“Fantastic choice for an early flight” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #32 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
Edinburgh, UK
“Fantastic choice for an early flight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Have now stayed at this hotel 3 times, each time being the night before an early flight. Despite the hotel being located within the airport, the rooms are quiet (even those with a runway view) and comfortable so ideal when you know you need to get a good night's sleep. This time, the only negative things I would mention is that the housekeeping seemed to have slipped a little - the room was quite dusty, particularly around the TV and bedside units also the glass panel in the bathroom door was covered in child size handprints of what looked like shower gel/suncream - really obvious so not just an easy oversight. Also no matter when you turn up there always seems to be a wait at the receiption desk. The pool is also very cold!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Annbam
Alyssa C, Guest Relations at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Annbam,

Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel when traveling, as we truly value your business. I would like to apologize that your guest room was not up to par, as this should not have happened. I can assure you that I have taken your comments to our Executive Housekeeper so that this issue can be rectified.

I hope that this does not deter you from staying with us in the future, as we would appreciate the opportunity to exceed your expectations again.

Alyssa C.
Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (675)
Truro, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed here for a night after flying in to Orlando and starting our vacation the next day. The rooms are nice and reasonably clean with large balconies. Even though it is an airport hotel we found it quiet. The pool was nice with no crowds and it was fun to watch the planes take off from the pool area. Lots of food choices nearby. The gym was good but the treadmill did not seem as good as the one I have at home. Front desk staff was friendly. The location was very convenient and a big plus. The hotel is expensive but worth it for the convenience. Would stay here again and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Liked the outside view of the runway to see planes come and go.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here because we had an early morning flight. The hotel was a little on the expensive side but well worth it. We were able to return our rental car the night before and didn't have to get up until 2 1/2 hours before our flight. We even checked in for our flight and got rid of our big luggage then went back up to our room to relax before we went to the gate.

Very nice room with a balcony and very quiet. Bathroom was really nice with plenty of space.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank labs33
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Hyatt at Orlando airport is convenient hotel with easy access to airport, all variety of food(including hotel restaurants), and easy to taxi or limo to Disney & other area attractions. Large nice balconies overlooking airport. Pool & fitness center.

Room Tip: Get room with exterior balcony overlooking airport.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rick06032011
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're always delighted to hear you enjoy our amazingly convenient location in the airport. We hope to welcome you back to Hyatt soon.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate
Edina, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Our family of four stayed here on the Friday before Easter to have a relaxing night before a morning flight to return home, and I have concluded that staying at an airport hotel should be considered a best practice for families. Our stay at the Orlando Airport Hyatt was very relaxing and convenient. The property was clean, comfortable, updated and staffed with top-notch guest centric staff. I have stayed at a lot of Hyatts over time and have found their system to be very inconsistent in quality-service-cleanliness from hotel to hotel, but this one is a good one (other great picks are Gainey Ranch in AZ and the one on Poipu Beach Kauai - the best in my opinion). When I arrived in the Orlando airport I stopped at the Hyatt front desk and made my reservation for the following week's night before my departure. The front desk staff member was very nice, but lacking in some training on making reservations (she probably does mainly check-ins). Her colleague helped her and I was assured that a room with two double beds was being reserved. Upon check-in, I was told that my reservation was for a king bed room and that there were no doubles available in the hotel. I explained to the front desk person that with four people it was unacceptable, that I was told that a double had been reserved and I could not understand why/how this happened. She was pleasant and offered a larger room with a sofa bed and the option to bring a rollaway into the room ... all at a 70% room rate premium to what I had reserved. I told her that I would take the room, but it would need to be at the original rate that was listed in my reservation. To my delight, she was empowered to say "yes" and she made the change. The rest of the check-in process was very expedient and were quickly in our room. The room was very spacious and well-appointed. Within minutes, a knock at the door and the rollaway appeared. I called down to room service to order a bottle of wine (by the way, their wine selection could use a make-over) and was told it could take up to 40 minutes to receive. Once again, they over-delivered and the wine showed-up in less than ten minutes. Each time we interacted with a Hyatt employee we were treated with respect and the service was prompt and friendly -- I cannot ask for more. The bed was comfortable and the room was exceptionally sound-proof from the airport ... we did not hear one jet all night. We went to the pool on the sixth floor and it was fine, but there was no hot tub and I think all hotels should have one. The next morning, we had a Starbucks close by in the food and shopping area just outside the hotel entrance and all was good with the world. Seriously, this was probably the easiest and least stressful travel morning I have ever had and it causes me to wish that every airport had a hotel in their terminals.

Room Tip: 6th floor is where the pool and fitness center are.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CSB_Edina
Alyssa C, Guest Relations at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear CSB_Edina,

Thank you for your kinds words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! Our location presents a unique opportunity for travelers and we are always happy to assist. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to our staff, as it is sure to make them smile.

If your travels bring you back to Orlando, I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Workington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We arrived late from las Vegas so we decided to stay at the Hyatt in the airport, we had seen the hotel many times while flying through Orlando.
The room was very comfortable with an inside balcony and a nice bathroom, we had a couple of drinks at the bar which was not really designed for anything other than diners but in saying that, the staff were very welcoming for what I'm sure is just a transit hotel.
We had a nice breakfast when it eventually arrived, even though it wasn't very busy we had a very long wait, I think American hotels like to bring you everything you've ordered all at once instead of the cereal first then the rest later which lets your cooked food go even cooler than it already is, so it was just OK!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Jakeylad,

Thank you for taking the time to talk about your recent visit to our hotel. I am happy that we were able to provide you with a comfortable room for the evening after a late flight from Las Vegas. I would like to extend my apologies with regards to your breakfact experience, as I am sure this was an inconvenience.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to Orlando, you will allow us another opprtunity to exceed your expectations.
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

This was my fourth stay at this property - first review. On this trip everything worked perfectly. You work your way through the airport traffic, and arrive at the circular entrance. You have a choice of valet or self parking. In my case, after checking in I returned the car to Hertz and walked back to the room. They do have park & fly packages. As a Diamond member we had a very nice amenity package of wine and cheese with an excellent upgraded room. We live over an hour from this airport, and find the departure convenience to be well worth the cost. When situations arise where the guest is not satisfied - management is responsive in a timely manner. Resolution may not be exactly what you want, but if you give them a chance they will extend themselves to assist you.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Lucky_Patrick
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Lucky_Patrick:

Thank you for taking the time to talk about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. We're delighted to hear how well everything worked, and how perfect your stay was. It's great that you received your nice Diamond amenity package in the upgraded room. We appreciate your comments about how well our Management members are quick to handle any situation. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to our property.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate