“Great stay...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #241 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Rutherford, New Jersey
“Great stay...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed for only a weekend, first time I use Ramada Hotels; the check in was almost instant, room was ready, clean, the hotels itself was really nice; inside and out; like every hotel the "typical" breakfast.... but acceptable and of course more than convinience 2 mins from airport; many nice restaurants around and only 10-15 mins from Universal Studios; I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_ramadasuites, Manager at Ramada Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Hello and thank you for staying at our Ramada Suites Orlando Airport. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. We did just install four new fitness machines in our exercise room and are always looking to improve. Please try us again on your next visit to Orlando.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Turkish first
Woodstock, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed there overnight before taking the cruise next day. The hotel does not have any restaurant onsite. Recommend only for overnight stay.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Naturallycool
Thank you for staying at our Ramada Suites Orlando Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Although we do not have a restaurant onsite, we do offer several options.

1-On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings from 5PM-6PM we offer a hospitalityy reception with light snacks. This is usually sponsored by our local restaurants (Hooters, Tony Romas, Procolinos, etc...)

2-We now offer complimentary transportation to the local restaurants (Chinese, Dennys, Sonnys BBQ, Tony Romas, Chilis, Longhorn Steakhouse, & Bonefish Grill)

3-We have several restaurants that deliver directly to the hotel, as well as a restaurant delivery service that delivers for more than 15 area restaurants.

4-We have a small shop in our lobby that is open 24hrs and has several brands of frozen and shelf stable meals

Please try us again on your next visit to Orlando.
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Booked this hotel as a one night stay prior to heading to Vero Beach the following day. Traveled from Sacramento with a 15 month old, got in at 9:30pm. No shuttle at the airport when we got there. Called the front desk and the clerk said it would be there in 20 minutes (hotel is 2 miles from the airport). After 45 minutes still no shuttle. Wound up taking a shuttle belonging to another hotel who felt sorry for us with the baby. Night clerk was horrible.....unfriendly, uncaring, rude. Had to ask for a crib for the baby and apparently we were bothering her. Asked the clerk where we could buy milk for the baby since there little store was out and she sent my husband on a wild goose chase. Ended up getting milk from a neighboring hotel who also serves breakfast in the morning and had some readily available. When my husband finally made it back he found out from a new clerk that they had milk too. ARGH!!!

Room was clean and spacious and included continental breakfast was decent. However with the inconsistency with the shuttle I couldn't trust them to get me to the airport on time on our way home so we cancelled our second reservation and stayed elsewhere. Cost us an additional $100, but worth the piece of mind knowing we would make our flight.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hello. I am sorry you had a miserable stay at our hotel. I assure you it is not typical and we have spoken of your issues in several meetings. Unfortunately, with the information given, I cannot narrow down a specific front desk employee to address. So, I have addressed it with all of them. We had just taken over our shuttle service from an outside company this April. So, hopefully, we have seen quite a bit of improvement already related to our complimentary airport shuttle. Again. I am sorry for any short comings you had experienced.
Worcestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Landed at Orlando late at night, picked up hire car and traveled 5 minutes to our pre-booked (£70 on hotels.com) family room (2 x double beds.) Hotel very quiet but feeling a bit old fashioned and tired in places.

Beds comfy and shower good, breakfast from 6am buffet style (very acceptable) and very handy to be at Harry Potter before 8am to miss the crowds!

Not sure staying here for longer would be great, but perfect for a short stay.

Staff very friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Easy Check-In; front desk clerk was friendly and helpful; very clean and well maintained hotel; easy and convenient location 5 minutes from Orlando International.
Had a Junior Suite for 1 night- was really nice, updated, big flat screen tv, most comfortable bed
we've ever slept in, it was huge.

One problem was the free shuttle to the airport- was late by 30 minutes; Ramada had been in contract with another hotel chain to provide this transportation; apparently this other company was upset because as of April this contract was discontinued.

Room Tip: lots of restaurants within walking distance.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I booked this hotel for two nights in March to fly home from Orlando. I chose this hotel because of its close proximity to the airport. It is close enough that you only have a few minute shuttle/taxi but far enough that plans don’t keep you up at night when you are trying to sleep.

The good:

In the two days that I stayed at this hotel I did not go outside. However, in the general area of this hotel there are a tonne of options for food and restaurants. The hotel also offers complimentary breakfast in the morning which did include hot items such as sausage and eggs. As some people have mentioned before the beds are very comfortable and easy to sleep in. I ended up getting a handicap accessible room and it was nice. The room I was in came with a dinette as well as a living room.

The bad:

I don’t really have anything against this hotel besides the old musty smell that you can smell in some of the hotel rooms. If this was fixed I would highly recommend this hotel.
Overall:
If you can get this hotel for a decent price and want to stay close to the airport I would suggest it. If you can look past the musty smell in some rooms you will save lots of money and sleep well in their comfy beds.

Room Tip: Free shuttle to the airport. Take advantage of it! Call and make reservations first though.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Byron D
Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband & I booked a room at this property due to it's proximity to the Orlando Airport and the 430am airport shuttle service, the earliest departure time of nearby hotels. Upon check-in, we reserved our spots, as our flight was at 530 am. The front desk agent assured us we'd have plenty of time.

We got to our room and prepped for dinner with my in-laws. The drainage in the shower was a major problem, leaving us standing in dirty water less then 60 seconds after turning on the water. I then went down stairs to make a call outside and was left locked out on the side of the building, as the key card reader was inoperative so I had to walk all the way around the building to enter via the lobby.

Fast forward a few hours. My husband and I are anxiously huddled outside with other guest awaiting the 430am shuttle. It didn't arrive on property until 440am and because the sign-up list was poorly managed by the front desk, the shuttle was overbooked. How hard would it have been to call out room numbers from the sign-up sheet and kick people off the shuttle who hadn't signed up? We didn't drive away until 453am, over twenty minutes late.

My husband & I had to sprint thru the airport to make our flight. I felt terrible for a young couple with a 515am flight; there is no way they made it! Not cool! Next time, we will stay at the LaQuinta Inn across the street and spend the $12 on cab fare.

Room Tip: The TCB Suite was nicely appointed.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple