“First time here.”

Ranked #20 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Michigan
“First time here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We reserved a 2 bedroom unit. When we got there we asked for a 3 bedroom unit because we had 8 in our party. 4 adults & 4 children. We say other reviews that said they were not charge $25.00 extra per night as we were. When we got to our unit the housekeeping left alot to be desired. We did our shopping at Walmarts to make up for the items we needed in the rooms. The grounds and pools areas were well kept. The balcony was dirty and look out at constuction and I4. The room was very dated and needs to be up graded. The sign in lady said we were to be put by the pond but this was not the case. May or may stay here again. Will close for now.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gramps66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,821)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Floridays Resort. I would recommend it highly to anyone visiting the Orlando area. Everything was provided in our suite. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that our building (F) was located the farthest from the main building.

Room Tip: Select a building closer to the front of the property if you can.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TallahasseTraveler1
Wolverhampton,England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

The Terry family, Wolverhampton, England.

I'm sure after reading the reveiws a lot of you were like me: "on the whole this place sounds good, but theres a couple of issues that concern me". I can honestly say that the experience we had was very good; we are a family of five-- myself, my wife (five-months pregnant), and three children, 16 12, and 9. The condo had everything we needed, from room space to cooking and cleaning appliances. The resort pool, spa, gym, front desk, bar, and cafe were great; our only negative was the price of the food at the cafe. We saw security walking around a couple of times which I'm sure gives everyone, especially families, peace of mind. The staff we spoke too were great, they always helped us as best they could. The location is excellent for all the parks-- my own personnal opinion is that we chose correctly hiring a car (we were not going to bother initially because of the trolley buses available), but having the car gave us much more freedom to go when and where we wanted to. I would definitely recommend Floridays to family and friends. Thanks for a great time.

Room Tip: We stayed in block B, which was really close to all the amenities.
1 Thank theTerryfamily
St Ives, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We're still here (came for 2 weeks & leave on Saturday) so I'm writing this for you while it's fresh in my memory. Firstly this place is absolutely superb value for money. The apartments are two or three bedroomed with two bathrooms including a huge jacuzzi bath. Fully equipped Kitchen, washer & dryer, dining area, comfortable sofa & chairs, TV in every room and a balcony. Hair dryer in each bathroom too. Totally home from home comfort for the same price as you pay for a standard bedroom with just two double beds in it at the rip off Disney resort hotels. I've stayed in both the Dolphin and All Stars previously so speak from first hand experience.

Hot tip from me, after a few days you're 'parked out' so to escape the over saturation of Disney etc it's an absolute haven to get away from it by NOT staying in a resort hotel with it down your throat 24/7. Even with young kids like mine (6 and 8) you do need to escape it after a few days - trust me on that, you'll thank me for it I assure you.

Staying at Floridays be sure to ask for a room from the third floor upwards. The reason for this is becauseprice along on the ground floor apartments are completely closed in by a protective black screen which is claustrophobic. The second floor apartments all have a 4ft brick wall instead of railings on the balcony so when you're sat down you're staring at a solid wall - awful. Kids will also be standing on chairs to look over the wall, I've seen it - dangerous. From floor 3 upwards you have railings so you can sit down & enjoy the views of the lakes & watch the turtles bobbing about in the water etc.

The bistro cafe is basic so don't expect anything other than fried junk - burgers, pizza, chicken wings etc. the Caesar salad is pleasant enough but this is not by any stretch of the imagination a restaurant like described on the website!!! It's a few chairs & tables inside a shop and a few outside on the patio by the bar. I emphasise not many, literally about six or seven tables, absured for the size of the resort, so get there very early. Lots of restaurants nearby though, some very nice ones on Vineland Avenue, literally the first right hand turn from the resort. Go out exploring, it's brilliant fun! There is a Bennihana restaurant within walking distance which is handy & quite good fun. If you haven't tried Teppanyaki style cooking then give it a go, it's fresh & enjoyable.

If you want to be near the main pool and the bar/bistro then ask them for a room in either building A or B. but to be fair, it's not all that far to walk from the other buildings, just with the intense heat it feels a bit much that's all. Once you acclimatise it's nothing.

You won't go wrong with this resort, it's excellent value for money. Smart, well maintained, clean. The staff are friendly & helpful and the best tip anyone can give you is buy your park tickets in the USA and absolutely NOT in advance in the UK despite all the sales blurb. We saved almost £400 buying them here & you can get great deals not only from the hotel concierge but from no end of shops along International Drive, don't let the travel agents in the UK rip you off.

