“The Best Rental I've stayed in in Orlando...bar...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Goofyspad

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
IJames_12
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“The Best Rental I've stayed in in Orlando...bar none!”
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

We took our 3 children (12, 15 and 18) to stay at Goofyspad in Aug 2015, It was our 4th visit to Orlando and we've always rented properties as we like the space and flexibility it offers. I can honestly say that this house was the best we've stayed in and we're already planning our next visit and have recommended it to my sister and her family who have been equally impressed.

The location is excellent - far enough away from the hustle and bustle to be able to relaxed after a hard day in the theme parks, but close enough to the parks and restaurants on route 192 to be able to eat somewhere different every day.

We were there in a very hot spell, but the house was perfectly air conditioned. The house is on a very secluded, private, quiet estate and felt incredibly safe and secure, which is important when you have children. The house was clean, spacious and beautifully appointed. Each child room has a disney theme, the table tennis table and pool table are both in very good condition and got lots of use, every room has TVs in, there are 100's of TV channels available for the evenings and the kitchen has more mod cons than my house at home!

All the houses I've stayed in in Orlando have been good, in fairness, and the value for money is exceptional compared to European villas, but this one takes the biscuit as far as me and my family are concerned. The details and care and attention that have gone into making this property a real home from home are what makes it stand out for me.

I should also mention the pool, which is large, heated and has a safety fence around it which would be useful if you have younger children.

The key collection service is really easy. Rather than have to go and find some agents office miles away to collect a key (which I've done before), at Goofyspad, you just enter a code at the property and get the key from a secure box. It sounds a small thing, but after an 8 hour flight and a drive from the airport at night, things like that make a difference. The communication before and after with the owner was fast and easy, and I couldn't fault this place, and will definitely be back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quality of the fit out and the space of the property
Liked least: Going home!
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Feb 2016
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm delighted you had a wonderful time and we hope to have you back again soon.
Best Wishes
James
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in May 2015

Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 Feb 2016
Thank you very much for the kind words, hope to see you again soon!
KathyJaay
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed at Goofyspad with a group of six friends and it was the ideal base for our Orlando holiday. The house was spacious and homely, could have fit more of us quite comfortably. The location was great, just a short drive from Disney and Universal, and with local restaurants and a big Walmart close by-really handy for picking up all the necessities.
The area the house is in felt like a nice, quiet community. The pool/hot tub area is well placed and feels quite private, we spent quite a few days just chilling around the haven of our pool when we couldn't face the madness of the parks! We went for a few early evening walks around the small reservoir type things near by and were lucky enough to spot a baby alligator on a couple of occasions!
We are planning on going back to Florida again next year and will definitely be staying in Goofyspad again.

Travelling group: Friends
4 Feb 2016
Thank you so much for the kind words about our villa. We'll look forward to having you stay with us again next year!
Kerry G
Palm Springs, United States
“Nice Home”
Reviewed 13 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Goofyspad for our annual family vacation to Orlando. Being a large group of 12, this home accommodated our needs very well. We never felt crowded. The home is a short 10 minute drive to local eateries in town, and only a 15-20 minute drive to Disney. My only recommendation would be to check on the A/C. The house was rather warm, although it didn't quite bother us since we stayed in December and the days were cool. However, if it had been summer, I can see where one would be uncomfortable. Other than that, all was well, and we enjoyed our stay.

Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
16 Jan 2016
Thank you for your kind words, I will have our maintenance man look into the A/c to ensure this is resolved in time for the summer months. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Best Wishes James
MillerFam...
Jefferson, Maine
“Perfect stay for disney”
Reviewed 2 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

The house was amazing and very cozy. The travel to Disney was 20min with traffic. It was great to come home for dinner and feed the kids so they could rest a little and then return to the parks for the night shows. Universal was also a quick drive and everything one would need is near by! We also went to cocoa beach while we were there, and although we had packed towels and beach toys, they do have some there for everyone! The beds were really comfortable and the house was extremely clean. The kids...along with my husband and I, enjoys the pool to cool off after a long day out in the Florida sun! Directions to the house were very clear along with step-by-step requests that the owners asked (I.e. Trash, locking of doors etc). Also the game room was super fun for the kids. I would go back in a heart beat!!!

Travelling group: Young Children
16 Jan 2016
Thank you so much for your kind words, i'm delighted you and your family had a wonderful time and you are welcome back anytime! Best Wishes James
Jewell300...
Atlanta, Georgia
“This house is dirty, hot and broken down.”
Reviewed 29 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

I called the management company several times from Tuesday, (when I checked in) until Saturday, (the day I left). My calls were never returned until Saturday, (after I left). When I arrived to the home I was greeted with overflowing trash cans, broken door, blinds on the floor, trash on the floor on the side of the sofa, bugs in the tub and toilets, soap scum in the shower in the master bedroom, iron burn marks on the carpet in the master bedroom and the rugs and carpet were filled with trash, and grime from not being vacuumed, dust that had built up so much until it triggered my husband's asthma and a smoke detector with a low battery that went off every 5 minutes for 2 days of my stay (I have a 7 month old our nights were miserable). I had to spend part of my vacation cleaning the home. The temperature ranged from 80-85 degrees and we could not set the air below 74. The house was hot and muggy. Young men from the neighborhood ran through the backyard and urinated in broad view. I would NOT stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I liked the pool.
Liked least: The house was dirty, hot, and noisy
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
4 Feb 2016
Thank you for your review. Due to this booking being very last minute we weren't aware that our management agent missed the clean prior to your stay which would have alleviated all of your issues above. We have taken the decision to change our management agency in light of your review and hope going forward we won't experience any issues. We haven't had a complaint in the 4 years we have owned the villa and were obviously disappointed to hear about this.
Many Thanks
James
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$133
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing