Quality Suites Universal South
US$285
US$240
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$166
Hilton.com
US$144
US$134
Hotels.com
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$189
US$172
US$394
US$303
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We have just came back from 2 weeks in this hotel, Breakfast Ok but huge amount of people and not enough room, more or less the same every morning.The rooms are very dated and I thank god we never saw any roaches. The Free internet would be useful if this stayed on for at least 5 minuets. Not a good location to get to international drive if you are not renting a car. The best points for us was the Hot tub, just what we needed after a long day in Disney. They did try to charge us again for charges when we had paid these upfront. don't go if you are looking for anything decent as this is a very basic hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lisa l
qualityuniversal, Manager at Quality Suites Universal South, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of our hotel staff, we would like to thank you for choosing the Quality Suites Universal South for your lodging needs.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

We would like to take this opportunity to offer our sincere apology for the trouble you might have encountered with the Wi-Fi connection during your stay.

We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Horrible experience , don't know where to start from.
Made reservation for our anniversary trip as wanted to spend little money at hotel room to spend more in Disney. Hotel looked good in choice hotels pictures so made reservations for 3 nights. During check in, the gentleman at front desk was very pleasant and helpful. He gave us room and told bailout breakfast hours. Lobby appeared nice so we assumed that room will be good to ( don't judge a book by its cover!!) . We did not went in room first and decided to take a walk at universal city walk and come back and get settled in room later. So, later when we came back with all luggage in hands and as soon as we stepped in room, there was a lizard right above us on the wall. we stepped right back out. We reached at front desk to ask if we can get another room or if some one check new room before we get one. Front desk associate was no where to be found. Looked every where and saw some one in white shirt with no uniform or name tag but he put his cigarette aside and gave us a look as if we really interpreted his smoke and came in he was different man from one who checked us in. He did not smiled or greeted but asked"YES". I said softly keeping in mind that there were other guests in lobby and did not want hotel to loose and potential guest that there is lizard in room, he asked "May I see your Id" . ID??? I was confused ,I checked in with an ID so what has my ID to do with lizard in room. I showed him ID and asked him if we can have another room and while I was talking he told me" HOLD ON". Hold on??? we are standing in lobby with luggage in out hands. Then he asked " SO YOU WANT TO CHECK OUT". Crazy... I am here asking for different room I asked him should not you be apologizing and offering us different room?? He said " USUALLY PEOPLE CHECK OUT" that means it happens all the time that ???? I was really upset now and my husband was furious too " remember, its our anniversary today."
I went on line in lobby and made reservation for Marriott Spring Hill Suites. Went to front desk gentleman again and told him that we were willing to check out and need a receipt that nothing has been charged to us, he said " I WILL CHARGE YOU FOR ONE NIGHT" Hunnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!! for what?? I asked him what do not you send some one and check that we have not even used the room we went in and out and you have God knows how many Lizards in rooms but one for sure so charge us for what, or if we are getting penalised for making a mistake of making reservation in your hotel , getting insulted and no apologise what so ever. I asked for Manager then he responded " ITS JUST ME HERE< MANAGER WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TILL TOMORROW, I WILL CERTAINLY CHARGE YOU FOR ONE NIGHT AND I DID SENT SOME ONE TO CHECK YOUR ROOM> ITS CLEAN AND THERE IS A LIZARD IN ROOMS. I GAVE YOU OPTION !) MINUTES AGO TO CHECK OUT BUT YOU DID NOT GAVE ME AN ANSWER THEN SO I WILL CHARGE YOU KNOW." This was hike of humiliation, we were in lobby for 10 minutes make another arrangement for room and since we are 10 minutes late to check out you will charge us. We told him that you are very bad person and making our day worse day ever, you give us a "0" amount receipt or we need to call some one for help. He said' CALL ANY ONE, I DO NOT CARE."
While I was on phone with 911 operator to ask for some one to help, he called some one too. Before police arrives, a gently man came to us and said he was manager ( I wonder now suddenly manager is available, after all this humiliation) We explained him everything , he apologised as soon as police came in he agreed to check us out with no charges. We left and went to other hotel it was great there, beautiful clean room and friendly staff.
Please do not stay there they make make your trip worst trip ever. Manager promised to take action on that man internally and requested to not to complain at corporate level. I promised him so I wont but you all must know, what happened do not stay there its really bad..........