Booked this hotel through booking.com and delighted with their price, do some price comparisons and I'll wager you find their deal to be the best. With that and reading the comments left on trip advisor I booked this hotel well informed and we have not for one moment been disappointed. I strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank JYPayne
Skanderborg, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We had chosen Floridays Resort in Orlando because of the rating as no. 1 in Tripadvisor. In general I must say, that this hotel did not live up to the standard I expected from the ratings and reviews.

First of all, when we arrived, our room was not ready so we had to wait until 5.30PM to check in. The front desk staff were very nice and offered us to keep our groceries and we could use the pool while we waited for our room.
We had asked for a room in builing B or C at the highest floor overlooking either the pool or lake, and we got a room as requested in building B, overlooking the lake. So far so good.
The 2 bedroom appartment were rather dark and the furnitures etc. looked old and "tired" compared with the other hotels we had experienced at our roundtrip in Florida.
But the main issue we had was the cleaning. The kitchen had dirty plates in the closet, dirty spots all over and the bathrooms were not perfectly clean (like hairs on the floor).
When we adressed the improper cleaning we had a discount of 1 days resort fee (15 USD)! no replacement of the dirty plates we brought to the front desk.
Kitchen utensils only for 4 and we are 5 in the family and the 2-bedroom suite should accomodate up to 6...
The beds in the bedrooms were ok but the sofabed was dirty and the blanket as well.

The main pool and poolarea is fantastic and clean and there are plenty of towels available at the pool. We did not use the smaller pool at building D but that looked great as well.

Overall we had a good stay at Floridays but the cleaning and missing plates etc. in the kitchen makes this a 3 star experience for us. Location is excellent and quiet and close to all theme parks. Public grocery store nearby and outlet malls.

I will probably look for another hotel next time we come to Orlando.

2 Thank birgitte_bjorn
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Our stay at Floridays was quite nice and more than expected for the price. Traveling with three adults and two children, the two bed, two bath was perfect. After reading reviews, I wanted to have a room in building B, 3rd floor or above. (close to the pool and have a view). We ended up in building B but on the 1st floor. We were facing the pond and actually enjoyed this room very much. No waiting for elevators, and only the first floor balconies are screened in which was great for bugs. People do walk past your room but we enjoyed listening to the conversations. We had a four and five year old traveling with us and the location in relation to the parks was perfect. The pool was heated and the girls loved the pool. We would go to the park in the a.m. and then head home for a few hours for naps and then go back to the park. We packed a little cooler to take to the park so we didn't buy hardly any food at the park. One day we took red bulls into the park (for the adults) and sooooo many people asked us where we bought them. They were disappointed to find out we brought them in ourselves. The hotel food at the palms cafe was a bit overpriced. $5.50 for a beer and I think $7.50 for a mango margarita. One night I had a blackened grouper sandwich and it was $12.50. We did order a pizza also and it was about $19 for a large. It was burnt and the cafe replaced it no problem. Since the rooms are more like a condo, shop at the publix for groceries. Don't forget the drinking water because we used our bottled water for the coffee and then wised up and bought a gallon of drinking water. I wasn't fond of the tap water. Be sure to buy or bring with you the kruger K cups if you drink coffee. They supply a few and offer them in the cafe to buy but it's cheaper just to bring them. All groceries are a little bit more expensive down there (compared to MI). bring some of your favorite dry goods if you can fit them in your bags. Also bring a few dishwasher cubes. They supply you with 1 dishwasher box of powder for one load. Again, this is just one more thing to bring that's no big deal and will save you from buying it at the publix. There aren't a lot of dishes in the condo so we ran the diswasher each day. There are little shampoos and soap there but they won't replace these once you run out. We will be going back to Floridays again for our next Disney trip; especially since we alternate days at the park with days at the pool. They do have pool towels so we didn't need to bring the towels that I packed. If you're having a pool day, get to the pool early if you're picky about your pool spot. We needed to be near the kids and those locations for beach chairs fill up. It wasn't too bad but I'm crazy organized so I staked our pool spots before 9am. We weren't at the pool until 11am. On the flipside, if someone had moved our stuff than that would have been fine. unless your sitting in the chair, all chairs are up for grabs, even it it's my chair I'm saving. If this hotel had a spa, it would have been perfect.

Room Tip: Building A and B are the closest to the large pool area, and the palms cafe. Ask to preview your ro...
2 Thank KoolkatMichigan
winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

The 2 bedroom/2 bath suites are excellent. Kitchen is very well equipped. Comfy beds.
My onlly complaint is the pool area....it is tiny and has too many palm trees blocking the sun.
Those need to be cut down. More loung chairs need to be at the main pool area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family