“The 430am Shuttle Does Not Leave at 430am”

Ramada Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #248 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Providence, Rhode Island
“The 430am Shuttle Does Not Leave at 430am”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband & I booked a room at this property due to it's proximity to the Orlando Airport and the 430am airport shuttle service, the earliest departure time of nearby hotels. Upon check-in, we reserved our spots, as our flight was at 530 am. The front desk agent assured us we'd have plenty of time.

We got to our room and prepped for dinner with my in-laws. The drainage in the shower was a major problem, leaving us standing in dirty water less then 60 seconds after turning on the water. I then went down stairs to make a call outside and was left locked out on the side of the building, as the key card reader was inoperative so I had to walk all the way around the building to enter via the lobby.

Fast forward a few hours. My husband and I are anxiously huddled outside with other guest awaiting the 430am shuttle. It didn't arrive on property until 440am and because the sign-up list was poorly managed by the front desk, the shuttle was overbooked. How hard would it have been to call out room numbers from the sign-up sheet and kick people off the shuttle who hadn't signed up? We didn't drive away until 453am, over twenty minutes late.

My husband & I had to sprint thru the airport to make our flight. I felt terrible for a young couple with a 515am flight; there is no way they made it! Not cool! Next time, we will stay at the LaQuinta Inn across the street and spend the $12 on cab fare.

Room Tip: The TCB Suite was nicely appointed.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here after arriving from an international flight and was too tired to drive to my destination about 90 miles away. The cost was less than $100 so it was a good value.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Timmins, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed only one night in order to catch an early flight. Very close to the airport with plenty of restaurants nearby. Room was spacious and clean with a comfortable bed and nice amenities.
Service was friendly and helpful. Left before breakfast so can't comment on that. Did not use the airport shuttle as I was using a rental car. No complaints.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank The_race12
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I wouldn't recommend this hotel. There is no bar or restaurant, it's not clean, the service is awful. They double charged my credit card, They gave my money back after I called them several times and they didn't even apologize to me. Be carefull with Spanish speaking employees

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Amaeli
Lake Worth, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed here for a business trip. The rooms were decent- a good size. Bedding was comfortable and I appreciated having a microwave and fridge in the room. It's an older hotel and needs some updating. The pool area is small, but it works. Out of 4 pieces of gym equipment, 1 was in working order. The breakfast that comes with the room price is less than adequate.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ossining, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I had a reservation for ten nights at the Ramada Suites Orlando Airport Hotel, beginning on this past Christmas evening for my family vacation.

This is an absolute terrible hotel and I spent much time the next morning on the phone with hotels.com to get another hotel and keep my package intact.

When we arrived late on Christmas evening, the woman at the desk gave us a room key. This key opened up a room that was being used. The next key she gave us was also to a room being used and the man in the room was certainly startled. I fear this is an incredibly unsafe hotel and needed to be reported.

Every guest we passed were upset (even holding plungers for flooded toilets!). Some guests stood in the hallway Christmas evening (an entire family of five) that had reservations that were not honored when they arrived.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Janice N
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My family and I stayed here during our most recent vacation to Walt Disney World. We had a rental car scheduled so I can't comment on the airport shuttle. We arrived to find plentiful parking in a rather small lot. The front desk agent was not overly friendly or thrilled to be checking us in, seemed to be "phoning it in" for lack of a better term. We had two rooms booked but for some reason the clerk only found the reservation for one. Once both reservations were found, check-in was easy enough.

We were traveling with three children and one heavy bag, but no offer was made to assist us with luggage, even as I grabbed a bell cart to use in plain view of the front desk agent. Rooms were spacious enough with nice televisions but there aren't enough outlets near the beds for those of us who like to use our laptops in bed to check e-mails/Facebook/news/etc. I understand this may be an older property though.

Housekeeping service was great. Room was always clean as a whistle. My only comment towards housekeeping was that the maid forgot to refresh our coffee one morning. Other than that, housekeeping was flawless.

Breakfast buffet was adequate. Small breakfast pastries complimented by good sausage and eggs which seem like they've been sitting in a hotbox for a while. Not bad eggs per se, just...lifeless. No complaints about cleanliness or the waffle station, though.

All in all, this is a budget hotel near the airport. If you can snag it for a good price by all means do so. It serves as a good destination for all stops in Orlando with free parking and decent WiFi.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family