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ps1983_10
qualityuniversal, Manager at Quality Suites Universal South, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Quality Suites. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, it helps me monitor the service we provide. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience and humiliation that was caused to you and your husband during your anniversary. I am sorry and disappointed the issues within your room were not resolved, and that you were not offered an alternative room. Please be aware I shall be following up with the issues raised with all members of staff involved and shall certainly be rectifying these concerns accordingly. I would therefore like to welcome you back to the Quality Suites hotel and make sure your stay is fully up to standards, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall personally assist your future bookings.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

First off, I have to say the staff was very nice and helpful. Whatever we asked, the front desk was responsive to help.

However unless you are looking for a quick place to rest you should look elsewhere. Like many of the reviews, I have to agreed that the amenities are old and needs a make over. The free breakfast and internet was what sold me when I selected this place, but be warn they are not the best. Breakfast was extremely crowded even during this off-season, there was simply not enough space for all the guest. The internet was also not stable, I had to call technical service for help to get them to reset the AP, and even then we had many issues connecting multiple devices afterward. All in all I wished I had read the reviews before selecting this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We value your feedback as it helps us in enhancing and developing the service we provide to our guests. I can assure you your comments are being dealt with and we hope to welcome you back to The Quality Suites Universal South in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stopped at Quality Suites just to sleep a few hours along a road trip and were initially impressed with the size of the room. We had 2 double beds and a pull out couch so everyone got their own bed. The double beds were very comfortable, but you could feel each spring in the pull out. My only complaint is that the carpet looked like it needed to get redone.

The bathroom was also very spacious, but had a strange odor in it. The floor tiles were pretty much all cracked and anything metal looked like it was starting to rust.

Luckily, we didn't have to use AC or heating since the weather was perfect when we stayed. We were also afraid of bugs before we slept based on other reviews so we zipped up all of our luggage. Fortunately, we didn't run into any issues with roaches or centipedes.

We didn't use the pool area but it did actually look very nice and the Tiki bar was actually open when we were there. We did have trouble finding a vending machine and when we finally did find one, it ate our money. The reception desk kindly refunded our $2, and we went into their gift shop to purchase a drink. We realized that it was much cheaper to buy anything from there than from a vending machine.

Overall, it was an economic place to just get a few hours of sleep but I definitely wouldn't stay there for the length of an entire vacation.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Quality Suites Universal South hotel, and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to read of your comments regarding the room and bathroom size, the grand re-opening of our Tiki Bar has really been an experience in itself. However, I am concerned you found the room to have a bad odor as all rooms are cleaned daily. I would like to thank you for your feedback as it gives the Hotel the strength to improve its products and services.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

The bed was in fact ok, but the AC made such a racket each time it switched on it was like a train driving through the room. I shouldnt complain, it was cheap and I was alone so you get what you pay for. However I still had not expected such a run down establishment. The staff fronted it well. They were helpful on the front desk and in the newly opened Tiki bar which sold me a late night pizza and a beer. Newly opened should read rather reopened and still covered in debris from before the rebuild. It has a pool. I had no desire to swim in it though. There was just such a shabbiness about the place that it did not feel clean. Honestly Quality this property does not do you proud. Breakfast is worth a mention as it is included in the room rate. Be prepared to scrum down though and remeber to through all the plastic plates and cutlery in the bin when you leave. Free internet worked a treat so thumbs up there. Sorry folks thats the best I could do.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Paola R, Manager at Quality Suites Universal South, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear Former guest,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Our goal is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices.

I want to apologize for your recent experience with us. I am astonished to hear of your experience, as I can reassure you that our rooms are inspected by the Head of Housekeeping immediately after the rooms have been served.

Again, I apologize and I want you to know that immediate actions will be taken. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Ellen