6,218 results
All reviews international drive pool area orlando eye walking distance bahama breeze poolside bar olive garden restaurants and bars games room pointe orlando resort fee concierge desk great pool clean towels shuttle service shuttle bus convention center
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday at the Avanti. We are a family of 4, adults and 2 teenagers. We stayed in Block 1 first floor, the room was in need of a desperate refurb. Air conditioning is very noisy and you can tell the unit is old. We all got colds and sore throats. The bathroom is very small you just about have enough room to stand when you get out of the shower. The bathroom was not cleaned properly if at all, tiles were broken and chipped in parts. The worst thing of all was the floor, it was dirty and dusty. I witnessed the cleaner, use a hand towel from the bathroom and attach it to a mop to clean the floor in our room. The cleaner then proceeded to put the dirty hand towel in the cleaning cart with the rest of our dirty towels. I was gonsmacked!
The pictures you see of this hotel are very misleading, I was shocked at how different it actually looked and so much smaller. I have been to Orlando many times but decided to pay the difference to stay at the Avanti than the price of the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando but it was not with the extra money!

There was no cable TVs which you could pay for as it's sometimes nice to watch a family movie when you come in from the Parks.

The only plus I can say about this hotel is the location!

I did contact Guest Services when we arrived on 28 October but was told the nicer rooms were in another block and they were all full for the next 2 weeks.

I will not be returning to the hotel nor will I be recommending it!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nomad20404742631
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fourth visit to this hotel. As FL residents, it has served as a reasonably priced weekend getaway. Never had problems, until this past visit, to celebrate a friend’s birthday.
We booked three months in advance, requesting a poolside double on the first floor. Reservation included a “former guest free breakfast voucher for each morning.” Upon arrival, were told no free breakfast. Went to our assigned room, housekeeping was still cleaning the room. And, it was behind the cafe with a view of the backside of building. We were reassigned a room, on second floor, in a different building. I asked if bellhop could meet us at new room with key, or come and help us move our stuff. I was told that no bellhop was currently on duty. My friend schleped our stuff while I walked to lobby to get the new key. I walked into lobby and was greeted by a bellhop playing on his phone. The desk girl said that she looked into our breakfast vouchers and said that we were supposed to get them. No apology for stressing me out.
Breakfast was a bust, as they were out of several items, so we ate off property.
I emailed manager, who forwarded my info to, “higher ups.” This was two weeks ago, with three follow up emails from me, with still no response.
I guess they don’t care about “locals” as they bank on foreign travelers by calling themselves an International resort. Take caution, you get what you pay for.
Watch out for roaches in your room, and keep your luggage zippered tight!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location was great near many good restaurants. The pool was cleaned daily which I really appreciated. The room was exactly like the picture on the website which my wife really like. Service was good.

Room tip: Choose the high floor to have less traffic in the hallways.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BrittanyManzie, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy to read how pleased you were with our clean pool, comfortable room and our central location. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having been to international drive before we picked this hotel due to its location on international drive.
There’s everything you need within an easy walk of this hotel,loads of bars and restaurants,shops.
The hotel itself I would rate average,the pool bar I found to be expensive but there’s a supermarket just over the road so if you stay around the pool one day you can take drinks in.
There’s a cafe on site that does simple food,pizzas we about the best.
Couldn’t fault the room ,we were in block b which has been refurbished,we had a couple of issues but nothing major,but they were promptly sorted out.
If your thinking of booking this hotel there’s nothing to worry about.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank amkDoncaster

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed our central location in the heart of International Drive, our resort and our on-site amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've been meaning to do this review for months, however we had a family member unwell so only now getting around to doing it. I've never done a review before but had to share my experience - myself, my elderly mother and my daughter stayed in this hotel in December, and we had a fantastic holiday. The hotel is spotless and very clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The pool area is fab (both child friendly and for adults) - plus amazing cocktails at the pool bar which was an extra bonus. We are going back next year due to such a great holiday. The hotel is very central and there are easy access to the parks with the shuttles at the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anybody - it's fab! Thank you Avanti for such a wonderful holiday and fabulous memories!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for selecting Avanti International for your recent trip to the Orlando area. We are delighted to read how pleased you were with our clean resort, on-site amenities and our friendly team members. We look forward to welcoming you back with us again soon.