“I go back every year”
Review of Tapa Toro

Tapa Toro
Reserve with OpenTable
Tapa Toro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #429 of 4,275 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: Located at I-Drive 360, Tapa Toro features tapas-style dining, a full-service bar and nightly Flamenco dancing. The restaurant leads with a 12-seat paella pit serving up family-style paella, a traditional Spanish dish made of rice, vegetables, and meat or seafood.
Reviewed September 8, 2017

Every summer I go to Orlando and Tapa Toro is a stop that I don't want to miss.
I go there for the Spanish food. I usually bring new friends to show this wonderful place to as many people as possible. I never had a friend who disappointed by their food.

I highly recommend to take the smalls appetizer compare to the meal. I usually ask for the gazpacho (only if they have the regular one), potatoes with chorizo, roasted mushrooms, ham croquettes. The best way is to share.

The sangria is good. I will definitely go back again and again.
I only wish they had the classic gazpacho every time I was going.

Date of visit: July 2017
TapaToroOrlando, Manager at Tapa Toro, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Thank you for being a regular guest and for bringing friends with you! We're glad that we have impressed you on so many visits and that you enjoy our Sangria. We'll definitely consider your feedback on the gazpacho! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

We went to restaurant to celebrate my daughter's birthday and have paella dinner. Started with appetizers and drinks during happy hour. Kyle , bartender, was very helpful in choosing drinks and appetizers. As each was served, he was there to explain ingredients and cooking techniques. Took a real interest in us as customers. We ordered paella ( 40 minute prep) and other dinners while in bar. Kyle took care of arranging meal for us and when dinner was ready, we we escorted to our table. Paella was very good and we enjoyed it. It did not equal paella that we ate in Barcelona,but was still very good. Dessert was tart lemon tart, just the way I like. Flamingo dancer was entertaining and danced through entire restaurant. All in all a very enjoyable evening. Definitely 10/10.

Date of visit: September 2017
TapaToroOrlando, Manager at Tapa Toro, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Thank you so much! We are thrilled to hear that you (and your daughter) had a wonderful time celebrating with us and that you were able to enjoy our paella, tapas and cocktails. We hope to have you back again very soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2017

Toro is one of the restaurants near the Orlando Eye. The multi level parking was for all intended purposes, inaccessible. The line to get in was huge and it did not move. After waiting for a while, we decided to park across the street. This is not Toro's fault, but it was the beginning of the end to my magical experience. I was really excited to visit this restaurant. Specially because of the flamenco and the paella. I visited Spain and was thinking the place may be similar to the ones on my trip. When we got there the music was SO LOUD. It reminded me when I was 21 dancing at a nightclub. My ears are still ringing while I am writing this review (together with the after effects of a bad digestion... Yes, you know what I mean). I could barely understand what the waiter was saying. We selected the items from the magical dining menu. I love meatballs, so that's what I got as an appetizer. If those meatballs were made in house, I would tell the chef to seriously consider a career change. They had to be frozen, and not the good ones. They were bad. As the main course I ordered the chicken and vegetable paella. Paellas are special because of the way they are cooked. The ingredients are all cooked together. Not this one. The rice and vegetables were cooked separately from the chicken. It was obvious from the color of the chicken. I know what a paella is and what a paella tastes like. That was NOT a paella. At this point, I was just about to run out of the restaurant, but I could not run fast enough carrying my little girl, which by the was was covering her ears the whole time. We ordered the dessert, and to my surprise the churros were the best churros I've ever had. I don't mind paying $35 for a good meal, but this is the first magical dining experience that made me wish I had dinner from McDonald's instead. BTW, the flamencos were in a galaxy, far, far away from the real Flamenco that we saw in Spain. The least Toro could have done was hire a real guitarist to have the ladies dance with real music. Maybe Toro's strategy is to have the music so loud that you forget about everything else. I never write reviews like this, but people have to know about this before wasting $35 per meal.

Date of visit: September 2017

We are very sorry to hear that this was your experience with us, especially during Magical Dining. It is always our hope that guests feel comfortable and leave satisfied, so it's very disappointing that this was not true during your visit. Music should never be that loud and we will be sure to address with our staff. Our meatballs and paella are both made in house and to-order. And while we put a contemporary spin on traditional Spanish dishes, they should never me underwhelming. Thank you for your honest feedback. We will discuss eith the team.

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

We visited for Orlando Magical Dining month. We had the meatballs appetizer and chicken vegetable paella as entree. Honestly, the meatballs tasted like the frozen meatballs you can get at price club. The paella was not really a paella, more like vegetable rice with a grilled chicken breast on top (not cooked together like a real paella). The only good part about the meal were the churros. The flamenco entertainment are just girls with castanets dancing to top 40's music (which was terribly loud as well). Will not be back.

Date of visit: September 2017

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. We are very sorry that your meal and our atmosphere we're a letdown. This is not something we take lightly at all and will speak with our team to improve. All dishes are made in-house with fresh ingredients and while our paella is a contemporary take on the traditional dish, should still feel similar to paella. We do hope you'll reconsider visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Ok forget the rather naff title but the food here really does excel.
Located in the new(ish) Idrive 360 complex, Tapa Toro is a very pleasant dining experience enhanced by the flamenco dancer who appeared during our visit. Shame that she was performing in a fairly empty restaurant! The food is somewhat pricey, however, 2 adults and 2 kids comfortably shared some starters followed by a large portion of paella.
Service was excellent and the menu was explained in great detail. If you like your tapas or, are looking for something different, give this place a whirl. I would gladly return.

Date of visit: July 2017
TapaToroOrlando, Manager at Tapa Toro, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us Stephen! We're glad that you and your family discovered our restaurant and were able to enjoy some of our tapas and paella on your first visit! We have a nightly flamenco show that begins at 7 pm so you can plan accordingly if you wish to see it again on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!