“Great value for the location”

Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive
Ranked #244 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed here during Megacon and the location worked great. The front desk was very friendly, checked us in early and were very helpful. The room did have a bit of a musty smell at first, but when we ran the a/c it went away. Location was perfect for Convention Center and related activities. A very good deal, will definitely stay here again for next year's event.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Tailwheel
daysinn6588, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. It is nice to hear that you left the hotel with a good impression and we have a chance to earn your return stay in the future. Look forward to seeing you next year.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive

Reviewed 15 January 2012

I've stayed here twice now while attending a trade show at the convention center.

First the positives. The staff is extremely helpful. Location is good for the convention center. Price is a bargain for Orlando. And finally, it's nice to have a microwave and fridge in your room.

Now the negatives. The whole place feels dated and needs a remodel. The room smelled extremely musty. Thank goodness for my travel candle. I had no issues with general cleanliness but overall the place looks like it needs a scrubbing, new furniture and a coat of paint. While it was free, the WiFi stunk.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Allie620

Thank you for responding to Trip Advisor. We are sorry for any inconvenience you had while staying with us. We hope to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Even as a discerning traveller I sometimes have to accept the inevitable and stay where I’m put by a client.

This truly is the most dreadful hovel I have ever stayed in within the USA and within recent memory. It is a disgusting dump, and one that lacks any semblance of quality or service.

This property is located opposite the convention center so attracts attendees to that location, and this is how I ended up here.

This is NOT A HOTEL it is a MOTEL. All the rooms open onto a shared balcony walkway, and it’s reminiscent of the type of place you’ll watch in a low budget crime movie where the perp is arrested.

There is no privacy at all in the rooms as there are no sheers/net curtains fitted so you have to keep the curtains drawn at all times to avoid people walking past seeing you, and all your valuables when you’re not there. I can’t count how many times I passed an open door to see a half naked fat guy zipping up his pants, or the lung fulls of cigarette smoke I sucked in as I past other open doors.

The rooms are a two full size bed configuration, and the beds are so small that two of you better be skin thin. If you go as a party of four you're in for a cramped stay!

The mattresses are so hard and old that any perception of comfort you thought would exist is just a vein hope, and they have a tendency to slide off the box spring during the night.

The duvets on the bed are hideous. They are made of some 1970s nylon and slide right off the bed the instant you get in, and are not the type you want to pull up to your face as you sleep. Forget the inviting and welcoming feel of clean fresh Egyptian cotton.

The closet is simply an open rail next to the sink, so best not splash your suits as you wash you face. You get 3 hangers so make sure you bring your own!

The air unit in my room was leaking and the whole room stunk of damp that smelled like baby sick, and was nauseating. There were stains all over the carpet and chairs that make the mind boggle, and we found dried chewing gum stuck to the underside of the table, and plenty of cigarette burns in our NO SMOKING ROOM. This dump of a motel was full due to the convention, so I had no way to change rooms, and as I was not paying the bill this time, I was stuck here.

The painted surfaces are dirty, and corroded in places, and clearly have had no refresh in many years, and where there is evidence of repainting it is clearly been done by an amateur in a hurry while wearing a blindfold.

The towels are smaller than a handkerchief. They provide 3 bath towels which measure no more than 18” by 12”. They are paper thin and as hard a sand paper. I gave the maid a few bucks to leave a pile extra! I got dried on the first day by wrapping myself in the bed sheet.

There is no heat in the bathroom, and so it is chilly cold in there when the weather is colder as it was during my stay. The toilet seat is the type you see in a prison or public bathroom, and has that hideous split at the front. The loo paper is so thin that you’d better take plenty off the roll to avoid having any tearing accidents when in use!

The biggest problem with International Drive is the noise level. At any hour of the night the noise levels are extreme, and after dark the street racing starts, along with pumping bass, screaming, tyre screeching, and you name it you’ll hear it! The motel is so badly built and the rooms so poorly constructed that all this noise permeates into your room. This is one place you’re not going to sleep. Add to that the drunk fools stumbling down the balcony outside your room as they puke their way to bed at 3am.

