“Keep Up the Good Work” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
Ranked #77 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Bradenton Beach, Florida
“Keep Up the Good Work”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Okay, Mr. Jim Berkley, general mgr of Renaissance, I have to admit that you quickly got on my bad side with the daily $9.95 internet charge. However, I soon got over my mad spell when I entered my room. Let's just say I was wowed with the lush bedding and beautiful decor. Nice to have the refrigerator and microwave too. The bathroom, with the Aveda hair & bath products, was extra nice. I also loved the fact that you have three working treadmills and a bike, but I was blown away with the pool. OMG! You had cabanas at the pool and someone came around and asked us if we needed anything from the bar. I didn't try the restaurant, since you do have several restaurant options within walking distance. Nice area to walk and go for a jog. Your staff was friendly and helpful. Super clean place and all of this adds up to one well-managed hotel. Oh yeah, you are now on my good side and we will return. Thanks!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I spent 1 night with my boyfriend at this hotel because our flight was overnight. Just like other airport hotel, it provides a shuttle from airport to the hotel which is good. The lobby and the restaurant looks nice too. However, the hallway and the room is terrible. Our room is damp and not clean and there is even a BIG cockroach in the bathroom. It was 2am in the morning and our light was 11am and we just let it go. In addition, when we were check out next day, I mentioned we used a bottled water in the room because it was not on the bill. The lady in the front desk then put the charge on the bill. When I checked my credit card statement next week I find that they charged me twice on the water. I am not gotta call the bank and spend 30min with them just for $5, but I have to say this hotel REALLY sucks.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CharlotteXa
Hancock, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed here for a meeting over a weekend and then extended two nights. The hotel has a dull, sterile feeling to it in the lobby. The rooms are nice and clean and about what you would expect in a place in this price range. The food the the restaurant is to be avoided at all costs. However, the surrounding food options are stickily strip-mall style. If you want something ether, you're going to have to have a car or take an expensive taxi ride. The pool and exercise room are nice. I was unimpressed, but it might be the best you can do in the Orlando Airport area. I should mention that I would never go to Orlando for a vacation and only go there when I have to for business, so consider that when reading this review.

SAO PAULO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

When I entered this hotel I was impressed by the lobby, really nice and luxurious but the rest was disappointing. When I ordered room service I never got what I had requested. The gym is not well maintained. TV in the bedroom has very few channels to be selected. Definitely not a good quality / price ratio.

Room Tip: My advice, if you are traveling alone, do not accept a room with two queen size beds, it is too smal...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceGenMgr, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you for your candid remarks about our hotel. It seems that although many features of our property met your expectations there were some conditions you were unhappy with. The entire team at the Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel is dedicated to providing excellent service and an impeccable guestroom and food & beverage product thus it is very disappointing to hear we failed to deliver our promise in some ways during your stay. We apologize again and do hope we are able to to have you as a guest in the future if you travel to Orlando again.

Regards,

West Palm Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We booked this room through Hotwire, and so got a great rate. However, extras not included in HW were $9.99 a day for in-room internet (free if you use their computers in the biz center); and $10 parking per day. Also, the main road to the hotel is a toll road - 528.
The hotel's staff was remarkably friendly, and check in was quite smooth. They are used to business clientele - mostly airline and biz travelers were seen. But attractions aren't far away and being out of all the theme park traffic was a plus for us.
Elevator is convenient to the side door for unloading luggage, though porters are available. The room is nicely set up with closet space, a separate nook for the fridge and coffee set-up. (free coffee and tea, but all else costs $$, including water they provide). The sink area, well lit, was separated from the toilet-shower area. The shower was a hotel "rain" head - soothing. We found the beds too soft for our liking - they are the pillow-top variety and didn't provide quite the support we needed.
But the room was spotless and quiet at the end of the hallway; even sort of near the airport, you couldn't notice the planes.
There's a nice bar/lounge in the lobby as well as a restaurant - we didn't try it as we had reservations at the Ravenous Pig in Winter Park (also a winner).

Room Tip: I can't speak to which floor to choose; our 4th floor room was quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceGenMgr, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted about your stay with us. We are delighted our staff and hotel provided a great experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. I've shared your comments with our team. We do hope to have you as a guest again one day!

SF native in Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Had dinner one night in the Fresco Moderne Brasserie because I was too lazy to go out and was intrigued by the room service menu. What a shame--lots of restaurants in the area. My advice to you is to go to one of them. My favorite is Bonefish or Highwater Harry's.

All courses were beautiful to look at--nicely arranged and garnished. Started with the eggplant soup. What a DISASTER! Had one spoonful and couldn't believe how salty it was, had another spoonful just to check. I suspect it was half miso. Ordered the fish of the day, flounder with asparagas, cherry tomatoes, and fingerling potatoes. Lovely to look at until you cut into the fish and find the hard crust at the bottom of the filet is a black layer of burnt fish. What a waste! The only thing that saved this nasty dinner from total waste, was the server was very nice. Guess she would have to be to get a tip in this place. She offered to take the soup off my bill and have them re-do the fish, but I didn't dare eat another thing here. Order dessert? Ha, I don't think so.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Barbara57
RenaissanceGenMgr, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for your candid remarks about our hotel. We truly apologize that your in-room dining food quality was below standards. I'm hoping you would be willing to assist me in finding out more specifically what went wrong as you have noted. To do this, if I had your specific room number and dates of stay, it would allow us more insight into your report. My direct line is (407)513-7200. I would greatly appreciate receiving this information and do hope we are able to to have you as a guest in the future if you travel to Orlando again.

Regards,

Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed two nights, the hotel is perfect if you are flying. The free shuttle is a real plus. The restruant
and bar have great service.
The front desk help is the only negative at the hotel. They act as though they are doing you a favor. When checking in, it was an effort for them to focus on there job. Too busy texting and chatting with coworkers.
I will stay again.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank TDBArizona
RenaissanceGenMgr, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts about your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate the nice comments about our hotel. The perspective of the front desk staff is appreciated and knowing this we can work on improving this area in the future. Thanks again for choosing us and we hope you will indeed return.