Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
Ranked #132 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Before arriving I contacted the general manager for a last minute reservation change. I was pleasantly surprised to find my request granted. From the initial greeting (Hilton Honors member) to checkout, every request and inquiry was met with friendliness, courtesy, and professionalism. The breakfast attendants and evening reception hosts had their hands full with lots and lots of families, and conventioneers (like myself) but I never felt rushed to make a decision on what omelet ingredients I wanted or what drink to order. I felt that the staff enjoyed their jobs and were interested in providing excellent customer service.

The suites were a good size, clean, and well appointed. The hotel location is perfect for visiting amusement parks, outlet shopping, and foodies. Additionally, it is freeway and turnpike close. I will certainly stay here again whether I have business in Orlando or I am passing through.

Room Tip: Rooms facing I4 view the fireworks at Epcot.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We always love to hear from our future and past guests for any special requests. Anything we can do to try and make your visit better is Job 1. We know you have a choice when visiting Orlando, and I’m so glad you gave us a chance! See you next time!

Have a “Suite” Day!

john.parkinson@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,962)

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We absolutely loved this hotel. The staff was attentive and helpful. The entire hotel was clean and fresh. We enjoyed the indoor pool as well as the outdoor, both are kept up nicely. The location is perfect and the free breakfast was the best I ever had.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mel3412
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I'll be sure to pass your compliments to the breakfast team. It's really a bountiful feast each morning. I have to exercise willpower each morning to walk past a cheese and ham omelet with a mound of pancakes and bacon. The pastery is my weakness though!

Thank you again for your review! Have a "Suite" Day!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

This hotel is situated on a part of International Drive which is a pleasant avenue replete with mature trees and a wide range of places to eat, drink and shop are in easy walking distance. It is well served by public transportation and has good road access so travelling to and from the area’s many attractions and shopping venues is easy. International Drive is in between the Disney and Universal complexes, so is well placed for those intending to visit both. It is also only a short way (walkable) from the huge Orange County Convention Centre.

On entry to the foyer, you are greeted by a huge covered atrium surrounding which are the room walkways. Above the ground floor level there are seven floors of rooms. Public spaces and most rooms are non-smoking, but there are a few smoking rooms available. There is WiFi throughout, available at a fee. Self-parking is complimentary and there is valet parking at a fee. The atrium has many tables and chairs where one can meet and/or relax in a very pleasant environment. Rooms on the top floor (only) have a tiny balcony just large enough to step out onto.

There is a bar, two swimming pools (one inside, one outside) and a fitness centre. A complimentary breakfast buffet, with some cooked-to-order items, is provided, and this has a far broader section than is typical for many US hotels. Standard is fairly good. And for two hours early each evening, complementary beverages, including alcohol, are available to all guests (alcohol subject, of course to the legal age limit of 21). There is a small (and expensive) shop offering confectionery, soft drinks and trinkets etc., and a vehicle rental counter.

The hotel has International Drive to the front and the very busy Interstate 4 to the rear. External traffic noise from both does penetrate guest rooms. This may disturb some people. And my room on the second floor was, I guess, close to the lift (elevator) plant and an annoying intermittent low hum was a disturbance.

We stayed here on two occasions recently, each stay for two nights. Reception staff were pleasant enough but there was, perhaps, just a little less of a feeling of welcome than in some other hotels. Nevertheless, a problem with our reservation on the second occasion was resolved well enough despite the hotel being almost fully booked.

The rooms themselves are large and comprise two parts with a door in between. The first part is a parlour area with comfortable lounge furnishings, a desk, and a “wet bar” with a small sink, coffee maker, fridge, microwave, etc. The main bathroom is accessed from this room. I understand that, as an option, one may choose a room where the parlour is instead arranged for business/conference meetings with a large table and several chairs. I also understand that there are both “presidential suites” (with two bedrooms and two bathrooms) and accessible rooms available.

The second room is the bedroom which also has a washbasin and vanity unit. There are two types of bedroom; those with one king bed are slightly smaller than those with two queens, but the overall space in either is more than enough. There are TVs and telephones in both rooms. The bed was very comfortable and everything worked as it should. The hotel and rooms are air-conditioned throughout.

