“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #208 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We checked in around 9:30 PM after an entire day at Islands of Adventure and our had not been cleaned yet. Twenty minutes later we were disrupted by another cleaning person who did not knock, but rather barged into our room unannounced. The air conditioner was extremely loud making it difficult to sleep. The pictures are fabricated and lure visitors into an illusion of a resort. There is an unknown fee that is automatically charged to your account whether or not you use their "water park" or not. We did not use the park since we checked in at 9:30 PM and left as soon as possible in the morning. DO NOT STAY HERE. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank casey10s
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

We are very sorry to hear about the inconvenience you faced during your stay. Regarding our fees, any fee that we charge such as our resort fee and taxes are clearly stated on our web site and during the booking process. Please give us a call or e-mail us if you would like to discuss this matter in further detail.

There are newer reviews for Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort

Reviewed 27 February 2012

While I don't write reviews often, I stayed at the Coco Key in Feb 2012. The kids enjoyed the water park HOWEVER I misplaced my keys to my room and when I asked for a replacement key they gave it to me without ID just by saying the room number. SAFETY is priority one, especially with children and where this hotel is located.

6  Thank SamB468

We are disappointed to hear about your stay with us. The safety of our guests is definitely a top priority and we are sorry that you felt this was not the case. We have security on property at all times and our front desk staff ensures that each guests’ identity is verified before any keys are given out.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

hi, me and my family will be staying here 13 nov 2012 for 17nights, there will be 8 of us ( 5 adults 1 teenager 2 children ) I was just wondering how big the rooms are have they got in room safes and I heard they have microwaves now is this true? also what is the weather like in November and how busy is the theme parks? stayed at continental plaza October 2010 so I know i.drive but just want to know what November in parks and weather is like and hotel stuff please

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your interest in CoCo Key. Please e-mail us at reservations@cocokeyorlando.com and we would be happy to assist you with questions regarding your stay. We look forward to your arrival!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We had a great time at Coco Key Orlando last weekend. We had a great room right on the 1st floor facing into the covered pool area. While my kids played in the waterpark I was amazed at how vigilant the lifeguard staff was. Although this park is not large by Aquatica/wet&wild standards they had more lifeguards than I expected and they watched their assigned areas like hawks. I had no safety concerns for my children while this vigilant staff was on duty. I was very impressed as you can tell. The weekend buffets for less than $11 per adult with a free child was a pretty good deal. The food was not outstanding but for $11 and the kids eat free it was not bad at all. The staff was very friendly within the whole resort and there was always a staffer available throughout if you had any questions. Great Job to the Staff and Mgmt that trained them..We will be back!!

Room Tip: Choose a waterpark view room
4  Thank bigdcobia
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Hello BigDCobia,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Rooms have been renovated ---they are modern and upbeat. Beds are great-flat screen tv's. Staff are accomodating, friendly and fun. We had some special requests that they went out of their way to make happen. Pool is warm and well maintained. We booked in with our son and his family for 1 week and ended up staying an extra 6 days after they left.
Location is great.
My only caution is that not all facilities are operating mon-thurs in off season.

4  Thank june1653

Hello June1653,

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We took advantage of a Groupon coupon for a 2 night stay at this water park resort and we are really happy we did! What a fun place to stay!! Admission to the water park is included with your hotel booking. There are actually two water park areas , one for the smaller children (which is under a cover) and another area which has the main slides. There are a lot of lifeguards present, keeping a close watch on all the activity. There are plenty of tables in both areas for grownups to sit if they do not want to play in the water. This hotel could be a day of fun in and of itself, whether you were going to the other parks in Orlando or not. Our room was very large and spacious with very comfortable beds. This is not a newly built property; however, they have done a great job remodeling it and it is a very attractive, welcoming place. On site there is a full service restaurant as well as a Pizza Hut/casual foodGrille/pool bar and a grab & go convenience store. But if these dining options aren't what you want, don't worry...since this hotel is located on International Drive, you will be able to find whatever you might be hungry for since Int'l Drive has at least one of every known restaurant on earth somewhere on it. The hotel is convenient to I-4 and is in a good area for shopping. CoCo Key also offers a complimentary shuttle to SeaWorld, Wet & Wild and Universal Oralndo Resort. This place easily lived up to its advertising and is definitely worth considering if you are heading to Orlando.

Room Tip: We stayed in Building 6 in which all rooms opened to a hallway. Other buildings' doors opened t...
2  Thank Floridagirl113
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the amenities at our property, location, and guestroom. We hope that you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Hotel rooms have been refurbished including the bathrooms. Mini fridge, coffee maker, flat screen TV. Water park would be lots of fun for the kiddies. Only downside was that we were in building 7 and couldn't pick up the wifi signal. Shuttle bus to the parks is a great convenience as is the International Drive bus which you can go from one end to the other on for $1.25 or a one week pass for $10

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple