“The food they serve is always cold!!!”
Review of Melao Bakery

Melao Bakery
Ranked #38 of 296 Quick Bites in Orlando
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Puerto Rican
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The food that you see in those trays, when you walk in, is always cold. Their solution is to warm it up in the microwave. If you like your food warmed in the microwave, this is your place. Cold rice, cold BBQ chicken, cold viandas, cold pernil, cold lasagna, etc. I have to say that pastries are good.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The menue and the displays are mostly in Spanish BUT the breakfast we had was VERY good. And affordable. And nice service was provided. What else do you need???

Reviewed March 29, 2018

We have had dinner at Melao, and most recently breakfast. The dinners I recall we had were good. What I liked about breakfast was that we could order off a general lunch menu. Many locals stop in and they always have a good number of people there for the baked goods.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is so far my favorite place to eat in Orlando. is casual, no long waiting for food ( because most of it is already prepared) except for the delicious mofongos. Good price for food ( mofongo$9 to 14 aprox.) ( plate of 2 sides 1 meat for about $8) and good variety of pastries. I went to the one at consulate st or rd. but I heard they have another at Kissimmee. Too bad this restaurant is away from my home town. :( I could eat there every day.

1  Thank Tatiana S
Reviewed March 24, 2018

Being married to a native Puerto Rican, I've become quite familiar with the island's cuisine. This restaurant hit it on the money. Not only is the food as I've had when I'm down there, the atmosphere was very reminiscent of several places I've been to when in Puerto Rico. About 90% of the clientele is Spanish speaking, so the default language is Spanish, but they very quickly convert to English as needed without hesitation or irritation. We brought two relatives of mine who needed far more coaching on what to order, and the person at the register (you order and pay ahead) was very helpful to offer suggestions on the most authentic style for their food. My wife was very happy with the food and nobody went away hungry with reasonably priced food. Great stuff!