This motel offers no free breakfast and is linked to probably the smallest IHOP in America. This in turn makes the wait for a table a challenge and creates such a busy and noisy environment that dining is awful at best. If you’re not eating by 715am then expect to wait 30 minutes for a table, or find elsewhere to eat, which is a wiser decision anyway.

If you live in a trailer, have no money, smoke like a chimney, and care not for what people think of you, you’ll be right at home in this flea pit. However, if you love you health, want a good nights sleep, and to feel safe and peaceful stay anywhere but this derelict dump.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank N0dric
daysinn6588, General Manager at Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Please let us apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. We strive to meet the high standards our customers have come to expect and should continue to demand. We promise you that the highest quality of standards will be met in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Only 4 star days inn in orlando. You must be kidding. Old, tired, analog tv, flimsy doors, questionable security, loud. If this is the "highest rated" Days Inn in Orlando, I wonder how bad the others must be. Stay Away!!

2  Thank cardiologist

We appreciate your response on Trip Advisor, and we are sorry for your inconvenience.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I too was here for a conference and for what I paid I certainly found it to be a cheap alternative to the conference hotel, however, basic cleanliness is sort of important in any hotel, despite the price point. I arrived to find leftover hair in my shower, on my bathroom floor and the room did absolutely have a moldy, mildew smell to it. It was sort of funny that while checking in the front desk received a call from a guest with the same smell complaint. I certainly don't fault the staff, who are always helpful and friendly. As a business owner, I always look to the owners who set the pay and the expectations of their staff. The owners of this hotel do not value cleanliness or they would pay more and have much higher expectations. Probably would not stay here again, for health and well being concerns.

4  Thank travellingguy983
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I chose to stay at the Days Inn Orlando Convention Center because it was across the street and much cheaper than the hotel where I had a four day business conference. Although my assistant confirmed my reservation within the day or so before my departure, I arrived at the hotel to find that I had no reservation: hotel staff claimed my reservation was for the previous month! However, they had a room available at double the original quoted rate and I took it. The hotel exterior and grounds are neat and fairly well kept up, but the hotel is definitely older construction. The rooms are fairly quiet, although rooms that face the street like mine did can pick up a some traffic noise, but running the heater/airconditioner beneath the window blocks it out. However, the heating function did not work, even set at "high"; however, I was able to use blankets from both beds and slept warmly. The first night, the room reeked of bleach to an eye watering extent (but the bathroom/toilet/sink area was nice and clean). Excellent, free wireless internet! The IHOP restaurant that is part of the hotel buidling is dismal. This should not be a problem because there are a number of restaurants within very short walking distance of the hotel, and a "supermarket" (really more of a beefed up mini-mart, but they had a fairly good selection of things). Since the room includes a nice-sized little refrigerator and a little microwave, it should be possible to eat on the cheap by bringing things in and zapping them right in your room. Because the hotel is on International Drive, it is just steps to the tram that takes you all over Orlando, so very convenient. In my case, the weaknesses of this property outweighed the strengths and, on my next trip to Orlando, I will try a different hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the opposite side of the hotel from International Drive.
1  Thank DivineMissMaja
Reviewed 6 November 2011

First, let me say that this was the second time I chose this property for a week long stay to attend a trade show at the Orange County Convention Center. It is right across the street and a short walk back & forth, so the location and price is perfect. There was a refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker in the room so breakfast and a few dinners came from Whole Foods.

Do not expect first class maintenance, bedding or other amenities. There was a distinct musty odor in the room but a 98 cent can of Glade from Walmart sprayed on the AC filters took care of most of it. Numerous maintenance & cleaning items such as a clothing size sticker stuck on the wall the entire week, mold in the shower, clean but stained towels and sheets but as I said, don't expect a first class property at the bargain price.