“I will stay here ALWAYS from now on...”

Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd.
Ranked #237 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 2 April 2010

We needed a cheap place to stay for a recent five night visit to Orlando. We werent doing the Disney thing, just needed to be close to some family we were visiting. We were on a very tight budget so we definitely looking for a room with a kitchenette. This hotel was truly a find. The price was absolutely unbelievable. We arrived two hours early, and they went out of their way to find a room for us so we could check in early.

We stayed here with two adults and two young children. The room was clean. The front desk staff very friendly and helpful. They gave us fresh towels, extra pillows and blankets any time we asked.

The continental breakfast was boring, but thats okay. Theres a Golden Corral right next door.

We were on the first floor right by the front office and had no issues with noise besides the occasional car door out front.

I will come back to this hotel frequently.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 March 2010

We stayed there from 3/18/10-3/26/10. Our room was on the 2nd floor; it was very clean and actually bigger than I imagined. The room had 2 doubles, a hide-a-bed, a recliner, a desk, a nice dresser, a swivel TV, a full sized closet with mirrors, and a full kitchen. Since we stayed over a week, we received one complimentary cleaning and restocking of towels and sheets. After that, it was up to us to ask for towels at the front desk and take out the trash (there is a "trash room" as well as a covered trash can by the side door on the first floor).
For having a room right next to the stairwell, I expected some noise coming from the hallway while I slept. I didn't hear anything because the beds are further into the room and the kitchen wall muffles most hallway sounds. However, the bathroom is very close to the room door, so beware...
The A/C unit by the window worked just fine. Cable TV and DVD player were also available. There was a pool outside, but the water was freezing. Not all pools are heated in Florida like I previously thought. :)
Carraba's Italian Grill, Starbucks, Walgreens, a Japanese steakhouse, and Golden Corral were all within walking distance. There was a fantastic IHOP just around the corner, but taking the car would be safer than walking. Hooters is also close by, if that's your thing.
I would definitely stay here again. Universal Studios was less than 5 minutes away. Disney was 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I stayed three nights in mid-March before going on a road trip. I picked the ESD based on price and reviews. The room was clean, spaceous and quiet. I didn't really need the efficency-kitchen, but still it was good to have a fridge and a microwave in the room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is basic with bagels and muffins. Just one minor complaint: High speed internet is not free. There is a one time charge per stay of 4,50$.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2010

We have just completed a five week stay at this hotel.
Last year we booked a month and extended our stay by a week.
This facilty is very close to several restaurants, grocery shopping, and other hotels.
Having a full size fridge, stove and micro wave made it easy to prepare our meals when we were not eating out.
There is a small unheated pool, but it is very enjoyable to sit out by, as the hotel building itself helps to protect it from the wind. This Feb. the weather was quite cool, but it was always comfortable by the pool.
There is a small work-out room along with a laundry room.
We will be back next year.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I do travel a lot and I am usually fusssy about my hotel choice. I chose this one because of the very positives trip advsior's review. I was not disapointed at all. Worthy of note is how eager to help and friendly the front desk staff is. This is a 3 strorey wood frame building. If you are on the firstfloor and light sleeper like I am when people start to get ready in the morning this will wake you up. This was not an inconvinient for us as this was the time we wanted to get up anyway. .Otherwise you may wnat to get a room on the third floor. Great location in a quiet area but close to everything. I would (and will) go back there. Highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Located within walking distance to Universal Studios amusement parks, this hotel offers a clean room (double bed, refrigerator, microwave oven, stove, oven, toaster, cable tv, dvd) combined with a decent breakfast (coffee, milk, orange, apple, butter, bread, muffins, cream cheese) for an affordable price. Excellent cost/benefit ratio.

I found the bed/matress to soft for my liking so my sleep quality did not receive 5 (although this is a matter of personal taste). There is a Fire Station nearby so there is always a possibility of a Fire Truck siren/horn wake you up late at night but this did not happen while I was there. I saw them only twice at morning during my 10 day stay and my son loved to see them in action !

A Rio de Janeiro tourist / Brasil

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank BrazilianExplorer
Reviewed 16 February 2010

The Extended Stay America was ok; we only paid $49.99 a night, but the walls were thin, and we could hear the next room over all night. I had to put in earplugs to sleep. It was a basic room, clean, with a stovetop, microwave, sink and refridgerator. Not too much informaiton available about the Parks. The front desk was not very knowledgeable either.
For the money, was ok, except for the noise. I would rather spend a little more and stay in a nicer place next time.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family