of conventions, this is clearly a venue that subsidised some amazing events including a getaway for kids with physical disabilities, it was heart warming to see such a luxurious venue opening it's arms to all. if I send anybody to Orlando I will always try and get them in here. well done for delivering luxury, quality and facilities without being snobbish and exclusive, The hyatt, Hilton and Sheraton could really do with looking at this business model.

Room Tip: Aim high and pool side
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank James M

Wow. Fantastic review, James M! Thank you so much for the awesome review of the property.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. If you ever need anything in the future, don’t hesitate to ask.

See you soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

First, the things I like about Shingle Creek: well trained staff, multiple restaurants catering to almost every taste, excellent meeting facilities, multiple pools for the family, good golf course, well appointed rooms.
Things I don't like: huge ( but that is my personal bias against large), absurd parking fees ($16 self, $26 valet, seriously), all the restaurants are typically resort pricey, wifi is free only for the first day, then a charge after that, all in all a good place to have a business meeting.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thanks for the feedback, jerry t.

We appreciate the information and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

If you are back in Orlando, please let me know. I’d be happy to help in any way possible.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

11 nights in hotel for Orlando vacation room good food good staff excellent if your looking for a pleasant base to sleep with excellent facilities very close to int drive but away from the bustle this is it rooms are peacefull and clean/ modern, sometimes gets a little busy late evenings as hotel is also geared up for business but attracts the nicer side of the customer base highly recommended for holiday stay, well done shingle creek.

Room Tip: 11th floor stay but all seemed very good
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

So kind of you, glenfiveash!

Thank you very much for the fantastic review!

Please hurry back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

First off, I have been loyal to the Rosen brand of properties for years, but after this past weekend, I am officially breaking up with the Rosen. I took a group of ladies to the Shingle creek property for a spa and shopping weekend, raving in advanced about how upscale and clean this property is, so naturally they were expecting a full five star experience-which in the past, I would say was true. Well for starters, I had an early check in request, checking back several times as instructed and after 3p I'd had enough with waiting. It took me getting upset with the front desk, who nonchalantly wanted to just call me when they were ready, but when they saw I wasn't budging our rooms magically were expedited after 3:30. (3p is the standard check in time). We all got settled into our rooms that evening and low and behold two very large spiders were in the sheets of one of the beds in room 14-105. I called down to have the sheets changed and the manager on duty, Katie, was kind enough to send the ladies up some champagne and strawberries as a means for the embarrassing situation, nice but didn't erase the fact there were two huge bugs in the bed. After brushing that situation off, my group goes into the concierge lounge only to be met by the nastiest lounge attendant in life who was seconds from getting the lashing of her life for being so disrespectful to a group of professional women. She talked so rudely to two of my guests and after I attempted to diffuse the situation by explaining to her that they didn't know they couldn't wear their room provided robes in the lounge and that how she addressed them was inappropriate, she walked away from me too. I talked to the lounge manager the next morning because I was infuriated that we were being treated in that manner and told her that I highly doubt had our group been that of white women, we wouldn't have been treated so poorly, but she saw a group of black women and made big assumptions and moreover showed her prejudice right in front of the general manager on duty who again had to apologize for now two incidents within the hour. I was so angry at this point because I've always regarded the Rosen brand as quality and class and thus far, my group wasn't experiencing that. The next morning, the same room where the spiders in the bed were living, shows up a ROACH friend to join the party and where there's one roach, will be many more. My ladies were screaming and freaking out because who pays to go to a five star roach hotel. I blasted the general manager because this was now the third incident we had in just a day. Fortunately, Bob, the general manager was able to offer the ladies room 14-105 better accommodations and a generous means of service recovery, but I was disgusted to see that they didn't even treat the room because there were new guests in the room by that evening...careless. Overall, I've seen this property decline over the past couple of years, but continually visited because I've never shared the experience of those who have written negative reviews, but now its time for me to move on. I spent thousands of dollars at the Rosen Shingle Creek for this weekend to happen for my group and I wish I'd taken our business elsewhere. I will say on a positive note, Terri and the spa team are phenomenal and if you have time, definitely make a visit. The breakfast at cafe Osceola is also worth every dime. No longer will I recommend this property nor will I be returning on my own individual travel plans. Every year I bring a group to Orlando and this year, Rosen embarrassed my reputation as a host and theirs as a property from the bugs to the discrimination, just too much come back from.

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank ladeep0110
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Hi ladeep0110-

I’m so sorry this happened to you. I really wish you would have reached out to me as soon as things started to go wrong. I’ve worked with you for years and you know this isn’t the norm. Our facility is definitely doesn’t discriminate against anyone as we love all of our guests.

I’m sorry to hear that this visit wasn’t good for you. Please let me know if you need anything in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

There are many other hotels in the area that offer much more in the way of amenities and well appointed rooms. I was here for a conference, and have found other conference hotels to be much nicer and better.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Hi Shannon K-

Thank you for the review. If there was something specific you we relooking for regarding the hotel or price, please let me know personally . Would love to talk to you for anything in the future.

Safe travels,