In all, this is, for those with the necessary budget, a good place to stay, ideally located, but with the matter (an issue for some, perhaps) of the traffic noise. The complimentary breakfast and evening drinks provided go some way to justifying the cost, as does the room environment. Recommended.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on 2nd floor close to lifts. Avoid rooms overlooking I4 and International Drive if poss...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

This may be the single most comprehensive and informative review I have ever seen! I'm realizing that it will be impossible for me to write a response that will do your review justice. I actually don't think I could have written a better review myself... It flowed like a great novel. So now i find myself reviewing the greatness of a review of my hotel; so on that note, i will just say thank you for taking the time to write this! We appreciate that you have a choice when visiting Orlando and thank you for picking us! I look forward to your next visit and review!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on International Drive this March. We were in town for a swim meet and the hotel was just a 5 minute walk from the YMCA pool so this was very convenient for us. There was no shuttle from the Sanford airport so we had to rent a car but the hotel was easy to find and it offered free self parking so it was not a problem. Breakfast was served from around 6:30 to 9:30 or 10 so there was reasonable time to eat and the food was always stocked and available. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful, in fact more so than most hotels we have stayed at. Our room was on the 4th floor in a corner area and it was really quiet and the beds quite comfortable. The air conditioning unit at this hotel was so quiet we barely noticed it and this is very rare in most hotels. The only small issue we had was that one day during our stay housekeeping came rather late while we were dressing to go out for dinner. We opted to forgo the room cleaning that day and just swap our dirty towels for clean ones so it was not really a problem. This hotel is on the trolley line which makes it easy to get around and it also offers free transportation to Disney though the times are somewhat limited. Overall this was a very good stay we would definately return and recommed this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for posting this review. That YMCA is really nice and also has an outstanding fitness center. Thanks for noticing our new AC's. We have been replacing thought the hotel the past few months. It's also nice that they are located I the bathroom, rather than the bedroom like many hotels.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed here for about a week, and found the hotel pretty good. The location is excellent, and the construction of the suites assures good sleep quality and very little noise. The breakfast buffet was pretty good too, and most of the staff was nice. There was however one thing that annoyed me about this hotel,and that was the staff in the souvenir store. One of their employees was very rude in general, and there was an incident where I was suddenly asked out of nowhere if I was pregnant (I am average built, never been pregnant and to be honest I found this question to be rude). Other than that a good hotel overall.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank bwhfhb

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience and I apologize for the comments from the gift shop staff. I have personally spoken to the leadership in that area and it has been addressed with the team member. Your candid review turned into a training tool for our team; although not a glowing showing from our team member, we will learn from it. I am however happy you enjoyed the other aspects of your visit to our hotel. Thank you again and I hope you will give us a second chance when you return to Orlando.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I love this hotel. It was in a great location, rooms were nice etc but there was one downfall. Roaches in the lobby and two in my room towards the end of my stay.

Would I stay there again? Yes but take care of that problem before it gets out of control.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Renebean319

Hello and thank you for your review! I have discussed this with our Operations Team and 3rd party provider. We have comprehensive preventative programs to ensure guests' have a pest free stay. We will review in detail to prevent future issues. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed here three years ago and decided to return 6th March 2012 as we really liked the location, size of suites and the fact that full breakfast is included - very unusual in Florida! Plus there is a complimentary managers drinks reception every evening from 17:30 to 19:30 in which you can have various drinks and nibbles free. Great if you just get back from theme parks or shopping and want to chill out.
The staff here are great and very helpful and the suites are very spacious and well equipped with a fridge and microwave in a kitchen/lounge area plus huge beds as are the norm over there. All was kept spotless and when we had a minor drip from the ceiling in the bathroom on our last evening maintenance came and fixed very efficiently and speedily - even offering to pay for our dinner that evening or a free dessert when we explained we were already heading out somewhere else and they told us to contact them on our return that night and they would sort something out by way of an apology for the inconvenience. Talk about "going the extra mile" they were great!! The only downside was the traffic noise from I 4 due to our room situation but we were exhausted when we went to bed so it didn't really bother us too much. Will definitely return if going to Orlando in future.

Room Tip: Request one overlooking International drive or at least as far away from Interstate 4
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lil61
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, but when you did have a problem, team jumped into action to exceed your expectations. I appreciate that you took the time to point out our service efforts; the team is truly thankful and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Have a "Suite" day!